Author Topic: Where have you been ? where are you going ?  (Read 4652 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
Where have you been ? where are you going ?
« on: February 09, 2011, 05:55:26 AM »
So like the thread title says , list the countrys ( or citys ) you have been too , write down some stuff about the trip or just list it if you want .

Sweden : Home
Denmark : Lived there
Finland : Been there 2 times , Moved to Helsinki in 2010
Germany :Been there too many times to count, been to most big citys , going back when I get the chans , might concider moving there
Austria : Been there 3 times
Poland : One time
Hungery : Been there 3 times ,  usualy for 1-2 months each time
Greece : Rhodos , Athens , Samos , Crete . I wanna go back to Rhodos ASAP , nice child hood memories from there
Cypres : 1 skate / family trip . One drinking / party trip
USA : Atlanta and Texas , Mostly San Antonio but some time in Austin and made my then GF drive me to El Paso just because of ATDI
France : 3 times , Paris and Nice , lived for about a month abit outside Nice working .
Israel : Tel Aviv , Nice ppl , AMAZING girls and nice party and vaccation things , gods country , Israel is just amazing
UK : London England
Singapor : One time
Australia : Living there

places I wanna go

Spain : Work and skate
Easter Islands : Just to check it out
Iceland : must be nice place to visit
Japan : Must be a crazy amazing trip
New Zealand: Nice nature
China : Must be cool
S Korea : Must be cool
Costa Rica: Going there to voulunteer at a sloth rescue center
Norway : Dont know why I havent been there yet , amazing nature
USA : Need to go back and skate SF , visit the Elliott smith wall in LA , and eat at hungery Jacks , missing those burgers
Canada : Got friends and family there , Ottawa , Montreal , Toronto , Vancuver , Edmonton
France : Need more time in Nice and paris , maybe lyon
South America : Kinda wanted to do a backpacking trip to Peru , Bolivia , Chile and somewhere ells

Its a long life , done all those trips in less then 29 years , so I got time to do it all in the next 30 years no prob ...

next !

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:59:59 AM by Monty Burns »

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
Re: Where have you been ? where are you going ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »
Been to Europe, Northern Africa, South America, Mexico/ Canada and a bunch of places in the US..

I don't got any set plans anywhere.. But I want to save up money to go to europe soon!

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
Austria once, Linz and Steyr.
Germany 3 times, Berlin, Munich, Hof, Konstanz, and some other small towns.
Switzerland once, Basel and Zurich.

I live in the states, but have only been to states on the east coast... I might go to California next winter.

And I'm going to Europe again for three months this summer, I'll be staying in Germany and hopefully going to Spain, France, Czech Republic, and Sweden.

Froston

• Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »
Ive been to,
Chicago
Miami
Louisville
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Toranto
unfortuanly no where outside of north america.

Going to,
San Francisco at the end of the month.
Chicago Bi-weekly in spring - fall

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
upstate NY- home

been to every every state on the east coast, every big city (bar a few such as atlanta, tampa, wilmington delaware, pittsburgh) been to a lot of the smaller cities too.

last month took a roadtrip to Arizona....in the north i'd never been west of detroit and in the south no further than I-95.  I've always wanted to go through the deep south, we hit Tennessee, alabama, mississippi, louisiana (New Orleans, and the whole bayou country were more amazing than I had ever hoped!), Texas new Mexico and finally Arizona. Spent about a month in AZ, totally different than any place I had been to on the east. real deal southwest culture in Arizona...its like a different country than the metropolitan east.

In Canada I've spent time in New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia. canada's eastern provinces are cool, Nova Scotia especially.

Also been to Puerto Rico and Costa Rica. Two totally different places, but I think i'd take central america over the carribean any day of the week.

Where I want to go-

moving to SF at the end of the month.

this fall I wanna go to ireland, spend most of my time in north ireland and then hop the water on over to scotland.
iceland- amazing
scandanavia- ditto
new zealand - gorgeous

my plan is all over that before 25. after 25, I'll have another 40 years to go everywhere else!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
heading to greece on the 23rd for 2 months. after that, thinking about ireland to see some relatives.

anyone here know if it's chill to tape boards together and carry them on to the plane?

