Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 172691 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1321 on: May 31, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
Yesterday caught a sunset session at a park I don't usually get to skate anymore.
Instead of only skating the ledge I found myself skating the 3 block. It's not that I don't jump down things anymore, its just that when I do its normally when out in the streets trying for a clip. I haven't had a session where I practiced my gap tricks in a while.
It was a solid session until I snapped my skate on a bigspin, just as rainclouds started blowing in. I was reminded why I stopped skating gaps/stairs at skateparks...
You could see rain evaporating off the ground miles away, the sunshine shining through it looked unreal. Definitely stomping out the bigspin next time with a freshie, and I should probably abandon my stupid mindset of not skating gaps and stairs at parks, its just that I got sick of breaking and setting up boards when it wasn't worth it. 

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1322 on: June 01, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
Nazism

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1323 on: June 02, 2018, 01:06:54 PM »
I skated for almost four and a half hours today and I'm sore as fuck. Feels good. It was hot and we had a few beers and tons of water. Gonna feel it tomorrow.

Slaps Son

« Reply #1324 on: June 03, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »
Found a awesome jersey barrier a few blocks from my house!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1325 on: June 03, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
Been street skating a lot more often this year and even filming. Pretty sure I've gotten at least one clip every time I've gone out in the past few weeks, and for me that feels really good. Yesterday I got up early to help with some new additions to our local DIY (which I'm hella geeked about) then followed it up with a day in the city where we ran into a bunch of other folks and had a blast. And on top of all that, I just got a Christmas Complete to celebrate a new job which has only amplified the weekend stoke.

I'm sick today and can't skate, but I'm just pretty giddy about skateboarding in general lately.  :)

Mambo56

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1326 on: June 03, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
smoking up and skating flat in a silky smooth car park, board control was so much better with all my flatground shit by the end of the day. Got a bunch of tricks on lockdown that have been bugging me or not feeling right recently as a result of the durex thin feel™ board control, got into some solid back and forth battles fucking around with some games of skate with a homie in which both of us got new stunts down, feels good mayn
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:19:05 PM by Mambo56 »

i've woken up next to multiple people boning and i always run for it. i don't want anything sprayed on me.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1327 on: June 03, 2018, 11:46:41 PM »
Started my 4 week long holiday yesterday, street skating with my crew. I’ve been working so much that there was plenty of ”new” spots for me, got some footage as well so it was a good day! Today I feel sore as hell but happy 😊
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1328 on: July 09, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »
Cool cop.
So, we're at this bench on a public sidewalk. Some super citizen stops and tells us we can't be skating. We're not trying to listen to this guy. So he calls the cops. We keep skating. Dude waited like 20 minutes, then left. Another 10 minutes or so and the cop showed up. Tells us nicely to move along. But instead of saying go to the skatepark, which I've heard a lot, he proceeds to clue us in on all the street spots he knows about and we might like.

shark tits

« Reply #1329 on: July 12, 2018, 09:18:47 PM »
skating by myself at night, everything i land is good. no standards or anything, ollieing trash of a curb or slappy noseslides takes me back to the 90s.
people in the neighborhood leave me alone now, i'll get a little 'civilian props' but nobody's asked me to kf or yelled 'do a trick' this yr.

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1330 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
skated a park by myself for 30 minutes between class and work. It was awesome

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1331 on: July 13, 2018, 09:07:50 AM »
jumped down a load of stairs for the first time in about a year. didn't get anywhere but it made me feel alive and glad i can still take it at 29. my back hurts now though
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #1332 on: July 13, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
Simply that I did it...well kinda. I'm 45 with a torn meniscus and a surgically repaired ankle that is dodgy at the best of times. All I did was skate a block to the mailbox trying to hold some manuals and ollied up the curb...but it had been a long time. Won't say any of it felt solid but it's a start and I'm already thinking "I should get new wheels..."
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1333 on: July 13, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »
Went on a solid ride with my wife today. Bombed a couple drawbridges and did a few gap tricks. Really got my wife stoked on skating lately after taking her with me on a trip. Skateboarding followed by some sex what more can I ask for  ;D

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1334 on: July 13, 2018, 11:04:50 AM »
I did a very perfectly executed and caught tre flip in full view of the rollerderby girls padding up at the park last night.

