Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 258928 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:37 PM »
I'm trying to remember what the original name was....altered or something like that....I remember a seth cheeks ad of a switch inward heel manny up the pier 7 pad. dude was killin it back then, heard he moved back to Mississippi.

Do you skate peace wall park much anymore?

You've got a great memory! Yes, Altered. As in Altered state of mind.  And Seth is the man, Im pretty sure he's in NY right now.

I skate peace wall sometimes, its pretty fun there :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:47:21 PM by ORGANIKARL »

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
Yeeee! I'm surprised I remembered that one, I just remember thinking Organika was definitely the better choice when I seen the name change and the graphics! Did any boards ever come out under that name? I can't remember seeing any.

Seth was the man, for sure. for anyone who's unfamiliar with him: 

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I remember going and buying those lakai's that he's wearing in the clip at the library of the nollie 180 heel over the gap cuz I was so hyped on him. So raw! I wish he would've stayed in the game longer, dude was killing it...maybe he still is, I'd love to see him reappear.

Peace wall is such a fun spot, a lil hairy at times but always a good heavy session going on. One of the big selling points of Berkeley for me!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
Yeeee! I'm surprised I remembered that one, I just remember thinking Organika was definitely the better choice when I seen the name change and the graphics! Did any boards ever come out under that name? I can't remember seeing any.

I remember going and buying those lakai's that he's wearing in the clip at the library of the nollie 180 heel over the gap cuz I was so hyped on him. So raw! I wish he would've stayed in the game longer, dude was killing it...maybe he still is, I'd love to see him reappear.

Peace wall is such a fun spot, a lil hairy at times but always a good heavy session going on. One of the big selling points of Berkeley for me!

His guest tricks in this is killer
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2011, 12:56:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

YES! Is that spot in Berkeley? This was the banger back in the day and still holds up today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxV58zweX_w&feature=player_embedded#at=29

that pete rock beat slaps! sorry for the deviation, back to the questions peeps ha I'ma go make a seth cheeks petition thread...
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2011, 01:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

YES! Is that spot in Berkeley? This was the banger back in the day and still holds up today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxV58zweX_w&feature=player_embedded#at=29

that pete rock beat slaps! sorry for the deviation, back to the questions peeps ha I'ma go make a seth cheeks petition thread...

I can never forget that beat, as it was in every ninja bearings commercial.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

BriDen

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is a howard grind?
[close]
Im not to sure.
[close]

isnt that the like feeble verions of a willy?

That would be a Losi grind

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Yo karl, im thinking about getting an organika "high times" deck as a board to hang on the wall and i was just wondering... is the graphic meant to be a big bud? or something else

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
Yo karl, im thinking about getting an organika "high times" deck as a board to hang on the wall and i was just wondering... is the graphic meant to be a big bud? or something else
Its pretty much a big bud. But we didn't want to make it too obvious. Im stoked you like that graphic! Thanks

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Its pretty much a big bud. But we didn't want to make it too obvious. Im stoked you like that graphic! Thanks

sweet, gonna get it on the weekend.

also, did u get my message?

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »
I remember seeing you skating the library one night with all the little groms.  All i gotta say is that shit made my day.  Thank you for keeping skateboarding fun.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
When are you givin' Alexis a board you big sillyhead

manu

• Rep: -100
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Dear Karl, have you ever tried marijuana?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
do you know what a donkey punch is?
[close]
Getting punched by a big ass?
negative.

sk8nigga

• Rep: 6
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
As I recipient of many of your spitballs back in the early nineties, I'll have to say I'm honored.  I think I'm a better man for it. I'm wondering why is it out of all the EMB rippers only you and Mike Carroll the only ones who never fell off?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
I'm wondering why is it out of all the EMB rippers only you and Mike Carroll the only ones who never fell off?

don't forget about chico...

sk8nigga

• Rep: 6
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »
...and chico

Roach maynE

• Rep: -11
    • dj fades hip hop spy avatar image
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »
hey man i might be off on this but i thought i read something about you having a brain tumor
is that true?
are you ok?

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »
what did adelmo do wit his dreadz?

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
Karl, I say this with the most respect possible. In the state that skateboarding is in now, is it hard for pros that arent Ryan Sheckler to make a living? Like, you are not favorited by a whole lot of new generation skaters who don't really skate and love watching Life of Ryan. Bassically, what I'm tryin to say is is it hard to make a living with skateboarding for a more underground-ish pro like you.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
I remember seeing you skating the library one night with all the little groms.  All i gotta say is that shit made my day.  Thank you for keeping skateboarding fun.
Thanks for taking note my man... I'll skate with anyone, no matter there age, race, gender, sexual preferences or geographical orientation. Next time we see each other please identify yourself as A Rolled Ankle, so I can put a face to the name ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
When are you givin' Alexis a board you big sillyhead
LOL!!! Gotta love that one :)... This "sillyhead" thinks Alexis is one of the best skaters of all time...  I hope it all works out like that, she's the raddest.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
Dear Karl, have you ever tried marijuana?
I'd be lying to you if I said I haven't :o
But its something I don't condone for young people.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »
As I recipient of many of your spitballs back in the early nineties, I'll have to say I'm honored.  I think I'm a better man for it. I'm wondering why is it out of all the EMB rippers only you and Mike Carroll the only ones who never fell off?
Too funny! Im glad you being the recipient of many of my spitballs has made you a better man....I was such a mischievous little dude, sorry that man :)

EMB/SF lives on through all skaters. It being a nebula of creativity and newness, brought us to this point. As far as me, Carroll and Chico being the only dudes who never fell off, thats a hell of a nice thing to say ;D but I never really looked at it that way. I guess if you say so, then thats what it is.

Thanks for the spitball memories

Peace out sk8ninja.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
hey man i might be off on this but i thought i read something about you having a brain tumor
is that true?
are you ok?
Yeah, you're right. I do have a brain tumor. Its right above my Pineal Gland.
Im ok though. I saw some big shot surgeon guy who was bragging about how many brain surgeries he does a year. The guy thought he was the ish. Well, he suggested that he remove the tumor and my Pineal Gland, claiming the Pineal Gland to be a dormant body part like the tail bone.
I've read about the Pineal Gland and it is actually very important for a number of reasons. So after they said they're going to take it out I was pretty turned off by that. Luckily its benign, so all I have to do is monitor it for now.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
what did adelmo do wit his dreadz?
[/quote/] He couldn't really do much with them due to the circumstances. I miss those dreads :(

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
Karl, I say this with the most respect possible. In the state that skateboarding is in now, is it hard for pros that arent Ryan Sheckler to make a living? Like, you are not favorited by a whole lot of new generation skaters who don't really skate and love watching Life of Ryan. Bassically, what I'm tryin to say is is it hard to make a living with skateboarding for a more underground-ish pro like you.
Good question!
Honestly, Its all about who backs you. If you ride for someone with integrity and you do your work, its a good situation. Some dudes have it pretty hard but I've never really had it too bad. Im just thankful to my sponsors for such a long run. I mean, dang, I've been pro for half my life; 17 years now. Im just stoked to still be doing what im doing.

Roach maynE

• Rep: -11
    • dj fades hip hop spy avatar image
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »
thats a relief man
my aunt had a brain tumor and shes ok
keep on truckin

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
How stoked were you when Wade Spyer said that your trick on Hubba was his favorite done at that spot?

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
Karl, please tell the story of Matt Ray from Baltimore!!!!!!!, I thought he was gonna be am for organika but I heard he screwed things up. What happened?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »
hey karl whats it like inside the berrics i heard the soda machines are free?