BriDen

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
anyone here know if it's chill to tape boards together and carry them on to the plane?

I've done it before, but I never flew overseas.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never been allowed to carry my skateboard or boards on the plane , they concider them something that could be used as weapons . last 4 flights it was a no no

Matthew Moon

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
I've been flying a lot lately in the states.. and I brought my skateboard with (carry on) and had no problems.. The only thing they care about is that you don't have more then 2 bag. .and if you board last you'll have a hard time finding a spot..

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
heading to greece on the 23rd for 2 months. after that, thinking about ireland to see some relatives.
I've done it coming from Europe to the US, and throughout the US.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
Been:
Mexico - when I was a young one, lots of family there.
US - California(lived), Oregon, Alaska(lived), Hawaii, New York, Oklahoma(lived), Texas, Mississippi(lived), Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, and Nevada.
Italy - Many cities and small towns (lived)
Germany
England
Vatican City
Switzerland
Austria
France
Slovenia
Want:
Everywhere, there's not one country I do not want to visit in the future (unless some political, social, etc problem occurs).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:08:17 PM by Crass »

tre killa

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »
sadley enough the only place i have been besides california are nevada and utah and belive me salt lake city has one of the worst skate sensces you will ever see talk about pink cut of shorts and krew bandanas

ryangoose

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »
Been all across the US, skated most of Oregon except for the southern parks, WA. Live in SC most of the time, have skated lots of NC, FL, and other area parks as well as a few up in PA and the surrounding area.

Living in Vienna, Austria, til July. So far it's too cold to street skate but the indoor park isn't too bad and has some real rippers. Got trips planned to Barcelona, Marseilles/possibly also Nice, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, and I'll probably make it to Berlin and Prague before I'm done.

Using study abroad in college to go skate Europe is probably the smartest thing I've done since I've been in school.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
Living in Vienna, Austria, til July. So far it's too cold to street skate but the indoor park isn't too bad and has some real rippers. Got trips planned to Barcelona, Marseilles/possibly also Nice, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, and I'll probably make it to Berlin and Prague before I'm done. Using study abroad in college to go skate Europe is probably the smartest thing I've done since I've been in school.
That's awesome, take advantage of it.

clamy

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
Australia: Home. Only skated Sydney and Canberra so far but I want to check out Melbourne this year.

Been: England, Finland
Didn't get to skate much in England but there were some fun looking spots in London.
Skating in Finland was one of my best times, going street with some kids who I couldn't even speak to but just skating with them was tight. I had a friend who could speak english and finnish who came along which made it alright. The town I was staying in was tiny but it had more spots than my city back home.

Want:
US for sure. I'm going to do my second year of school over there. I'd like to see all of the USA but I'd be happy with just SF and San Jose.
Spain - Probably the only European country I want to visit.
Finland - Got a bunch of family over there, another trip is needed.

Diogenes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »

Really though, had to do it. Cash is the shit.
Apparently I've been to 11% of the states in the world.
I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give?

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

Upon being told by Alexander The Great if there were anything in the world he wished for, he could have it.

truthislie

• Rep: 55
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »

Living in Vienna, Austria, til July. So far it's too cold to street skate but the indoor park isn't too bad and has some real rippers. Got trips planned to Barcelona, Marseilles/possibly also Nice, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, and I'll probably make it to Berlin and Prague before I'm done.

From Vienna I?d recommend you to go to bratislava. You can go there for a day, it?s like an hour on the bus and pretty cheap. Its not all that good, but my friends went last year and there is this new opera house that looks really nice. Here are some pictures of it:

http://ic-skate.blogspot.com/2010/11/ein-ausflug-jagt-den-anderen.html

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »
Australia...pretty much every major city
New Zealand, Christchurch and Wanaka
U.S. all throughout the south west, and wyoming.
China
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Lived in Jakarta Indonesia for 16 years, went all over the archipelago though
Went to Hungary and Poland for a few months to visit family

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »

I'm living in Oakland, but I grew up in LA. Been to a few different states in the US ; Arizona, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhodes Island, Oregon and Pennsylvania.