43 years old and I still wanna impress chicks, man.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1335 on: July 13, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »
Always been a fan of heelflips, I could do em a little in my teens but I just figured out where I need to have my feet and I've been getting them pretty consistently the last couple days so I'm stoked on that. Even been figuring out back heels and halfcab heels.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1336 on: July 13, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
EATING SHIT
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #1337 on: July 13, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »
Frontside flopper on a steep bank, switch fs shuv on steep bank, floating a mean backside 180 like Pfanner, although it probably looks like turds but whatever.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1338 on: July 17, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
I skated for theee hours on a Wednesday morning, I haven’t done that in years

active_shooter

« Reply #1339 on: July 26, 2018, 07:09:01 AM »
Simply that I did it...well kinda. I'm 45 with a torn meniscus and a surgically repaired ankle that is dodgy at the best of times. All I did was skate a block to the mailbox trying to hold some manuals and ollied up the curb...but it had been a long time. Won't say any of it felt solid but it's a start and I'm already thinking "I should get new wheels..."
I put a new board together last night and rode it to the mailbox doing the same thing; also little speed check slides and some shifty oliies. I had so much fun. Rolled the right ankle a year ago and it still feels weak, torn meniscus in the right knee has healed but am dealing with lower back issues and pain shooting down my left thigh into my knee now. I'm far from solid. But constant stretching and keeping everything moving seem to help.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #1340 on: July 26, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
Found a grass gap near my place and its perfect for me, 4 ft long, 1.5 tall, got a ollie, bs 180, switch ollie, bs shuv down it in 45 minutes, theres not to many spots in my area so I couldn't be happier with a spot like it

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1341 on: July 28, 2018, 10:09:57 PM »
first try nollie flip, battled nollie varial flip and won.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1342 on: July 29, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
i liked how i skated, but didn't plan it. much more flowy

shark tits

« Reply #1343 on: July 29, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
seen my favorite whore at my strip mall plaza tonight. we chopped it up a bit then she left w/ some older blue collar guy. he was real friendly too, everyone is sweet to me there. some guy said he seen me bombing down the hill, props from civilians is nice at times.
left on a kf noseslide for the road [more stall than slide but i'll take it]

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #1344 on: July 30, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
Just talked to a foreman grabbed some 3/4 plywood for a funbox, halfway done with my at home park all I need to finish is countersink angle irons and cutting a few anyone have any suggestions as to cut angle iron? preferably a hacksaw or something none power tools. 
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1345 on: August 01, 2018, 08:56:20 PM »
This morning at a park. I watched three guys all about the same age skate together, all couldn’t have clinged to a different era of skating any harder if they tried

The first dude showed up all pads on a sword and skull reissue, then his buddy showed up on some Chris miller board, the last guy showed up on this twig of a board couldn’t have been more then 7.5 and atop it were the chunkiest Globes I’ve seen since the ct-iv

But they all were having a good time and even moved their stuff so I could skate the ledge.

First enjoyable interaction with someone at a park in a long time

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1346 on: August 01, 2018, 09:10:06 PM »
Random non skater kid wearing camo pants, camo shirt and camo backpack telling me that my ollie up a curb was “lit”

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1347 on: September 02, 2018, 01:01:28 AM »
Waxed some new curbs, slappies for days now😎
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #1348 on: September 02, 2018, 06:12:15 AM »
At some park out of town so I didn’t know anyone and decided to skate the stairs with I don’t usually do and broke my board pretty much immediately, some local kid went to his car and give me a spare he had without asking for anything, it’s mice to know there are still good people in the world.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1349 on: September 02, 2018, 07:58:51 AM »
Set up a new deck I’ve had for 6 months with a shape I was sure I was going to hate. Ended up loving it and was able to pull off some stuff I couldn’t quite do on my last deck.

Ultimately, the combination of being able to land new stuff, not waste money and have a whole new shape I can ride was awesome. I’m sure there is some obscure French or Japanese term for that unique combination of pleasures haha