Author Topic: Tom Penny wearing normal pants, WTF?  (Read 16445 times)

juja

Re: Tom Penny wearing normal pants, WTF?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 06:47:36 PM »
[/url]

Cool...I love it how he say's Boulala and himself are both looking good in 2011, no dilutions there!!

Canuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 11:37:12 PM »
He had a really good interview in the Thrasher 20 year anniversary issue. I got it around here somewhere. I'll try and scan it.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 03:47:56 AM »
He had a really good interview in the Thrasher 20 year anniversary issue. I got it around here somewhere. I'll try and scan it.

please do.

always fun to see new penny footage.

and also, fuck junkyard.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 04:53:32 AM »

That was a sick interview. I remember him saying that he "wanted to bomb a hill switch looking the other way, like Julien".

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
I loved TOm back in the 'day'

some facts, he is 34 years old, wears 2 tshirts one that is 2 sizes to big than the one he wears on the outer,
wears some ghetto rag on his head that looks like he is the biggest try hard and he probably uses it to wipe his
ass when he runs out of dunny paper.

is he still skating as good as tony hawk or rodney mullen at 34. no......he can live in europe because he has a uk/eu passport

this mother fucker is washed up, Mr Pennah it's time to pass the mike mother fucker....

wow he is 34 and isn't dressing like his debut parts when he was 14 years old...WOW WOW WOW

tell him to say hi to Gino

Plug_One

• Rep: 9
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »

some facts, he is 34 years old, wears 2 tshirts one that is 2 sizes to big than the one he wears on the outer,
wears some ghetto rag on his head that looks like he is the biggest try hard and he probably uses it to wipe his

is he still skating as good as tony hawk or rodney mullen at 34. no......he can live in europe because he has a uk/eu passport

this mother fucker is washed up, Mr Pennah it's time to pass the mike mother fucker....

wow he is 34 and isn't dressing like his debut parts when he was 14 years old...WOW WOW WOW

yeah, he should wear some dickies, antihero tee, flannel, trucker hat and some old skools/halfcabs, then he would be totally legit and mad raw even if he only did fs 5-0s in backyardpools. am i right?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 05:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah, he should wear some dickies, antihero tee, flannel, trucker hat and some old skools/halfcabs, then he would be totally legit and mad raw even if he only did fs 5-0s in backyardpools. am i right?

boom!

why hate on penny? he just does his thing. dont be jealous cause he lives the sweet life and does whatever the fuck he wants

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »
he doesnt owe anything to anyone. he didnt ask for any popularity. watch the menikmati dvd again..  then he had two good parts after that.. and another one coming up - and he loves skating more than you do.

penguin meat

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 11:14:59 PM »
Ben norberg skates like a faggy douche.

When I see Ben Norberg skate I struggle to uphold my belief that I'd never kill anyone at random.

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »

you must be 18 years old and or a major fuck stick.  please die. slow.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 03:42:07 AM »
Thanks a lot for the link. Boulala wanted to dress like penny back in the day. Penny has always been doing his thing, now that he's an old sailor it just makes him even cooler.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:40 AM »
Here's that interview I mentioned.

check out my site for the full images: http://criddlers.blogspot.com/2011/07/tom-penny-interview-2001.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:09:55 PM by Canuck »

beyond_jaded

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »

dam thats a harsh comparison Rodney and tony are both pretty much straight edge and are out training the whole time. didn't hawk do his first 900 when he was 34 and is still doing no handed 540s to this day.

anyway toms just living his life enjoying it however he likes, for what he contributed to skating back in the 90s he could never skate again and still pick up cheques if people want to buy his boards, same as natas, gonz, koston, hosoi, they can do whatever they want and their boards will still sell just like picassos paintings still sell for tons these days

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
Fuck yeah, thanks Canuck.  That was a great read, what an epic Julien quote!
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Kert

• Rep: 3
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »
Here's that interview I mentioned.
Thanks a lot! That was a great read.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
my first board was a Tom Penny with these dancing beatniks on it -- got it in early 95 for my birthday..  ive been trying to track that graphic down so i can get one and hang it on the wall - but cant seem to find that exact one..  there were a couple series of beatnik graphics that flip put out around that time..

if anyone has an idea of the one im talking about post it or hit me up - would love to track that down.

anyone know of like a board graphic retrospective for Tom Penny? that would be rad

juja

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
my first board was a Tom Penny with these dancing beatniks on it -- got it in early 95 for my birthday..  ive been trying to track that graphic down so i can get one and hang it on the wall - but cant seem to find that exact one..  there were a couple series of beatnik graphics that flip put out around that time..

if anyone has an idea of the one im talking about post it or hit me up - would love to track that down.

anyone know of like a board graphic retrospective for Tom Penny? that would be rad

I do remember that deck....I had a Penny from 95 which had a cartoon cat graphic, I think from some English show but I can't remember the name....

Anyhoo havnt seen any of those old graphics pop up anywhere unfortunately....

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
^ the cheshire cat graphic?? That was one of my first skateboards, and maybe my favorite ever.  I've also probably had upwards of ten of the classic Penny mushroom boards.  I get the chills just thinking about that one.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Fuck the Penny hate. Dude is still killing it and influencing rollerbladers style today.