Outside of the States I've been to Canada, Pakistan and Jamaica.

I haven't skated every where I've been but I got to skate a lot of NYC and Jersey city that I visit frequently. I skated in Toronto when I visited Canada and I skated in Kingston when I went to Jamaica.

Places I wanna go are Atlanta and Louisiana for the states. Outside the states would be Vancouver, Tokyo, China and Europe.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 06:55:19 AM »
surprised by the amount of people that have visited austria.

Austria: home country, been pretty much in every state, but mostly non-skating
Germany: Berlin (awesome), D?sseldorf (better than expected, nice city), hoping to go to Hamburg in April
France: Paris (liked it, but was there too short), Nice (didnt like it, but i guess we had a bad weekend)
Spain: Barcelona (need i say anything about that?), along the riviera to France: GREAT lonley beaches.
Italy: Rome (long ago, would like to see it again), some standard tourist cities when i was young
Croatia: Zagreb, island Krk, Rovinj. i really like that country, hopefully i?ll visit Split once.
Hungary: Budapest, awesome city.
UK: Cambridge, London

Hopefully coming up:

The northern european states
Amsterdam (maybe in April)
USA/Canada
Everywhere else (that one might be a bit unrealistic)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Never been allowed to carry my skateboard or boards on the plane , they concider them something that could be used as weapons . last 4 flights it was a no no

yeah i've heard different things. i flew to jamaica, and was able to have my board as a carry on. but on the way back i had to stuff it in my suit case. all domestic flights in the states have allowed me to carry my board. ironically some doofus started a scene once because i was able to have my board and he got his water bottle taken away
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:56 AM »
last time i was able to do it was probably like...6 years ago

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:36 AM »
Been to:

U.S.A. - From here and have been to every state. I feel like if I ever end up back here it would be between austin, denver, and new york for living.
Canada- Liked it enough but doesn't entice me for living. Vancouver and Montreal are cool. As a country I think it's pretty boring.
Jamaica-
Cayaman Islands-
Mexico-
England
Belgium
netherlands
France
Spain
Germany
Denmark
Italy
Poland
Czech Republic
Ukraine
Hungary
Croatia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Serbia
Romania
Bulgaria
Turkey
India
Qatar
Sri Lanka
Hong Kong
China
Laos
Vietnam
Cambodia
Thailand
Malaysia
Singapore

Wants to go/eventually going to:
Well, I would love to see all of the world but the places I want to go most are:
South America
Africa
Israel
Australia - I'm moving here. Will be on a plane there in less than a week. I used to be a lot more excited in the prospect of moving to Australia but the more I think about it now, I feel like I'm eventually going to end up somewhere in Europe. It's so dense and I have so many friends there and could go on trips a lot more frequently. Turkey and Poland have been my favorite countries so far I'd say. I wish I had the time to type out my thoughts on all these countries, but I'm in a rush right now. Insightful thread though, I really like this.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:19:33 AM by sexualhelon »

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:51 AM »
All of the Western States; OR WA NV UT ID WY MT CO AZ
Some of New england, Boston, New York, not really NE anymore Philly, DC Jersey
Florida
Hawaii, Texas
Canada, Vancouver only
In Europe: Italy, Spain(twice), France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Rep.
Probably a few other states I'm forgetting

Want to go to Australia, NZ, South America, Africa, Middle east, Japan, China, Russia, Korea. Basically everywhere possible.
ANTARCTICA
The southern states a little

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
So like the thread title says , list the countrys ( or citys ) you have been too , write down some stuff about the trip or just list it if you want .

