Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 258948 times)

kahn souphanousinphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1620 on: March 08, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl, big fan ;D hah.. Have you ever met the Illusion? :o
[close]
The illusion of our existence, yes  ;)
Sweet! have a good weekend man

micky682

« Reply #1621 on: March 08, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
Karl, awesome job getting Josh Matthews. He's definitely underrated, a complete ledge killer and the king of the switch feeble (sorry Tom Asta).

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #1622 on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
Any update on Matt Rod x Organika?

I am curious about this as well.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1623 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »
hey karl what happend with those fabo les x slap x organika shirts? coulda had a big seller with that, any chance of it still happening?
Im not sure, man. For a minute there my homie Robert at LRG and I were interested in turning Fabo Les into an actual company. Thats how stoked we are on Fabo. But as for the 3 way colab, thats out of the question for now.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1624 on: March 12, 2014, 08:26:53 AM »
Any update on Matt Rod x Organika?
Nah. He seems to be stoked where he's at. But we've got our eyes set on a couple of dudes  ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1625 on: March 12, 2014, 08:28:05 AM »
karl the correct answer to your favorite nfl team is the cincinnati bengals
who ddey
49ers BABY!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1626 on: March 12, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »
Karl, awesome job getting Josh Matthews. He's definitely underrated, a complete ledge killer and the king of the switch feeble (sorry Tom Asta).
Thanks man! I've always been a fan of Mr. Matthews.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1627 on: March 12, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »
First Post  ;D

Karl, I still have my pair of the I-Path P1, loved the 3rd version and almost got a hold of the P2's when I was in Japan, still wish I could have tried them.  Anyhow's here my Question.  I know you and Nyjah have been homies since he was a little skate grommit, how did you feel when he cut off his locks, same with Pailes.  Do you think since people see them as a trendy hair style that having them nowadays has almost any value in meaning?

-Peace
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:17:51 AM by Abyss1 »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1628 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:20 AM »
First Post  ;D

Karl, I still have my pair of the I-Path P1, loved the 3rd version and almost got a hold of the P2's when I was in Japan, still wish I could have tried them.  Anyhow's here my Question.  I know you and Nyjah have been homies since he was a little skate grommit, how did you feel when he cut off his locks, same with Pailes.  Do you think since people see them as a trendy hair style that having them nowadays has almost any value in meaning?

-Peace
Hey hey  :o Stoked to be a part of your first post!

I myself liked the P1's better than the P2's, so you didn't miss out : )

When Nyjah cut off his locks I was shocked but I felt it coming. That was a very symbolic move to separate himself from the few negative characteristics his father possessed. I was more shocked when Pailes cut his off though.

You're right though!  Wearing locks seems to not carry the same responsibility anymore. When I first started growing some when I was 19 I got tested a lot and was told not to cut them off before the 11 year mark.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1629 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
First Post  ;D

-Peace
[close]

When Nyjah cut off his locks I was shocked but I felt it coming. That was a very symbolic move to separate himself from the few negative characteristics his father possessed. I was more shocked when Pailes cut his off though.

You're right though!  Wearing locks seems to not carry the same responsibility anymore. When I first started growing some when I was 19 I got tested a lot and was told not to cut them off before the 11 year mark.
Can you explain why 11 years is significant?

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1630 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First Post  ;D

-Peace
[close]

[close]
Can you explain why 11 years is significant?

master numbers son. cosmic math.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1631 on: April 23, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
Hi Karl,

really psyched on Josh getting on Organika. Felt he was wasted on Think, good job  :)

Will Organika drop more clothes for summer? If so, when can we expect them?  :)

Thanks,

ALZ

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1632 on: April 23, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »
Hey Karl first off I want to say congrats on Josh Matthews and Eli Reed. Both those dudes kill it and they are a great edition to the team. I heard a while ago you were trying to get one more dude. Who was it, if not wanna throw some hints my way, I'm pretty curious as to who it was/is.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1633 on: April 24, 2014, 01:08:58 AM »
Hi Karl,

really psyched on Josh getting on Organika. Felt he was wasted on Think, good job  :)

Will Organika drop more clothes for summer? If so, when can we expect them?  :)

Thanks,

ALZ
Josh is the sickest! One of my favorite skaters for sure. Very happy to have him on Organika ;D Much respect to Think for what they've done and to the hard working dudes behind Think and Lowcard.

Man, I wish I could show you some of the new stuff! Things are looking good. We're always releasing new product at our flagship store in LA and also on our site.

Thanks for the love!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1634 on: April 24, 2014, 01:15:43 AM »
Hey Karl first off I want to say congrats on Josh Matthews and Eli Reed. Both those dudes kill it and they are a great edition to the team. I heard a while ago you were trying to get one more dude. Who was it, if not wanna throw some hints my way, I'm pretty curious as to who it was/is.
Yeah they do! I really happy they're on the team! Will most definitely have separate welcome edits and amazing first graphics : )
About the third? haha? the only clue I can give you is if I said his name i'd piss off a fellow SLAP poster. Not saying any names but I do hope I get him in the future. Matter of fact, spoke to him this evening.

Have a good night and thank you for deciding to pick up a skateboards. Best decision i've ever made.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1635 on: April 24, 2014, 01:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah they do! I really happy they're on the team! Will most definitely have separate welcome edits and amazing first graphics : )
About the third? haha? the only clue I can give you is if I said his name i'd piss off a fellow SLAP poster. Not saying any names but I do hope I get him in the future. Matter of fact, spoke to him this evening.

