Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 258885 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »
who is your all time favorite skater? Who is the worst skater as far as representing skating? what is your secret to your chill ass style?
My all time favorite has to be Ray Barbee or Tommy Guerrero.
I dont want to call anybody out but the worst skaters as far as representing skating has to be someone makes beginners feel bad about not being good  yet.
My secret to a "chill ass style" is to only put the makes in my video parts. If you saw the process to me landing a trick you might think otherwise ;D
Thanks dankradschwag

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
Karl, if you come to chicago, will you skate with me?
Heck yeah! You should come skate SF.

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
whats the crazyest thing youve seen go down on fillmore?

i once seen a tranny kick the juice out of a man..  near that chemist where there was a bar also.

(ps. im from australia so id never seen anything like that before)

1dxxxx

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »
How does it feel to see dgk getting so big so fast?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
How does it feel to see dgk getting so big so fast?
Dude, its truly amazing... Stevie had a vision that he manifested into reality. He's one of the most magical human beings I have ever met. Also, his story is powerful and he deserves every bit of notoriety he gets. DGK ALL DAY

dudestbro

• Rep: 1
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 12:42:25 AM »
I remember visiting SF around 2000 and I went to 3rd and Army. There was about 15-20 people spread out along the whole strip. Rodrigo Tx, Javier Sarmiento, some other pros and other regular skaters were rolling around and just chilling. I'll never forget when you rolled up and you personally said "What's up?" to every single person there, including me. I think you were meeting up with Tx or something cough...weed...cough but you left after like 10 minutes and said "Peace" to every one on the way out! That was sick! I appreciated the good vibes and that attitude is inspiring. I wish I could be so happy and positive like you, but I'm a bitter, jaded asshole. I'll work on it some more!

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »
Karl droping posi hammers on the slap pals.

I remember visiting SF around 2000 and I went to 3rd and Army. There was about 15-20 people spread out along the whole strip. Rodrigo Tx, Javier Sarmiento, some other pros and other regular skaters were rolling around and just chilling. I'll never forget when you rolled up and you personally said "What's up?" to every single person there, including me. I think you were meeting up with Tx or something cough...weed...cough but you left after like 10 minutes and said "Peace" to every one on the way out! That was sick! I appreciated the good vibes and that attitude is inspiring. I wish I could be so happy and positive like you, but I'm a bitter, jaded asshole. I'll work on it some more!

I remember the first time I went to pier7 It was about 11 years ago. I was a little 16 year old hesher kid just kind of lurking out, in awe of the famous spot. Karl, I remember when you rolled up you said what's up to everybody at the pier, including me. First time I'd met a pro at a street spot, and I was super stoked. So thanks for the positive vibes.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

G.Lewis

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2011, 01:33:38 AM »
Hey, Karl.  You're rad. 

3 questions:

1.  Did you come up with the concept for your IPath Panther? I had a couple pairs of those.  People kind of tripped on them, but they were great skate shoes.  Comfy.

2.  Still have the Prius?  I can't seem to average greater than 36mpg freeway/city.  Exceptional vehicle, either way.

3.  Will there ever be an 8.5 Organika?

Thanks.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
do you say '270 out' or 'pretzel out'?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »
what is your most fun trick to do? not your favourite trick but the one that you find most satisfying to do just for fun

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Haha. Hell yeah, man. That sounds like something crazy I would do. I don't know, man. I have this thing about me where I feel a bit more connected to skaters than your average human. I guess im just bias towards skaters  ;D
Anyway, cool story. Thanks for sharing.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I remember the first time I went to pier7 It was about 11 years ago. I was a little 16 year old hesher kid just kind of lurking out, in awe of the famous spot. Karl, I remember when you rolled up you said what's up to everybody at the pier, including me. First time I'd met a pro at a street spot, and I was super stoked. So thanks for the positive vibes.
[close]
Wow! Just realize that those are two separate quotes. Good vibes for sure ;D Gotta love the Slap Pals.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
Hey, Karl.  You're rad. 

3 questions:

1.  Did you come up with the concept for your IPath Panther? I had a couple pairs of those.  People kind of tripped on them, but they were great skate shoes.  Comfy.

2.  Still have the Prius?  I can't seem to average greater than 36mpg freeway/city.  Exceptional vehicle, either way.

Thanks.
Thanks Mr. Lewis ;D Ok, here we go:

-I did come up with the concept for the Panther. I wanted to make a shoe that lasted so folks didn't have to buy a new pair of shoes once a month. Of course it was a bite off the Wallabee Clarks but I thought it would work good for skating.

-Yes, I still do have the Prius. Over 100,000 miles and still kickin butt.

-8.5 Organikas coming soon ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 08:57:14 AM »
do you say '270 out' or 'pretzel out'?
I say 270 out. But I like when people say pretzel because Koston coined that phrase.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »
what is your most fun trick to do? not your favourite trick but the one that you find most satisfying to do just for fun
Good question! 
I love skating red curbs, so slappies have to be the funnest.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks.
[close]
Thanks Mr. Lewis ;D Ok, here we go:

-8.5 Organikas coming soon ;D

austria is in desperate need of 8+ organika/expedition boards, sick to hear.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
only a man like carl would be fine with someone else creating an unofficial "ask karl" thread... and then answering every question :p

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »
biggest set of stairs you've ever ollied?

Inbred Jed

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I actually saw Karl at the Berkeley Park years ago. When I was waking in he said "What's up" or something as if I knew him.

dankradschwag

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
whatever happened to tony cox? he had some of the best tweakage ever.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »
biggest set of stairs you've ever ollied?
12 stair, back in the day.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »
whatever happened to tony cox? he had some of the best tweakage ever.
Good question, I have no idea what happened to Tony. Im sure he's doing something creative though.

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »
Finally a sick and interesting thread in useless wooden toy banter .
Karls answers are also rad.
so here goes another one.

Did you feel a lot pressure filming for the Lrg part, it came out really sick i really liked it , was it hard to film that part for you Karl?
i think i was,anyways

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
Karl, isn't it the case that prezel whips are only when spinning 270 out the opposite way you spun to get into said maneuver?

P.S. thank you for your time and dedication to the art (and imo the best trick on hubba ever)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
What is a howard grind?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »
Karl, quick nerd question.

Do you ride stock Organika boards? 

Or do you have a custom shape or anything?

Size? 

Thanks for answering everybody's questions, it's awfully nice of you to take the time.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Inbred Jed

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
We are all aware that your neighbors, who happen to be anthropomorphic fast food times, often get you into wacky situations, but at the same time do you feel your life is at all enriched by living adjacent to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

LDJ

• Rep: 7
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »
Props on using P.i.L in yout LRG part.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
hi KARL

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
so what made you decide to call it organika? did you have other names in mind or was that one floating in your head for a while?