Sweden : Home
Denmark : Lived there
Finland : Been there 2 times , Moved to Helsinki in 2010
Germany :Been there too many times to count, been to most big citys , going back when I get the chans , might concider moving there
Austria : Been there 3 times
Poland : One time
Hungery : Been there 3 times ,  usualy for 1-2 months each time
Greece : Rhodos , Athens , Samos , Crete . I wanna go back to Rhodos ASAP , nice child hood memories from there
Cypres : 1 skate / family trip . One drinking / party trip
USA : Atlanta and Texas , Mostly San Antonio but some time in Austin and made my then GF drive me to El Paso just because of ATDI
France : 3 times , Paris and Nice , lived for about a month abit outside Nice working .
Israel : Tel Aviv , Nice ppl , AMAZING girls and nice party and vaccation things , gods country , Israel is just amazing
UK : London England
Singapor : One time
Australia : Living there

places I wanna go

Spain : Work and skate
Easter Islands : Just to check it out
Iceland : must be nice place to visit
Japan : Must be a crazy amazing trip
New Zealand: Nice nature
China : Must be cool
S Korea : Must be cool
Costa Rica: Going there to voulunteer at a sloth rescue center
Norway : Dont know why I havent been there yet , amazing nature
USA : Need to go back and skate SF , visit the Elliott smith wall in LA , and eat at hungery Jacks , missing those burgers
Canada : Got friends and family there , Ottawa , Montreal , Toronto , Vancuver , Edmonton
France : Need more time in Nice and paris , maybe lyon
South America : Kinda wanted to do a backpacking trip to Peru , Bolivia , Chile and somewhere ells

Its a long life , done all those trips in less then 29 years , so I got time to do it all in the next 30 years no prob ...

next !

i went to iceland on a school trip a few years ago, there were so many sick spots! and on one hight street there were like 3 skate shops, the place has some sick underground scene going on.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Mostly traveled the U.S. I'm going to do this skatewise, only including places I've skated.
Chicago- Grew up there, one of the most Amazing cities in the world
Milwaukee- visited while I lived in Chi, some good shit downtown, a good place to skate another city if you live in/near Chi
Madison- same idea as Milwaukee, but with college kids
Cincinnati- some dope shit, skated the dyrdek plaza nearby. Figured out why all the new skate plazas have metal edges on the ledges
Philadelphia- Love, city hall, all that shit were going off first time I went, now its not about that but I stand by the fact that there are still plenty of cool cutty spots there. Also, FDR kills it
NYC- fuck yeah. All that can be said
DC- Hot and muggy, historical shit everywhere, skated pulaski and some random shit around the city
Miami- just skated some shit by the hotel my family was at, Miami seemed cool when I was 16
St. Louis- St. Louis is actually pretty sick. They got a DIY park going and a lot of good cutty spots
Santa Cruz- very little to skate there for a city that serves as headquarters for santa cruz, creature, consolidated, indy, and ricta. Still an amazing place. The new park is fun as fuck. Secret about derby park: not that fun, still gets love because it is a classic park
San Jose- Know somebody or you'll miss half the spots. Lame culture, cool spots.
San Francisco- HILLLLSSSSS. I'm pretty sure this place is heaven on earth, skatewise, culturally, it just doesn't get better than this town
Oakland- SF's low key neighbor. I lived here for a while. Its become quite the DIY mecca in its own rite. Dope town.
LA- spots everywhere. So much good shit to skate, a lot of it is just pretty spread out. Definitely worth visiting, but I wouldn't want to live here, too bad I do.
San Diego- Man, FUCK San Diego. Washington street is fun, but really, overall its pretty blown out, and a lot of the bad shit you hear about LA is more true in SD (its spread out, you gotta know where spots are, there is no downtown, people are made of plastic...)
Sacramento- Probably need somebody to take you around (I did), but it has some cool spots for sure. I still hold a slight grudge against it after I broke my foot trying to ollie the triple set
I can't think of any other U.S. cities off the top of my head, so lets go international now (much shorter list)
Ensenada, Mexico. I hear its all drug warred out now, but back in the day it wasn't, and there is a lot of really cool and unique shit to skate there. Right outside of town we took a road to a place call la bufadora to camp, on the way we found 5 empty pools right by the road. 3 were skatable. Fuck yeah Ensenada. Too bad they probably stash bodies in those pools now.
Vancouver, Canada- I went when I was 17, which was 11 years ago. Back then, Vancouver was still pretty much the Canadian SF. Skated that one spot they skated in the Plan B videos with all the ledges and the two sets of stairs, I think it's called the new spot. So much other good street skating to be had. I hear it's not quite like that these days though. Bummer.
Brussels, Belgium- I was 13 and was hyped to frontside 180 a 3 stair, so I don't know if I can give a good review. They do have a good 3 stair apparently though.
Paris, France- pretty awesome. Skated by the eiffel tower at that plaza with all the stairs and banks next to them (Soy Panday skates in static 3 I believe) Paris is a pretty cool city overall
London, England- South bank was dope. England weirds me out though. No particular reason why

