Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 172694 times)

Cockaigne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
(or actually in my case, yesterday)

i can go and explain the complete situation.... but what matters is:

I was drunk and stoned, riding home, trying to trick at every street light, fucking up mostly, but I got a lil line and felt it fine.

Switch ollie body variel, no comply-shove a street lid, bumped a parking block and ended with a solid kicky-flip.

I thoroughly enjoyed that moment and I'd like to hear some other good experiences.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:13:29 PM »
it fucking snowed this morning, it ruined my day. ranked up in call of duty though  ;D

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
i was in the parking lot of the supermarket so i took out my board, did a crispy tre flip first try and then put it back and went about my business.

kevbo999

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »
Spent close to an hour today pushing around puddles, snow, and salt patches to get my bike across town.  Felt obliged to do a couple kickflips before coming inside.  Realized my foot placement on them had become jacked so I made an effort to fix that.  I need the park/streets to clear up so I can get my shit back and shed some winter lbs.  I miss grinding stuff and getting air.

tre killa

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
Crusing to meet up with my friends getting to the spot where we were gonna met up with and heelfliping a man hole cover then fakie front tail a little blue ledge, and then cruising home. Nothing beats skating in the street with the cold winter hair blowing beside you, today was definitly best day in a few weeks weather wise

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
Friendship aspect. Friend of mine was here from out of town over the weekend, and I brought him around to a ton of spots, getting a chance to skate them with somebody I never expected to made it so much more awesome. I know its cheesy, but you can't deny the truth in it, and the truth in it is what's making me hyped right now.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »
I wasted at least half an hour at work dreaming of three or four tricks that I think I can get... Sucky thing is I can't skate till Thursday.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
we were skating next to a dog park, and this pug kept running back and forth along the fence as we passes, and once, while i filmed a line, the pug busted out somehow and chased us.  the dude i was filming landed the line anyway.  the thing was, the dog wasn't trying to bite us, he just really like skateboards, and pushed it around with his head and stuff.  and the owner said its name was ollie!

We are a noble sport more noble than any other

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »
Found this uprail by this target near my house, skated it for about half an hour. Funnest sesh I had in a while.

huh

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »
friendship.
dicked around at a freezing concrete park, set up trashcans everwhere and filmed stupid shit on my homies ipod. when fast and ollied around the park for an hour or so then went to jimmyjohn's and shared like 5 loafs of day old 49cent bread and mustard and a soda cup. talked about the new MIA video, went home, bought it, psyched! gonna go paint our park tongiht!

tre killa

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:47:53 PM »
we were skating next to a dog park, and this pug kept running back and forth along the fence as we passes, and once, while i filmed a line, the pug busted out somehow and chased us.  the dude i was filming landed the line anyway.  the thing was, the dog wasn't trying to bite us, he just really like skateboards, and pushed it around with his head and stuff.  and the owner said its name was ollie!

wow it isnt snowing there but here in northern california it is snowing at 500 feet damn

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »
I'm enjoying the part where I work at my job all day and didn't even so much as touch my board all day.
@idealhandmades

huh

• Rep: -5
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
I'm enjoying the part where I work at my job all day and didn't even so much as touch my board all day.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

corned beef

• Rep: 12
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »
Set up some crispy new wheels........which I won't be able to use for weeks because it's snowing in fucking Chicago per usual

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:31:03 PM »
when i got to the park today, somebody had dragged the old parking curb into the flatbottom. at first i was bummed, but then a furious slappy session got underway, and i was no longer bummed.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

dankradschwag

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »
learned some new shit at the park

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »
skated last week for the first time since september, because of torn ligaments in the bottom of my pushing foot, just a mini hill bomb, manhole back 180, sidewalk block kicker ollie, and arrive at the burrito joint/bar. it was amazing.

went to the doc the next day, i'll be on crutches for 2 months which is an abomination!

but today i realized that this means that i'll heal correctly after already being under 5 months of injury and be able to skate when i head to eureka this summer, where i imagine it's going to be sick!

