Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259070 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1380 on: October 23, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
idk if its been asked yet, but what happened with zach lyons and organika? how come he dipped out?
[close]
Zach quit because he felt disrespected when we were talking about turning Walker pro before him. Zach is the man! I wish he would have stuck around. I love the dude : )

Dang....I had no idea that was the case. Pretty odd considering both had premiere parts together. I am sure if he stayed on, he could have turned pro soon after.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

BuddyBaker14

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1381 on: October 23, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
I've always appreciated your style, Karl.  A unique bag of tricks and a big smile.  Your footage continues to get me stoked.  Thanks for keeping things rad...Keep pushing!

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #1382 on: October 23, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
idk if its been asked yet, but what happened with zach lyons and organika? how come he dipped out?
[close]
Zach quit because he felt disrespected when we were talking about turning Walker pro before him. Zach is the man! I wish he would have stuck around. I love the dude : )

Zach's mean- I was out in the city in front of a bar where he asked to use my lighter and after i lent it to him i asked to see his board and he said no. asshole
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1383 on: October 23, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »
how is that mean? i dont like other people riding my board
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1384 on: October 23, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
Can I get a package or wtf homie

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
how is that mean? i dont like other people riding my board

well if i hadn't let him use my lighter i wouldn't have thought anything of it..but since he asked me to use my lighter  i'd figure it wouldn't be such a big deal

[

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1386 on: October 24, 2013, 11:50:21 PM »
Did you really skate the quarter pipe in front of Brad Staba's house ???

ZEBRA

« Reply #1387 on: October 25, 2013, 10:27:22 PM »
Hey, what's up with Adelmo Jr.?? My homie is riding his board right now and I had totally forgot about him until I saw it. Haven't seen anything from him or heard anything about him in a long time it seems like.

He cut his dreads and that was it, huh?? His dreads is what gave him his talent!!! Haha

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #1388 on: October 25, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »
Hey, what's up with Adelmo Jr.?? My homie is riding his board right now and I had totally forgot about him until I saw it. Haven't seen anything from him or heard anything about him in a long time it seems like.

He cut his dreads and that was it, huh?? His dreads is what gave him his talent!!! Haha

He wasn't the one who cut them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1389 on: October 26, 2013, 12:34:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He has a skateshop in Brazil, maybe he's busy with that?

http://www.origskateshop.com/
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1390 on: October 26, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »
Ten years ago I saw you in an Ethiopian restaurant in SF, weird I would remember that, right?  Anyway; no one ever backs me on this, but how good is Ethiopian food?!  It's the secret to your skate style isn't it?
I love Ethiopian food. I work with 5 women from Ethiopia and once they found out I liked their food they would regularly bring in lunch for me cooked that morning or the night before. They also have this thing about feeding others where they would occasionally feed you by hand, little weird but who am I to argue.

lyserg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1391 on: October 26, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
Wow that adelmo story is really sad man, they had no right to do that shit. I could understand if you were convicted and got sentenced to a term in prison but for a stay of a few hours while your transferring thats bullshit. At least he keeps that good frame on mind through all of it. Keep your head up adelmo

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1392 on: October 26, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
Hey Karl,

WHY DID THEY DO IT?

HOW DO WE STOP THEM?

How do you make nose slide pretzel whips look so damn'd easy....

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1393 on: October 26, 2013, 11:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, that's pretty fucked. I'm glad he took it so well, it's a testement to his character. In the 70's my old man was a foreign diplomat in Malaysia who has super heavy drug laws, he was in the airport and had 70's disco hair like big jerri curls, the airport police wanted to cut it off because they though he was smuggling drugs in it but legally they couldn't stop him because of diplomatic immunity but they still wanted too so he ends up in a fight with 2 police and thrown in a cell until a judge confirmed they couldn't touch him. His is a funny story but Adelmo Jr's is a matter of religious importance.

ZEBRA

« Reply #1394 on: October 26, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He has a skateshop in Brazil, maybe he's busy with that?

http://www.origskateshop.com/

Wow, that sucks. Such bullshit.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1395 on: October 26, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Adelmo Jr also rides for Freeday Footwear- a Brazilian skate shoe company. I follow him on instagram - seems like he is living in Brazil

[

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1396 on: October 28, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »
Hey Karl,

WHY DID THEY DO IT?

HOW DO WE STOP THEM?

How do you make nose slide pretzel whips look so damn'd easy....
All in the shoulders  ;D

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1397 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »
I love you karl

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1398 on: October 28, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Karl - Total gear nerd question regarding Organika boards...

Been riding the Quim Tapestry 8.25 which I'm completely stoked on but the tail feels a little short for me. It is under 6.5. I want to switch to your board (8.1) in the Sacred Logo series and was curious if the tail was longer.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1399 on: October 30, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
I love you karl
Thanks, my chilledout brotha  ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1400 on: October 30, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »

Been riding the Quim Tapestry 8.25 which I'm completely stoked on but the tail feels a little short for me. It is under 6.5. I want to switch to your board (8.1) in the Sacred Logo series and was curious if the tail was longer.
That is a good question. I'll find out today and private message you the answer. Thank you for the support!

peewee

« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »
i think Kayo 8.25 boards just have longer noses and small tails. I had a Pepper board that had a long nose and a short tail. Kayo 8.1 boards have a better shape for sure!

Hi Karl!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
i think Kayo 8.25 boards just have longer noses and small tails. I had a Pepper board that had a long nose and a short tail. Kayo 8.1 boards have a better shape for sure!

Hi Karl!
Hi!! That sounds about right, sir.  8.1 is what I ride. So you guys think we need to make the tails longer?

peewee

« Reply #1403 on: October 30, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote

Hi Karl!
[close]
Hi!! That sounds about right, sir.  8.1 is what I ride. So you guys think we need to make the tails longer?

yes please! longer tails for the 8.25 shape  ;D

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1404 on: October 30, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That is a good question. I'll find out today and private message you the answer. Thank you for the support!

Thank you Karl. I really appreciate that! I hate sounding like 'that guy', I was just curious bc the tail on my Quim seemed so short for an 8.25 board. If the tails were a little bit longer I would most likely ride Organika boards exclusively, and that's the truth. Huge fan of your company's aesthetic. Everything looks amazing, both the soft goods and hard goods.

EDIT: And since my last post I did order your board in the Sacred Logo series. The 8.1 shape. Looking forward to setting that up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:52:37 AM by heritage »

era

« Reply #1405 on: October 30, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote

Hi Karl!
[close]

Big fuckin noses and slightly smaller (still big comparitively) pointy tails. 

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1406 on: October 30, 2013, 01:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote

Hi Karl!
[close]
I like a longer tails, almost 2 noses but not quite.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #1407 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »

Looks like an Organika board in this, you guys flowing Hoffart?
damn those yarys bout those squats

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #1408 on: October 30, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Looks like an Organika board in this, you guys flowing Hoffart?
came here to ask this
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

tech pwc

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1409 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »
Hey Karl
Why doesn't Matt Rod ride for you?