Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 172768 times)

Tommy G

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1260 on: February 28, 2018, 11:16:28 PM »
I just got off a really bad foot injury, and it's still hurting in my arch, so I can't last particularly long before the pain becomes too much to deal with. I went out to get my tricks back that I've lost since I injured myself, and man did it take a lot of willpower and determination. I was mainly trying to get kickflips and heelflips back. I rolled my ankle on a heelflip and I've been scared to do them for fear of doing it again, but I powered through and finally landed one, albeit sketchy. Next up was kickflips, and the combination of bad habits and a slight bit of fear ran through my head as I missed each one I tried. Finally, I convinced my head that I was trying it up a little Euro gap and finally landed it before heading back to my room for the night. I just had the urge to skate after a long day of early and night classes, and I'm absolutely glad I did. I know I'm not gonna just land those tricks every try now that I got one of each, but tonight showed me that I really don't need to let my head mess with me and I just need to keep trying to get what I want. Skateboarding's awesome.

Padre_del_pavito

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1261 on: February 28, 2018, 11:24:28 PM »
Pushing to keep up with the dog on an empty bike trail next to the bay. full speed ahead with a few 180 no complies, powerslides, switch pushing and all stoke before the rain started.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1262 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:09 PM »
I just got off a really bad foot injury, and it's still hurting in my arch, so I can't last particularly long before the pain becomes too much to deal with. I went out to get my tricks back that I've lost since I injured myself, and man did it take a lot of willpower and determination. I was mainly trying to get kickflips and heelflips back. I rolled my ankle on a heelflip and I've been scared to do them for fear of doing it again, but I powered through and finally landed one, albeit sketchy. Next up was kickflips, and the combination of bad habits and a slight bit of fear ran through my head as I missed each one I tried. Finally, I convinced my head that I was trying it up a little Euro gap and finally landed it before heading back to my room for the night. I just had the urge to skate after a long day of early and night classes, and I'm absolutely glad I did. I know I'm not gonna just land those tricks every try now that I got one of each, but tonight showed me that I really don't need to let my head mess with me and I just need to keep trying to get what I want. Skateboarding's awesome.

EEEYYYY CELTY AVATAR WHAT UP

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1263 on: March 01, 2018, 08:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

EEEYYYY CELTY AVATAR WHAT UP

Right?! I always love seeing your gif at the end of your messages. Fuckin' love Celty.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1264 on: March 25, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »
Been sick all week, sun came out for like an hour so i dragged my ass out of bed and tried. Got to the empty high school carpark i like to skate in and someone had left traffic cones all over, set them up and tried to ollie over as many as i could in one go

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1265 on: March 25, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »
Been sick all week, sun came out for like an hour so i dragged my ass out of bed and tried. Got to the empty high school carpark i like to skate in and someone had left traffic cones all over, set them up and tried to ollie over as many as i could in one go
Well? Don't keep us in suspense, how many did you Ollie?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1266 on: March 25, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i got to four out of six before i clipped

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1267 on: March 25, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i got to four out of six before i clipped

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1268 on: March 26, 2018, 07:44:21 PM »
 Back 3s into a bank which was not steep and they were 270 ish really, but were fun.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1269 on: March 27, 2018, 10:50:09 AM »
Skated to a spot instead of drove...missed those fucking cracks

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1270 on: March 27, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
4:3

sw bs heel
sw bs flips
sw fs heel

i mob my sw flips like hell but i learned to live with it. I do pop

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1271 on: April 14, 2018, 12:38:12 AM »
I was skating our diy yesterday and I was feeling a bit off, kinda just cruised and drank beers more than real skating when all of a sudden this guy in a wheelchair arrived, just parked his chair at the other corner where people were. Of course being a bit drunk and social fucker that I am I asked him to join the crew and in no time he was there cruising,doing manuals and shit and man, that gave me a blast to actually skate instead of drinking/chitchatting. Best sessions this year so far :)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1272 on: April 14, 2018, 06:24:25 AM »
first time back on board since mangling my foot in January, the safety tricks are still in the bag.
But double dstoked cos i took my kid to the park with me and its the first time hes been stoked on trying to skate, pumping round the bowl with him on my board laughing and shouting to go faster it was sick

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1273 on: April 14, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
Ollied an ottoman in my living room while drunk last night, got a good response from the plebeians

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1274 on: April 14, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »
Consistently started being able to Fakie Shove over small benches (Quel got me feeling inspired). Also relearned fakie bigspin manuals, and overcame my fear of this two foot tall flatbar I cracked my ribs on a few years ago. Felt productive

