Author Topic: Zered Bassett on Tensor  (Read 13842 times)

carlwinslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zered Bassett on Tensor
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
these trucks really help my backside noseslides

Dbk

• Rep: 3
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »
Not to be on tensors side but they do manufacture the lightest truck made.Using magnesium.
Jus sayin

Actually, Thunder Titaniums are lighter :o

Jack

• Rep: -2
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »
Why not?

Daewon Song proves it's not the equipment, it's the skater. Ride what you like.

Implying people like Tensor...

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
Haha... Even their bolts are "high tech" and come with plastic inserts for increased performance.
http://tensortrucks.com/hardware/bolts/
They also come with a reusable air tight storage tube. Are they marketing these to people with severe OCD?...

Thrasher Tom

• Rep: -7
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »
Are they marketing these to people with severe OCD?...

YES
Team Hanging Out at the fence watching cause I broke my ankle

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
Haha... Even their bolts are "high tech" and come with plastic inserts for increased performance.
http://tensortrucks.com/hardware/bolts/
They also come with a reusable air tight storage tube. Are they marketing these to people with severe OCD?...

"you can put your weeeeed in there"

BriDen

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »
Not to be on tensors side but they do manufacture the lightest truck made.Using magnesium.
Jus sayin

I got a pair for free a few years back, and yes they are light but I'd say Titan Ti-lites are/were lighter, if anybody remembers those. I think they were made out of paper mache.

Regardless, a truck that doesn't turn appeals to 90% of kids just starting skating. Tensor has their niche and I appreciate them staying there.

spare change

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Jus sayin

[close]

Actually, Thunder Titaniums are lighter :o
I weighed them both in similar widths and it was basically the same.Like .01 ounces difference.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wasn't he on venture before?
Shame to change but if its more money then good for him.
[close]

if im right it's venture>force>indy>tensor
[close]
You are horribly, horribly mistaken.??  Jesus Christ.
[close]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?  Force?!?
[close]

Don't question Tate, he knows his shit.

[close]
I thought he meant venture is greater than force and force is greater than indy so on and so forth. Sorry, I'm regular.

I meant order of sponsors, sorry for the confusion.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
These are the tensors I'm currently rockin' right now.

My friends made fun of me when I set them up, but the plastic plate insert is revolutionary in the way that it helps you do slide tricks. With a concept devised by the Mullen himself, you can't go wrong.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
Tensors are very under appreciated.
I posted up a used pair I had on craigslist for 500 dollars and they were snagged up in less than 3 hours. They didn't even want to negotiate the price! I would've been willing to get rid of them for at least 490, or 480.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:57 PM »
$500 on trucks!??!!!

thats an 8 ball, good hooker, and nice telly yo.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
I had a pair like 8 years ago, they did the thing where my board was crooked when riding straight. I changed the bushings ad kept trying to wear them in but gave up and sold them to some guy for $20. they were horrible shit. Remember rodney's old tensor ads where there would be a long ass paragraph of fake shit nobody care about?

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 11:49:39 PM »
i remember my friend edgar, this was like a 10 year old story, he had ventures and tensors and he made a hybrid called "ten-tures"
man, they were the best!!! venture hangers with tensors base, you gotta try it no joke

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 02:57:40 AM »
tensors were my first trucks, i never had anything against them until i got some trucks that actually turned, now i just cant ride em. i tried putting in some bones yellow bushings but they still didnt turn, tried bones blue but still they turned like shit, so next time i go to the skatepark im just gonna throw them in the middle of the park and shout scrambles so all the groms fight over them just coz theyre free

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »
These are the tensors I'm currently rockin' right now.
My friends made fun of me when I set them up, but the plastic plate insert is revolutionary in the way that it helps you do slide tricks. With a concept devised by the Mullen himself, you can't go wrong.

but somehow or another, skaters have managed to slide all their tricks without the help of the plastic insert in all these years.... 

