Author Topic: Moving to seattle in 3 weeks help  (Read 1002 times)

Stonesthrowplease

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Moving to seattle in 3 weeks help
« on: July 28, 2011, 06:43:36 AM »
Im moving to seattle from chicago in three weeks. what areas should i be looking for apartments? i was looking to live on the hill but i only wanna spend 800 a month for a 1 bedroom. i just dont know what any of the neighborhoods are called so its hard. any help would be greatly appreciated

grayham

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • OMG TMI ;-)
Re: Moving to seattle in 3 weeks help
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
capital hill
8===D ~~~~ O-:

bandini

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »
First Hill
Sort of above Capitol Hill so you're still able to walk there. Equally close to downtown as well. You'd be able to find some cheap places but in general prices may be higher as there are more highrises and newly renovated buildings.

It's funny, when I first moved to Seattle in 93, I got a decent 1 bedroom on First Hill for $300 a month. Back then, that area was filled with old, crumbly weird apartment buildings that were super cheap. I just visited recently and almost all of them have been torn down now.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
i live in fremont and its a nice location(close to dt, ballard, greenlake, UW, etc) and filled with bars and ethnic restaurants if you're into that. however if you have a car don't move to the city imo... it's all around a pain in the ass and expensive as fuck. when i move out i want to live in shoreline or one of the north end suburbs cause you get more for what you pay and don't have to deal with a lot of the bullshit of living in the city. and honestly i wouldn't move to capitol hill, it's expensive and overrated just because it's considered the "cool" part of town but really it kinda sucks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:15:24 AM by filter »

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
thanks for all the input and that break down of neighborhoods was awesome thanks for taking the time to do that. Im actually flying in tomorrow it worked out so my friend that lives in eastlake now is going to get a spot with me. so, were trying to find a 2 bedroom but not really having any luck. were going to go out on foot tomorrow and try and get some numbers.