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1275 on: April 14, 2018, 12:30:14 PM »
Ollied an ottoman in my living room while drunk last night, got a good response from the plebeians

Your sig hurts my head (in a good way)

shark tits

« Reply #1276 on: April 22, 2018, 04:44:32 PM »
was at our DIY and who should be there but Bruh Man from the 5th floor! in a blue dickies onesie no less. been 2-3 yrs since we've kicked it, too long. that made my day and i got a 31 yr old landscaper buddy i palled around w/ skating in the sun is it's own reward.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #1277 on: April 25, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »
was at our DIY and who should be there but Bruh Man from the 5th floor! in a blue dickies onesie no less. been 2-3 yrs since we've kicked it, too long. that made my day and i got a 31 yr old landscaper buddy i palled around w/ skating in the sun is it's own reward.

Made my day too! Hadn't seen you in years but been paying homage in the coveralls for some time now hahaha.

shark tits

« Reply #1278 on: April 25, 2018, 06:50:06 AM »
that's what's up! we took the rainbow rail from arctic and put it in the ground yesterday, repaired the angle iron on the ledges. some other stuff in the works, hopefully see ya there this wkend.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1279 on: April 25, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »
Swapping out Indy 159s with Bones mediums to Ace 55s to my 8.9" cruiser board and pushing some 8 km with it to get my bike. Felt like home! Awesome feeling even if they're not properly broken in yet. That turn is magical!I love it so much more than Indys. Got Aces on all my setups now and plan on keeping it that way!  :)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1280 on: April 25, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »
Swapping out Indy 159s with Bones mediums to Ace 55s to my 8.9" cruiser board and pushing some 8 km with it to get my bike. Felt like home! Awesome feeling even if they're not properly broken in yet. That turn is magical!I love it so much more than Indys. Got Aces on all my setups now and plan on keeping it that way!  :)
Wait until you bend all the axles. Not hatin' just sayin'

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1281 on: April 25, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »
I built a box. Now when my back stops hurting from being hunched over building it, I can skate that shit every day.

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1282 on: April 25, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they fixed that shit
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1283 on: April 25, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll wait. I've skated mostly 44s for a few years now. No problems so far, but I'm old and never skated anything high impact anyway, so I don't think it'll be much of a problem for me. I've got three sets of 44s around and this one set of 55s, so I've got some spares if something happens. Also seems that Aces are starting to be better available around these parts, so I might actually be able to buy new ones if I manage to break something. I love Ace and it's gonna need quite something to change my mind.  :)

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1284 on: April 25, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
Slipped out on a back 180 off my stoop and was bummed because it hurt and my board was going down the hill, but then it hit the tire on my car and came right back and didn't hurt for very long.

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1285 on: April 26, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »
skated with a friend who had broke his foot a few months ago - he said it was his first session with another person in a long time. great to cruise around with him and film a lil line at the lil ledge spot next to the stanford hubba.

tomorrow i'm stoked to connect with a dude who built a local diy and learn how to repair some of the concrete stuff.

let's get it

shark tits

« Reply #1286 on: May 09, 2018, 07:49:55 PM »
left my house thinking of getting new wheels and i bombed my usual hills but everything seemed different. and completely new to me.
i was going faster than usual and traffic at the bottom of the 2nd hill was at a stop. i had to thread the needle at speed w/ a knapsack but did i footdrag? no i did not. i've got a little jake phelps on my shoulder at times like these.
i had to lean way to the right and take a side street to slow down since i was cocked and blocked from crossing the bottom intersection but it was exhilarating sliding between traffic and riding it out.
i ended up buying some 56s and i like that shit more!

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #1287 on: May 09, 2018, 11:53:39 PM »
left my house thinking of getting new wheels and i bombed my usual hills but everything seemed different. and completely new to me.
i was going faster than usual and traffic at the bottom of the 2nd hill was at a stop. i had to thread the needle at speed w/ a knapsack but did i footdrag? no i did not. i've got a little jake phelps on my shoulder at times like these.
i had to lean way to the right and take a side street to slow down since i was cocked and blocked from crossing the bottom intersection but it was exhilarating sliding between traffic and riding it out.
i ended up buying some 56s and i like that shit more!

Sick! I need to get rid of these 48's lol.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
« Reply #1288 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »
a homie inspired me to try some fakie big flips over an a-frame at one of my local parks and they are suprisingly fun and very easy, never really tried them before but i think i'll be doing them regularly from now on
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1289 on: May 10, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »
I've been making it a point to skate switch more often, and not push switch mongo because mine looks awful. I'm actually getting pretty comfortable with it and landing switch shuvs, back 180s and switch flips which I could never do. It feels awesome.