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 08:33:50 AM »
i actually saw someone skating ventures where hes simply taken the plastic insert out, chatted some shit bout making them lighter even though he never made his board leave the ground

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
rodney mullen or daewon song still on tensor?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »

prety sure they both are, i know daewon is but i havnt had any new info about rodney in ages so not %100

but daewon doesnt even really have bushings in his

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

prety sure they both are, i know daewon is but i havnt had any new info about rodney in ages so not %100

but daewon doesnt even really have bushings in his
Only like 6 people on the team

http://tensortrucks.com/team/mullen/
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
are you kids really this fucking stupid? clearly everyone with a truck sponsor skates indys. maybe those thunder dudes ride thunders who knows. aside from that all it means is a different and more than likely larger paycheck. dumbasses
FREE MAX B

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »
are you kids really this fucking stupid? clearly everyone with a truck sponsor skates indys. maybe those thunder dudes ride thunders who knows. aside from that all it means is a different and more than likely larger paycheck. dumbasses

it seems to me that Thunder, Venture, and Indy riders stay faithful to their sponsors. Pretty much everyone else rides one of those three.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Thrasher Tom

• Rep: -7
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
Tensors are very under appreciated.
I posted up a used pair I had on craigslist for 500 dollars and they were snagged up in less than 3 hours. They didn't even want to negotiate the price! I would've been willing to get rid of them for at least 490, or 480.
The Fuck?
Team Hanging Out at the fence watching cause I broke my ankle

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
zered was at stoner park today riding.....................tensors

Roach maynE

• Rep: -11
    • dj fades hip hop spy avatar image
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 04:36:29 AM »
nothin like hollow trucks

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »

i'm not surprised.  thats how you keep your sponsors.  fastest way to lose them(and your check) would be to rock the competitors brands.

back in the days, you could get away with it but nowadays that shit ain't really flying.  theres too many eyes and too many media outlets to avoid.  the last person i remember really getting away with it was koston when he was skating for royal.   
i'm sure some people are still doing it but if they get caught, they'll surely get the boot.  if i owned a company, i wouldn't continue to pay them when they're advertising another company.  fuck that.     

Cold Pizza

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'm not surprised.  thats how you keep your sponsors.  fastest way to lose them(and your check) would be to rock the competitors brands.

Expand Quote
[close]

back in the days, you could get away with it but nowadays that shit ain't really flying.  theres too many eyes and too many media outlets to avoid.  the last person i remember really getting away with it was koston when he was skating for royal.   
i'm sure some people are still doing it but if they get caught, they'll surely get the boot.  if i owned a company, i wouldn't continue to pay them when they're advertising another company.  fuck that.     

Just off the top of my heard I've seen Daniel Castillo skating Thunders, Filipe Ortiz skating Indys, Joey Brezinski skating Indys, Johnny Layton skating Indys, Andrew Brophy skating Indys, Ben Raybourn skating Indys and Biebel skating Ventures.  All these dudes have different sponsors then what they actually ride.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just off the top of my heard I've seen Daniel Castillo skating Thunders, Filipe Ortiz skating Indys, Joey Brezinski skating Indys, Johnny Layton skating Indys, Andrew Brophy skating Indys, Ben Raybourn skating Indys and Biebel skating Ventures.  All these dudes have different sponsors then what they actually ride.

yeah, every shot of Biebel where I can see his trucks he tends to be riding ventures. I don't understand why he doesn't just switch. Silver has always seemed like a broke-ass venture to me anyways. I had a pair a few years back when they were still pretty new...worst mistake.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i said "some people", how you could read that as all?
did you see all these people with your own 2 eyes as of recent?  or are you pointing out ads and footage you've seen in video parts?
also keep in mind, getting free product from a company and getting an actual check from a company are not the same thing.  free product is a hook up, if you're receiving a check that means you signed a contract. 

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 09:01:07 AM »
Zered Bassett on...trading Tensors to Shut for real trucks...
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.