Have a good night and thank you for deciding to pick up a skateboards. Best decision i've ever made.

Oh man, I wish its Tom Asta and the fellow poster is the one and only ISUCK. I know that would be a bitchass move, but that would be hilarious.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1636 on: April 24, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
Karl - is Josh Anderson still riding for you and if so, will we be seeing more from him? Every time I see him skate I get psyched to go ride. He is such an underrated dude with a creative bag of tricks (the wallie late shoves are so good) and a natural style, smooth and effortless. I still keep his Welcome to Organika and TWS parts on repeat.

Keep up the great work Karl. You know I'm always hyped on the direction.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1637 on: April 24, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Karl - is Josh Anderson still riding for you and if so, will we be seeing more from him? Every time I see him skate I get psyched to go ride. He is such an underrated dude with a creative bag of tricks (the wallie late shoves are so good) and a natural style, smooth and effortless. I still keep his Welcome to Organika and TWS parts on repeat.

what tws part? u mean mike anderson? i'm a big josh anderson fan but i dont think he has recovered from his last injury very well, he seems to have lost the quickness/lightness that he had before. hoping he comes back properly

also i dont get why fabo is out the question. it'd sell like crazy in the current market. or at least hire the guy who did the graphics or something.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1638 on: April 24, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Karl rank these animals from 1 to 5

Sea Turtle
Komodo Dragon
American Eagle
Cheetah
Hippo

O and are you going to Burning Man this year?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #1639 on: April 24, 2014, 03:36:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
what tws part? u mean mike anderson? i'm a big josh anderson fan but i dont think he has recovered from his last injury very well, he seems to have lost the quickness/lightness that he had before. hoping he comes back properly

also i dont get why fabo is out the question. it'd sell like crazy in the current market. or at least hire the guy who did the graphics or something.

Ice - this is the Josh TWS Part - it's a few years old...more of an edit than a part I guess. And I didn't know he got hurt. That's a bummer to hear. Hoping for a full recovery. Such an underrated cat:

And here's his Welcome to Organika part bc it's so good:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:44:47 PM by heritage »

weepee

« Reply #1640 on: May 05, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
hey Karl, can you tell the guys at Kayo to change the shape of the 8.25?? It's such a weird shape with a long kinda flat nose and a short tail. Why can't they just make it a wider version of the 8.1 shape?

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #1641 on: May 05, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
hey karl, long time fan and one hell of a shit ass poster. please answer my questions:

1) did you grow dreadlocks just to look like chief keef
2) where would you expect your clips to land up in the youtube gangsta vs punk skater videos (youre actually in one, ill tell you if your guess is right)
3) ever think of trying to get biebel back? he used to rep it hard.
4) what would you say to your kids if they wanted to join the military? i picture you being like furious styles and telling them theres no place for them in the white mans army.
5) how did you do in school?
6) are you a rasta, or have you ever owned a glow in the dark weed poster or hackey sack.
7) was the ipath cats the best shoe ever?
8) favorite trucks of all time? venture featherlites??
9) how do you stop them before they get you?
10) favorite drug other than weed.

have fun, i should ask you questions more often. i deleted some while i was typing because they were a little fucked up and i feel bad being an asshole to someone as publicly nice as you (i think its just a front and youre good at public relations) jk lol'z ilu 143
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1642 on: May 05, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »
Danny Fuenz/Adrian Williams on Organika please Karl.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #1643 on: May 07, 2014, 02:19:35 AM »
karl i smoked a gravity bong in my dorm for you
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

micky682

« Reply #1644 on: May 07, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
I feel like Karl is one of those pro skaters that seems like an awesome person in interviews and videos but then you meet them in person and they're even nicer and more down to earth than you expected.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #1645 on: May 07, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
I feel like Karl is one of those pro skaters that seems like an awesome person in interviews and videos but then you meet them in person and they're even nicer and more down to earth than you expected.

That was my experience. In the heyday of Pier 7 my dirty friends and I went to SF to skate. We ended up at the pier and Karl came by and bummed a lighter from us and asked us where we were from. We told him Visalia and he started a conversation about Tom Knox. That welcoming gesture always stuck with me. He was always one of the coolest visitors at skate camp too. Thanks Karl. 

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #1646 on: June 22, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
Any recent Josh Anderson footage? He's the man

tech pwc

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1647 on: June 22, 2014, 11:07:01 PM »
Put matt Rod on already!

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1648 on: June 23, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was my experience. In the heyday of Pier 7 my dirty friends and I went to SF to skate. We ended up at the pier and Karl came by and bummed a lighter from us and asked us where we were from. We told him Visalia and he started a conversation about Tom Knox. That welcoming gesture always stuck with me. He was always one of the coolest visitors at skate camp too. Thanks Karl. 

similar experience here. we were at 3rd and army in 2005 from north carolina and karl walked up to us and talked for a bit making sure we felt welcome. he even offered us a smoke sesh in his car. very friendly and very much appreciated, especially as 19 year olds exploring SF by ourselves.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1649 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »
Put matt Rod on already!
THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Or save Kenny Reed from Creation or Matt Field from complete irrelevance.

I'm not even asking for a full board range, just like one or two a season.