Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 258856 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1290 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »
How long does it take to carpet a deck?

Not long at all. I've only had 4 at the most to work on at one time, but I could easily do 10 at a time (which I'm guessing might take an hour or two total). if I was doing a different pattern on each one, it could take a little longer.
So given that I have all the supplies, a workspace, and ventilation, I could knock out a hundo over a really productive weekend maybe?
I'll try to include a little write-up of the process and some ideas or whatever with the board, so maybe you can get a sense of how I think it could work.
@idealhandmades

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1291 on: February 24, 2012, 12:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
How long does it take to carpet a deck?
[close]

Not long at all. I've only had 4 at the most to work on at one time, but I could easily do 10 at a time (which I'm guessing might take an hour or two total). if I was doing a different pattern on each one, it could take a little longer.
So given that I have all the supplies, a workspace, and ventilation, I could knock out a hundo over a really productive weekend maybe?
I'll try to include a little write-up of the process and some ideas or whatever with the board, so maybe you can get a sense of how I think it could work.
Its on!! We'll run a hundred. We'll make the boards, send them to you and you can work your magic and just send them back.  Going to Hawaii for a little vacay tomorrow  ;D But when I get back I'll call you and we'll work out what it will take to make this happen

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1292 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
Thanks for being down to do this, sweatercuff. This is going to be a fun project!

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1293 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:23 AM »
seems like a lot of money to spend on shipping, and I have no idea how much the supplies are gonna run for a project of this magnitude.
Looks like I'm gonna have some math to do the next few days.
Short of those two obstacles, I see no reason why this can't happen.

Hope you have fun in Hawaii dude!
Oh yeah, and I'm useless over the phone by the way. I never retain any info that way, and I also never know what to say untill 5 minutes after I've hung up. I'm good face to face, or the written word though (I'll txt you my e-mail tomorrow).

and also, I am not opposed to making the trek out to Cali for a little vacay of my own, if that would make more financial/logisitical sense for this.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:49:32 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1294 on: March 02, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »
so whens the organika video coming out or are you guys just gonna keep doing short one off parts? if there is a video in the works is it on some teamwork deal with DGK and exp-1 or a standalone project?

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #1295 on: March 02, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
Karl how did you do Inward Heelflips in Ipath cats?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1296 on: March 03, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »
so whens the organika video coming out or are you guys just gonna keep doing short one off parts? if there is a video in the works is it on some teamwork deal with DGK and exp-1 or a standalone project?
Yeah, DGK is doing a standalone project and Organika has to get some other things worked out first before we start thinking of a team vid.
Cant wait for the DGK video though, Stevie will have a great part!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1297 on: March 03, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
Karl how did you do Inward Heelflips in Ipath cats?
For that trick the cats didn't effect me. But for certain kickflip tricks it took some time to get used to them. They were the best for tre flips though.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1298 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »
Just saw these.  Not too shabby.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1299 on: March 09, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
hey karl, me and a couple friends are drivin up to SF on wednesday, if you're going to be in town, would you want to skate third & army on thursday or friday?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1300 on: March 10, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
Just saw these.?  Not too shabby.

What are they? For some reason the image didn't appear. Thanks though ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1301 on: March 10, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
hey karl, me and a couple friends are drivin up to SF on wednesday, if you're going to be in town, would you want to skate third & army on thursday or friday?
Im using some janky computer at an internet cafe (house got robbed last night and computers got stolen) and I just sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through or not. If not, let me know. Peace

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1302 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
Hey Karl! Any chance you might find yourself in Chicago any time soon?

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1303 on: March 10, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Im using some janky computer at an internet cafe (house got robbed last night and computers got stolen) and I just sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through or not. If not, let me know. Peace

sorry to hear that Karl. It happened to my household this past halloween in W.Oakland.. Your Family/household doing alright?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

foureyedjim

« Reply #1304 on: March 10, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
So about that LRG ad i keep seeing on the berrics...I always thought it was pretty funny how the height difference between you and chico changed dramatically.  But either way it was a nice ad. 

