Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 172742 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »
great weather
skated with all of my homies rather than just some
landed some nice feeling tricks
skating in new shoes that felt great
sessioned for about 6-7 hours both saturday and sunday
good vibe where i was skating
after i was done "getting tricks" i skated some flat and worked on making some of my tricks nicer, always had weak reg pop shuvs so i spent like an hour just re-learning them and now they feel noice
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:39:20 AM by finknoos »

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2011, 02:58:37 AM »
Having a lot of fun skating terribly.  Couldn't land shit today, but neither could anyone else.  One of those days.

Septidon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2011, 03:18:01 AM »
Super loud firecrackers off curbs

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2011, 07:06:49 AM »
last time i skated i really enjoyed bombing parking garage hills

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2011, 07:26:42 AM »
Bombing hills on the way home from work ,  running some lights trying to see and hope I dont get hit . Sydney is prob alot like San Francisco in the hills department , super fun and scarry hills everywhere

rmoto

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
Not worrying about what spot to go to or where your going to end up. Just skating, crusing through the streets. Going crazy fast and doing an ollie.

smellyfart

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
Just fucking around at a park with my friends.

bandini

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2011, 11:04:23 PM »
Filming a buddy who was straight killing it.

It ain't always about MY skating...; )

dankradschwag

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »
wallies

jimi420

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:46 PM »
Filming, having the cops called and bombing a hill. I'm pretty stoked on all three.
-The shit i filmed was just throwaway garbage. No comply up a little bump then Boneless over a tiny gap.
-Haven't had the cops called in a year so i forgot how exciting it is.
-I bombed this hill that leads to my house and a blue jeep pulls up. It does the jerky motion like "should i stay, should i go?" so it decides to go while im 10 feet away and i have to swerve massively to avoid getting wrecked.

Today made me realize how much i missed skateboarding.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
Loose trucks, cutting through traffic, with a tailwind.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

earlygrab

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »
blew my knee out 5 days ago. Thought it was over for me finally. pushed around at park today and feel like ill be back full in a week. The more I skate the easier my body deals with injuries. gotta love la weather. no more forced haitus like back east. It is seriously the fucking fountain of youth.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2011, 07:13:28 PM »
Cruised down the streets of Buenos Aires today.  Came so close to getting hit by a truck, but swerved out of the way just in time.  My buddy said my backpack was actually touching the truck.  Skitched a cab and the door started to open.  Best feeling ever.  Then we skated the most amazing empty fountain ever.  It was awesome.  Tomorrow we're heading for Uruguay.  Who knows if there's anything to skate there but we'll find out tomorrow I guess.

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
landing anything first try on the way somewhere.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
being able to skate normally again after breaking my toe.

dontfearthereefer92

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
i was in the parking lot of the supermarket so i took out my board, did a crispy tre flip first try and then put it back and went about my business.
[close]

YES! thats the sickest man, getting tres somewhat on lock is the greatest accomplishment of my life, fuck school or work, people dont understand, you just walked into that grocery store like a boss!

and that whole progression to warm up, thats what tres were for me, and ya, best feeling ever.

i will have to say like when you just get warmed up, and you do the first kickflip (which for me is way harder to nail than tres), as soon as you pop you know its flipping around leveled and you just stomp it, FUCK theres no drug that beats this shit!

This my man is troof

I just recently moved back to my home city, so skating and givin'r with the homies is also the best! unfortunately ive been on afternoons and havent really had much chance to skate all week, but i got an appetite for destruction and i don't think i'm starving this weekend
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:47:15 PM by dontfearthereefer92 »

septidons

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2011, 02:08:10 PM »
Super loud firecrackers off curbs

I don't like super loud firecrackers off curbs. I like these: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
skateskateskateskatePOP!grindgrindgrindgrindgrindPOP! skateskateskate

kevbo999

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
Had a couple good slams at the park yesterday.  I'd rather not be good than not be trying.

earlygrab

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »
Had a couple good slams at the park yesterday.  I'd rather not be good than not be trying.

ontheswarm

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
people like zach lyons make skating so much more enjoyable for me

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
Today the weather was absolutely perfect, and I've been stressing about stupid stuff lately, so I went to the park to unwind. Ended up skating a lot harder than I intended on and wore myself out like I used to when I was younger. Although I mostly skate by myself now, at least that part of me felt like I did when I skated with all my friends in middle school.

Being in a more rural part of Kansas has been amazing, too. In Kansas City, everyone takes skating so seriously. No one claps for each other, and it's actually intimidating to not be the best skater in a park. Here, everyone is psyched on everything and cheers just when somebody tries a trick. Incredibly refreshing.

kevbo999

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »
My roomie got a bicycle, so I tried to follow him around parking lots, ollieing up and down curbs along the way.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
First half cab flip in 10 years, then board slide to tattoo destroyer on dodgy asphalt.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
this weekend i got to skate something i helped build.  its hard as fuck to skate, but being able to skate something that you had a hand in creating was as gratifying as skateboarding can be...its the feeling of being part of something, which i feel has been lost a bit in skateboarding these days.  it still exists, but i feel like its not as big a part of what skateboarding used to be.  i guess is just comes with the popularization/homogenization of anything....
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »
buying a new deck and skating a dyi/barrier spot...

Froston

• Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
New Trucks, and berrings. Betting on tricks at the local park.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
this weekend i got to skate something i helped build.  its hard as fuck to skate, but being able to skate something that you had a hand in creating was as gratifying as skateboarding can be...its the feeling of being part of something, which i feel has been lost a bit in skateboarding these days.  it still exists, but i feel like its not as big a part of what skateboarding used to be.  i guess is just comes with the popularization/homogenization of anything....

speak for your mother fucking self. I build shit to skate all the time, as do a fuck ton of other people. its awesome that you created something and skated it, but when you talk about it like that, it comes off insanely self-righteous.
@idealhandmades

BriDen

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
Yeah I feel there's more DIY today than in the last 10 years, but this is a happy thread so I'm not gonna knock him for it.

I particularly liked not having to skate solo today, despite still being freezing cold out. Most people around here are really picky about when they skate, and I guess that's just part of getting older. But solo sessions make up about 90% of my skate time, so when the homies come out, I never take that shit for granted.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:10:39 PM by Briden »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2011, 09:50:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

speak for your mother fucking self. I build shit to skate all the time, as do a fuck ton of other people. its awesome that you created something and skated it, but when you talk about it like that, it comes off insanely self-righteous.

whoa...by NO means was I trying to come across as self righteous.  i think what i said may have been taken out of context....what i was talking about had nothing really to do with building something.  it had to do with skateboarding becoming super watered down, and popularized.  when i younger, if you saw someone skating you had an immediate connection with that person.  thats what I meant when i was about being part of something...that's all. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »
won a 6 man game of skate while stoned (everyone else was sober)

and had a long seshion on a wally wall (basically like a super steep bank, almost 80 degrees) which was great fun

laughing at this dude who was getting propper stressed over a trick for about an hour, throwing his board everywhere and screaming, at one point he even told a kid that if he got in his was again hed rip his fucking head off and feed it to the birds

finally got my pop shuvs and nollie fs 180s looking/feeling nice and propper

and generally it was just a beautifull day