Author Topic: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger  (Read 7677 times)

wallieD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
i don't know how the original story is so far off from the truth, but it just got a whole lot crazier yall. it turns out the guy wasn't a ranger. it was actually twuan (who recently relocated to philly) picking up trash at love as a part of his community service. the skater overheard twuan whispering to himself " do you want to catch my fade nigga" over and over and thought it was directed at him. twuan thought about giving this guy his fade, but then backed off not wanting to mess up his probation. i'm really proud of him for not fighting back

jon schmoldt

• Rep: -32
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:24 PM »
i guess this guy really wants them to tear down love park, or maybe his mom was being mean to him that day and he just snapped on the ranger...

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
im more pissed at the hoe ass dude who filmed it and put it out = helping cops.

niggas be snitching and don't even know it...

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
I rolled by there last night around 11pm.  Looked like a normal Monday with about a dozen kids skating.  I don't think this incident had major negative repercussions like many people projected.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

snitching is a good thing. If someone commits a crime, they ought to be punished for it.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
snitching is a good thing. If someone commits a crime, they ought to be punished for it.

aren't most of us here street skaters?

hurry, someone film me and call the cops every time i skate an illegal spot in public!

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »
At least the white kid felt bad and gave the ranger his hat back. The other two kids are slime and should be black listed from Philly skateboarding.

Also lame the filmer tries to sound like a hero when all he did was film someone get beat up.

Shitty situation all around.

AllStarPars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
Anyone who kicks someone in the head when they're on the floor deserves to have their feet cut off.

I'd of probably stepped in and smacked the kid that was fighting the guard after seeing the boot to the face.

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
At least the white kid felt bad and gave the ranger his hat back. The other two kids are slime and should be black listed from Philly skateboarding.

Also lame the filmer tries to sound like a hero when all he did was film someone get beat up.

Shitty situation all around.

I hear you, at first i was like "what a fucking shit that gave his hat back and skated off."

Truth is he's just a kid(I hope), who got caught up and didn't really know what to do but isn't a total shit.  Sad thing is, he's probably gonna be the first to break and get beat up or the other way around.  i don't know, I hope as that hat giver back kid gets older he becomes less of a Jake Spoon "leaky vessel" as Gus McRae calls him...a kid that "just kind of drifts, any wind can blow him."  Lol, I just want to talk about Lonsome Dove as much as possible.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

aren't most of us here street skaters?

hurry, someone film me and call the cops every time i skate an illegal spot in public!
skateboarding is not a crime  ;) :D ;) 8) 8)

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2014, 01:18:07 AM »
I am not from america what type of power does a park ranger have ?

Park rangers are typically the equivalent of public park security guards. There may be some cities where they are sworn officers, but clearly not in this case. In fact, the City of Philadelphia does not have a job spec for a "Park Ranger". Since he doesn't have a badge or radio or any other equipment, he's probably not in security either--likely a grounds maintenance worker.

When the reporter describes the "ranger" taking a "defensive pose" when "trying to calm the skateboarders down," he squares up while the skateboarder has his left hand behind his hip and the other near his mouth. Unless, the city worker is backed up against a corner with nowhere to go and has clearly been assaulted, there is no justification for a civilian employee doing this (the exception would be if the perpetrator committed a felony--even then he would only be able to apprehend him).

tiltmode43

• Rep: 1
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »
Those kids are garbage.  I'm sure the worker didn't come out of nowhere grabbing at them.  He likely told them to leave, which began the altercation.  As the locals said it's all a game, they chase you out, you leave, you come back later.  Rinse, and repeat.

Fuck the head kicks, fuck spitting on him, fuck the kid pointing his finger, and fuck the dumbass filmer.

To keep things in perspective, imagine if this sort of thing happened every time a security guard or janitor kicked skaters out of a spot...
Quote from: Frank
busenitz skating so fast as if he was on the autobahn

shark tits

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 10:16:26 PM »
To keep things in perspective, imagine if this sort of thing happened every time a security guard or janitor kicked skaters out of a spot...
people would prolly think twice about kicking us out

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you might be on to something here....  If the trouble caused by kicking a skateboarder out of was more than the actual act of skating itself minus the 'damages' saved by kicking out the skaters it would make more sense to stop kicking skaters out.

math pals is this what the formula would look like?

KO= effort to kick out
D = Damages   

D+(KO-%D) > D

i guess you would need to account for an obvious increase in actual prevention but that's way over my head. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

you might be on to something here....  If the trouble caused by kicking a skateboarder out of was more than the actual act of skating itself minus the 'damages' saved by kicking out the skaters it would make more sense to stop kicking skaters out.

math pals is this what the formula would look like?

KO= effort to kick out
D = Damages   

D+(KO-%D) > D

i guess you would need to account for an obvious increase in actual prevention but that's way over my head. 

dude i used to skate with in my early teen years beat up a security guard that used to harass us at this one spot. we never got kicked out again.