Author Topic: OIAM: Whiteley Interview on ABD  (Read 972 times)

corned beef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
Re: OIAM: Whiteley Interview on ABD
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »
ahh come on, the boards arent that bad.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »
i think they used to be more balanced in the sense of love/hate, but now they're more balanced in terms of what people like. Ie, you would have never seen much prod love on here years ago and you def do now.
I need a coffee

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
for every 1 person to give some sort of praise, you'll get 1000 people who will dish out a heaping pile of hate. 
its unfortunate but thats the way it is on the internet, even more so on messageboards.
and if you're going to be in the public eye, you better develop some thicker skin.  yeah slap can be harsh but so can real life.     

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »
I don't feel like there's too much overheated hate on here. Everybody has the right to have an opinion and to speak up.
If someone posts a video of say Adam Dyet, Ill say I hate his style. Should Adam Dyet care ? No, as long as there are people out there who love his skating.
Do I care that COTG hates every single one of my favourite skaters ? No, but I find it interesting to see that there actually are different opinions out there than the ones you see/hear/read everywhere else.
Of course, there will always be some shitheads who overreact and go too far, but they're mostly not the most popular ones in here (except for, kook me to infinity but I have always fucking hated him/his jokes/campaigns, fuckginonpops. He was praised around here and I think he went too far in attacking people.)
Those kinds of direct assaults is what I don't like about this place. But look at the amount of appreciation! threads, there's still lots of gay love for pros in here. And that's a fucking good thing.

EDIT
Also, on the OIAM matter. I don't think the idea of having the skaters send in a video of them talking is a good idea. That just seems like a small step towards reality-tv situations. I'm not saying it's gonna happen right away, but slowly you're gonna start typecasting a little bit and that's the last thing that should happen. Mark, you already said that the "forrest-factor" helped out in terms of viewership and popularity, but please don't fall in that trap. I could see why you'd start going in that direction, and that's just a natural evolution for a show like this that's becoming more popular. But I think the forrest-situation was already on the edge in those terms.
/school-learned knowledge
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:52:42 PM by Mein Fuhrer! I can walk! »

Inbred Jed

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:04 PM »
I think the next OIAM should be all tween-age skate park kids in full pads throwing down fly out tricks. The skate coach satellite parents will provide the Forrest Factor. Guest pros include Doug Brown, the magnet board guy and Andy Roy.

kevbo999

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
Still waiting to hear exactly how Forrest was sooo torturous that week..  So far all I know is he wasn't grateful for Daryl's board, he quietly sat out certain spots, and calmly expressed his opinions on camera when asked.  Maybe he complained a bit when dragged to yet another tranny spot, but is that really considered "extremely frustrating, unbearable behavior"?  It's not like he went out of his way to start shit with anyone.

As for the forum bashing.. I understand that companies are pissed about their videos leaking and the constructive criticism they receive on Slap.. but again, it's the internet age.  Learn how to sell your videos online and not to cry when people aren't into you.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
thats a bummer about how slap has such a negaive connotation towards it specially being a huge part of dudes life. instead of a minute of talking for next oiam they should have the talking along with the skating cuz a minute of talking about themselves sounds waaaaackkkkkk

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »
Forgot Reuben is 16.