This summer I'm on my way to Peru
I've wanted to go to Barcelona for a while, but everytime trip time comes up I back off and think its uncreative, but I'm over it, Barcelona looks sick and I need to go. Maybe on a trip through the mediteranean region.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »
I'm bumping this thread cause I like it.

Chicago - Home
Boulder, CO - Home for 5 years
All around CO - Beautiful state.
Minneapolis - Nicest people in the country
Costa Mesa/Santa Ana/Long Beach/Huntington - Perfect weather, great parks
Alberta (Banff), Whistler-Blackcomb (good god)

Also: Iowa, SF when I was young, Las Vegas (2x), Cleveland, Detroit, All over Wisconsin, Nashville, Indianapolis, Utah (scenic drive), San Diego, Orlando

Puerto Vallarta (2x)- The best food, amazing place.
Cancun (Playa Del Carmen) (2x) - Kind of boring resort town
Jamaica - Crazy country
Dominican Republic
Puerto Rico

London - Love it there
Amsterdam - nuff said
Maastricht - Intersting place
Paris - Briefly

Plan on going to:
NYC (next week)
Barcelona (October)
Brazil (World Cup 2014)

Want to go:
Florida or California 2013
China or Japan 2015

Beyond: Iceland, Germany, Alaska, Thailand, Ireland, More of England, France again, Oregon/Washington, SF again, India, Portugal, More of Spain, Sweden, Montreal, Poland, Mexico road trip if things ever cool down.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:59:28 PM by chockfullofthat »

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »
Home: Italy, visited pretty much all of it

Went to:

-Switzerland: the southern part, both the french and german one and the italian too
-France: Nice
-Spain: all the coast when I was soo young, then prettymuch all the balears
-Germany: Berlin twice, baden wurtemberg and bavaria
-UK:wales cardiff, great britain london and devon multiple times
-Sweden: stockholm
-Austria: wien
-Greece: santorini and athens
USA: east coast: ma ct nyc nj pa de md washington dc va and nc
        west coast: ca a lot arizona nevada utah new mexico colorado then made like 200 metres past the us mexico border in tijuana but it was nasty so idk if that counts haha

Want to go:
sweden, norway finland and danmark, and SF/the nature between the pacific ocean and arizona/colorado, it's amazing
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
I'll bump this thread, well, because I like it (as chockfullofthat noted as well). I lurk this thread quite often and find it interesting where people on here have been. So, let's cut to the chase:

