Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 192302 times)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1680 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »
I feel like Karl is one of those pro skaters that seems like an awesome person in interviews and videos but then you meet them in person and they're even nicer and more down to earth than you expected.

That was my experience. In the heyday of Pier 7 my dirty friends and I went to SF to skate. We ended up at the pier and Karl came by and bummed a lighter from us and asked us where we were from. We told him Visalia and he started a conversation about Tom Knox. That welcoming gesture always stuck with me. He was always one of the coolest visitors at skate camp too. Thanks Karl. 
I love you!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1681 on: August 19, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
Any recent Josh Anderson footage? He's the man
He has some really cool stuff in this tour vid.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1682 on: August 19, 2014, 10:09:39 PM »
I feel like Karl is one of those pro skaters that seems like an awesome person in interviews and videos but then you meet them in person and they're even nicer and more down to earth than you expected.

That was my experience. In the heyday of Pier 7 my dirty friends and I went to SF to skate. We ended up at the pier and Karl came by and bummed a lighter from us and asked us where we were from. We told him Visalia and he started a conversation about Tom Knox. That welcoming gesture always stuck with me. He was always one of the coolest visitors at skate camp too. Thanks Karl. 

similar experience here. we were at 3rd and army in 2005 from north carolina and karl walked up to us and talked for a bit making sure we felt welcome. he even offered us a smoke sesh in his car. very friendly and very much appreciated, especially as 19 year olds exploring SF by ourselves.
Thats whats up, man! I always want skaters to feel welcome when then come to spots. Too many vibers out there.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1683 on: August 19, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
Put matt Rod on already!
THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Or save Kenny Reed from Creation or Matt Field from complete irrelevance.

I'm not even asking for a full board range, just like one or two a season.
My son took this rad photo of Matt the other day. He's killing it right now. Part coming soon.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1684 on: August 19, 2014, 10:12:45 PM »
Karl - did you ever roll anyone at EMB?
Yes. For years and years : )

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1685 on: August 19, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Karl, how much ass did you crush during the EMB days? did mike york crush a lot of ass?
Didn't get much back in those days. Aside from the occasional loose girls that would share themselves with all of us, Mike and I were still young teens who bated a lot.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1686 on: August 19, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »
Hi Karl,

do you have any eta on when Eli will get a new board out? Need something 8.25 and over...

loved his deck graphic, but im to old and crap to skate 8'  ;)
Getting to this late but his board is out now. Not in your size though. 8.25 is the best!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1687 on: August 19, 2014, 10:17:16 PM »
Big up ta ya Karl, dwen I an I gwan git irie and burn a da collie bush?
SIIZZZLLLAAA!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1688 on: August 19, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »
Greetings Karl. On the serious tip. Favorite rasta skater? Thanks for the years of inspiration !!!
Adelmo JR. is my all time fave! The bros from Ethiopia skate are amazing too! And Quim of course

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1689 on: August 19, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
Do you use a word finder app in Words with Friends because you are kicking my fuckin ass

Me: 131
organikarl: 254

"Otic" is what made me wonder I had to look that shit up.
HAHA! No way! I just love playing scrabble and have picked up a lot of words over the years. Lets keep the games going.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1690 on: August 20, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »
HAHA! No way! I just love playing scrabble and have picked up a lot of words over the years. Lets keep the games going.

Ahh that's good to hear.  I didn't wanna find out you had been cheating this whole time.  If I get some vowels imma turn the tables on you Karl.   8)

example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1691 on: August 20, 2014, 06:52:46 AM »

I had not seen this video, thanks.  Although it's not obvious, you're clearly wearing Adidas in that.  So, how about you tell us what you were working on after you left Praxis?  Sorry if it fell through, any reasons?  I fully support you being on Adidas if that happens.

IanBZHD

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1692 on: August 20, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »

I had not seen this video, thanks.  Although it's not obvious, you're clearly wearing Adidas in that.  So, how about you tell us what you were working on after you left Praxis?  Sorry if it fell through, any reasons?  I fully support you being on Adidas if that happens.

If I could add to this question about shoes: When will I get to skate another Panther-esque shoe with your name on it?

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #1693 on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »
Put matt Rod on already!
THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Or save Kenny Reed from Creation or Matt Field from complete irrelevance.

My son took this rad photo of Matt the other day. He's killing it right now. Part coming soon.
Better be an intro part.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #1694 on: August 20, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »
Put matt Rod on already!

Better be an intro part.

One can only hope. or a Rasa Libre revival part. Either way, Matt Field is one of the most under-appreciated skateboarders ever and it will be really rad to see some new footage from him.

tura

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1695 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »
Explain the DMT experience in your own words.
What is your opinion on the spiritual validity of the drug? Is it something sacred for you or just fun times in hyperspace?

Sizzla

• Rep: -46
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #1696 on: August 21, 2014, 06:13:11 AM »
Karl, dwan how ya gwan not reply tah a real rasta mon? Is it because I an I said da I-Path team was a bunch a babylon? I an I gots de collie ya nah bredda da real good sinsemilla!
I an I haff nah white god