Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 172704 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1350 on: September 02, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
This morning at a park. I watched three guys all about the same age skate together, all couldn’t have clinged to a different era of skating any harder if they tried

The first dude showed up all pads on a sword and skull reissue, then his buddy showed up on some Chris miller board, the last guy showed up on this twig of a board couldn’t have been more then 7.5 and atop it were the chunkiest Globes I’ve seen since the ct-iv

But they all were having a good time and even moved their stuff so I could skate the ledge.

First enjoyable interaction with someone at a park in a long time
hahaha, that's a great story

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

switchbs180

« Reply #1351 on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »
won a game of skate against the younger guys. I'm 27 btw ^^
those 360 pop shuves still don't make sense to me..

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1352 on: September 16, 2018, 09:25:48 PM »
found myself at a doublesided curb and was doing back lips. i sang to myself '2 sided curb, 2 sided curb, i been back lipping at the kremlin w/ a 2 sided curb'.
saw a motorcycle cop so i skated away [city hall is his beat].
was at courthouse yesterday and couldn't back 5-0 for beans so i forced myself to do a bunch. there were younger kids there the other day and they fucked up my vibe. by myself i can concentrate a little better.
couldn't force myself to back lip the ledge, board went to smith and didn't grind or fell away but the 5-0s were good.
on the way home i seen a kid carrying a board i goes 'let's ollie the 5' and we bombed down and hopped a 5 into traffic. shit was ok.

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1353 on: September 17, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »
actually being able to skate for the first time in 5 weeks

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1354 on: September 17, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »
  i'm on a slide shuv and a tic tack rampage lately.  I love tic tacking around while i'm warming up.  I learned fakie slide shuvs on half pipes. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1355 on: September 30, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
me and my little buddy from el salvador skated a ledge we'd made. then the angle iron fell off but we fixed it. shit was a lot of fun and i hadn't seen the kid since he helped me w/ bees in late spring. he got sent to peabody cause he was fucking up out here. he's a good kid, i wanna get him married when he turns 18 so he's not at risk of deportation.
basic trick and bombing a hill, i made the most unique DIY spots. i can't control, what can i say? it's like a gift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtIuO5N3YY

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1356 on: February 27, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »
Bringing this back because I went from a shit time on board this morning to a good session earlier this evening

I had to dip past my work this morning to drop something off, being around that area there’s a little ass park built into a playground, two quarters and a bump in the centre, within 10 minutes of getting there I realised how little there was to do there, so I bailed.

Not feeling like I got enough skating in on my day off I decided to hit up this parking space once most of the cars had left because the gates stay open for a good while after 5.

It really turned the day around skating alone in this kinda sketchy car park just skating the few ledges there that grind.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1357 on: February 27, 2020, 04:53:52 AM »
Working on firecracker down the curb in front of our shop, to manual back around in a half circle to no-comply straight up the curb.