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
5 blocks to 7/11. Decent ground pretty much the whole way. Pushing as fast as I can.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 11:42:49 PM »
Doing tail smackers over the hip at the Richmond park. It was a great feeling.

kreamteamWill

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »
well, i didnt skate today, instead i ended up driving a few hours to save some friends who were stranded at the Tillamook cheese factory, no kidding. BUT! i did see some super radical tillamook spots and started thinking of all the possibilities and shit i want to do when its not raining. ? 

but two days ago when i skated last i skated with some friends, one who i had'nt seen in over a year. they both ripped which i cant say for myself, but i got some frontside slashes on a super chunky brick quarter and the noise alone was enough.

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:59 PM »
walked out the house still groggy in the a.m., took in the golden gate bridge and downtown SF view for a minute while I burned one, then no comply 180 to switch hill bomb. Best Feeling ever! Jah Bless Skateboarding!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
walked out the house still groggy in the a.m., took in the golden gate bridge and downtown SF view for a minute while I burned one, then no comply 180 to switch hill bomb. Best Feeling ever! Jah Bless Skateboarding!
I love you for this! Straight up made me feel good.

Thanks get some ;D

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »
well, i didnt skate today, instead i ended up driving a few hours to save some friends who were stranded at the Tillamook cheese factory, no kidding. BUT! i did see some super radical tillamook spots and started thinking of all the possibilities and shit i want to do when its not raining. ? 

but two days ago when i skated last i skated with some friends, one who i had'nt seen in over a year. they both ripped which i cant say for myself, but i got some frontside slashes on a super chunky brick quarter and the noise alone was enough.

King city banks?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

kreamteamWill

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:29 AM »
Expand Quote
well, i didnt skate today, instead i ended up driving a few hours to save some friends who were stranded at the Tillamook cheese factory, no kidding. BUT! i did see some super radical tillamook spots and started thinking of all the possibilities and shit i want to do when its not raining. ?? 

[close]

King city banks?
no i was at the Holly Farm skatepark, super fun

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 12:26:32 AM »
Heading to emb today on bush. Hit the first few lights, but managed to make the ones that mattered around the china town entrance. That little burst of hill gives you a nice little kick.

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I love you for this! Straight up made me feel good.

Thanks get some ;D

Hell yeah, thanks Karl. We've met a few times over the years, first time my brother and I took you and welsh and scott johnston out to eat with us during a mad circle demo in '97 maybe '98 at Rampage skatepark in Davenport Iowa, then my brother and I followed you when the cops came storming up on pier 7 during our first time there the next year haha we didn't know where to go. I've ran into you a few times throughout the years I've been livin out here too and though pretty much everybody here has already said it and I'm not trying to kiss too much butt, here's my little two cents, your attitude and style has been a gift and inspiration to skateboarding throughout the years and has always kept me hyped on skating! Keep doing what you do!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

TheFreshSC

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »
while everyone my age was busy acting hard, some younger rippers at NoHo plaza were actually cool as fuck to skate with.
i particularly enjoyed doing some flatground lines back and forth between banks and a few long, balanced backside nosegrinds on some perfect ledges.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »
Exploration and trespassing, yesterday.
There are a few ditches going off right now in the city over from me. A few friends and myself broomed them out and had a damn good day. Even scored some local keg brew afterwards over looking the inland empire and a perfect california sunset. It was supposed to rain today, and it's sunny as hell, 70 degrees outside, i love the winters here.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
haven't skated in a while, but while i was on the bus for some reason i wrote out a list of the best things about skating. i guess that's the only way i can experience the good things, is listing them. at least for now. i won't list all of them but the good ones i wrote down were:

- knowing you could eat it but committing anyway
- getting hyped off of your friends/people you don't even know
- progression of:
   1) out of your league
   2) kinda throwin it around
   3) fake it til you make it
   4) make it again
   5) repeat step 4 ~ 100 times
   6) got it somewhat dialed
   7) first try/ 75% of the time
   8) becomes a warm up trick
- no complies of all varieties
- devising an attack plan for learning a trick
- being way out of control and reigning it in n making it

this list could go on for days, but that's been the only aspect of skateboarding i've been able to enjoy lately. skating in my head all day e'rryday.

EDIT: this thread is fantastic

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
This thread should be renamed the "the Get Happy thread".  Tonnes of good vibes up in here!!