Europe:
Germany (Home): every federal state and all of the major cities except Leipzig. Covered a lot of areas and smaller cities/towns as well.
Austria: the alps as a little child.
Switzerland: drove through it three times. Two of these times I stayed in Lausanne for about a week. Most beautiful country to pass through...
France: Paris, Strasbourg and Southern France/Riviera/Cote d'Azur.
Belgium: live really close to it. Passed through occasionally but haven't really visited any particular place.
Luxemburg: again: really close to where my parents live but only went there for practical purposes (i.e. cheap gas, cigarettes, and beer)
Holland: one of my parents' go-to place for holidays. Been to Amsterdam, the Hague, Texel, and other sea towns.
Denmark: the island Langeland and central Denmark (Legoland, Esbjerg) as a child.
Czech Republic: Prague. One of my favourite cities in Europe.
Slovakia: changed busses in Bratislava if that counts... I guess not.
Hungary: Budapest
Italy: trip to Tuscany (Pisa, Florence, Siena) with school.
Spain: Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca) multiple times. Been my parents' other go-to spot for holidays. Also been to Alicante, Elche, and, of course, the inevitable Barcelona. Probably my favourite country in Europe proper.
Sweden: Gothenburg. Visited a friend and had a blast! Judging from the little I've seen, Sweden is as close to how a society should be like as I'll probably ever get...
Turkey: been on a kickass university excursion for 10 days. Started in Ankara and went all the way through multiple little towns in Central Anatolia down to Alanya and Antalya. Really dope and beautiful country with the best food I've ever had!

Africa:
South Africa: lived there for a certain period. Been pretty much all over. Most beautiful country I've ever been to.
Lesotho: day trip to the mountains.
Swaziland: went cross-country (it's really small) two times and stayed over for one night.
Mozambique: from the capital Maputo up to Inhambane and one small little village in between. Beautiful country but insanely poor.

USA:
California: most of the places in between SF and San Diego. San Francisco is definitely up there in my imaginary list of favourite cities. San Diego and LA are ok.
Arizona: Grand Canyon.
Nevada: Las Vegas and some desert parks. Las Vegas is overrated.
Utah: favourite state as far as natural beauty goes (so far). Been to several places (mostly National Parks) in between St. George and Moab.
New York: NYC. Different from what I imagined it to be like, still nice.

Got a trip planned to Portugal (Porto) and Galicia, Spain with my girlfriend this February. Should be exciting. Other than that, I'll visit a friend in Thessaloniki, Greece in early summer. Wanna check out Poland (Wroclaw or Krakow) any time soon, too.

I'll be moving to California this fall and would love to check out Baja California (Mexico) before settling there. The Rocky Mountains and Oregon, including Portland, sound interesting as well.

Beyond: London, Scotland, Russia, more of Switzerland (northern part), more of Spain (Madrid, Andalucia), Morocco, Istanbul, Rome, Sicily. I'm also eager to do a road trip to the Balkans (Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, BiH, Serbia) as well. We'll see if that ever works out...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:25:52 PM by AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Within North America:
Cincinnati-Born and bred
Portland ME/OR-Currently reside/Awesome city, tried to skate Burnside (tried)
Atlanta/Savannah-Lived in both in college and slightly out of college doing summer internships, as far as the south goes, these cities are pretty cool.
Chicago-College town
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver-For this and the 2 former went on a month long trip with my now fiancee
San Francisco-Pride week/Skating Pride week is weird
Oakland-Stopped by when in the Bay, didn't get to see much
Mexico City-College spring break vacation
Virginia Beach-Hung out and skated, met Kyle Berard
Los Angeles-Hated this city
Seattle-Stalked Sub Pop records and the Mariners the whole time

Outside North America
France
Germany
Luxembourg
Czech Republic
Poland
Spain
Portugal
Great Britain
Ireland
Scotland
-All of these were pretty touristy stuff usually, finding food spots, making food, drinking alcohol, swimming, whatever. My board came with me to France, Spain, Portugal, and Germany.
Israel-Parents are Jews, even though myself and all my siblings are atheists, still a cool trip just to see that region of the world, also made me realize how fucked up the Israeli-Palestine situation is
Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa-Visiting Africa was one of the coolest experiences of my entire life, seeing it was life changing. If you ever get the chance to spend some time there, meet some locals, eat the food, see everything you can, absorb it, it's awesome.