I wonder what it would be like to see you guys filming for that ad when you and chico are both wearing the same gear as your kids.  I'd assume it'd be weird because you guys actually resemble your kids quite a lot haha.  Do they skate together too? 

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1305 on: March 11, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How about now?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

wayside11

• Rep: -47
« Reply #1306 on: March 11, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »
how much weed do you smoke

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #1307 on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
Just saw Franck Boistel is designing for Praxis, stoked to see what's coming. Dude came up with some of my favorite Sole Tech designs- Creagers, Marc Johnson 1, Koston 2, etc.

Wonder how these Creager 2's would have looked in real life.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:42:19 PM by Bruh Man »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1308 on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
Hey Karl! Any chance you might find yourself in Chicago any time soon?
Not anytime soon but Chicago is awesome!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1309 on: March 12, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sorry to hear that Karl. It happened to my household this past halloween in W.Oakland.. Your Family/household doing alright?
Yeah, it sucked so much and at the time it felt like my whole world was crashing down on me. We're all good now though ;)Thanks for askin!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1310 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
So about that LRG ad i keep seeing on the berrics...I always thought it was pretty funny how the height difference between you and chico changed dramatically.  But either way it was a nice ad. 

I wonder what it would be like to see you guys filming for that ad when you and chico are both wearing the same gear as your kids.  I'd assume it'd be weird because you guys actually resemble your kids quite a lot haha.  Do they skate together too? 
Those dudes did a great job on that commercial. I was so stoked to see our sons in that way. But they dont actually skate together because they live down south.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1311 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
How about now?
Thank you, sir!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1312 on: March 12, 2012, 08:45:41 AM »
how much weed do you smoke
Just enough  ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1313 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
Just saw Franck Boistel is designing for Praxis, stoked to see what's coming. Dude came up with some of my favorite Sole Tech designs- Creagers, Marc Johnson 1, Koston 2, etc.

Whats up Bruh Man!

Yeah, im stoked he is the designer too. I see you're doing your homework. It seems like you guys have the ability to find anything out skate related.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1314 on: March 12, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Whats up Bruh Man!

Yeah, im stoked he is the designer too. I see you're doing your homework. It seems like you guys have the ability to find anything out skate related.
Slap is the vatican archive of skateboarding.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #1315 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Karl, was this your first ad in a mag? The board shape is making me think 1992...

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1316 on: March 13, 2012, 04:17:28 AM »
Hey Karl are you skating a lot with your son?

My son has began to skate 2 years ago and i have restartet with him (after 10 years) and i?m enjoying to go skate with him any time we can.

Greetz

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1317 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Karl, was this your first ad in a mag? The board shape is making me think 1992...

Well this is my second ad but this is my first full page color ad. And you're right on the money with the year. 1992 it was. Damn im getting old LOL

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1318 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

My son has began to skate 2 years ago and i have restartet with him (after 10 years) and i?m enjoying to go skate with him any time we can.

Greetz
Yes! It is the best feeling to go thrash with your son!  My oldest was really into it for a bit but finds school activities more interesting and challenging. I dont push it on him but deep down inside I'd like him to take it more seriously.

Thats cool you started back up, too. I bet your son loves it!

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1319 on: March 14, 2012, 03:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Greetz
[close]
Yes! It is the best feeling to go thrash with your son!  My oldest was really into it for a bit but finds school activities more interesting and challenging. I dont push it on him but deep down inside I'd like him to take it more seriously.

Thats cool you started back up, too. I bet your son loves it!

He loves it, i too, and he takes it very seriously.

We were at our local skathall yesterday and he has learned bigflip to fakie at a pyrahip, and after that he was trying a switch boardslide on a curb and has broken his arm.....shit happens....

Greetz
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:10:02 AM by jack2jack »