Author Topic: guys from belgium, help me out with your awesome knowledge of.. belgium.  (Read 965 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
so, i?m planning a semester abroad and so far i?ve got ETH Zurich(Switzerland) and Link?ping Institute of Technology (Sweden) on my list. now to find a 3rd one. I was thinking about the "Katholieke Universiteit Leuven". have you got any infos on that one, like reputation, how is the city or the area in general, would you go there? that would be highly appreciated.

(of course, if you have any tips on my first 2 universities, feel free to post them).

Thanks, and maybe we?ll meet in fall!

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I'll get back at you as soon as I can about that one, one of my friends goes to university in Leuven

but from what I know Leuven is a real town "run" by students

Frank the Rabbit

• Rep: 5
Nowadays Leuven is a real "student city", as during the academic year most citizens in its centre are students. [...] Leuven sports one of the liveliest bar scenes in Belgium...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leuven
Also, a nice park. A clip I found of the park:

I was there on a vacation a few years ago, it's great.

Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.
I'm so high right now, what's going on??

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
Almost all of my friends go there. It's a good place I guess. Small, beautiful city center, lots of activities to do for students (parties every night, bars everywhere, free gym, swimming, a skatepark that's really hard to skate..).
As far as the school goes, it's a very good one. Dozens of campuses, thousands of students. Basically everyone in Leuven during the week is a student, it's really a student-city.
I have a personal dislike for it, as basically everyone around here wants to go study in Leuven just for the partylife, they don't seem to care what they're going to learn. It's a very good place, but highly overrated, not that you should care about that though.
A semester in Belgium will be a lot cheaper than Sweden or Switzerland too. A beer in Leuven costs ?1, in Sweden that's like ?5 or something.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
been to antwerpen for a semester and have to say that it was pretty nice. the beer over there is very tasty.

Inbred Jed

They have awesome beer. What else matters? Nothin.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70

this man gets the main point

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
Expand Quote
[close]

this man gets the main point
Go to the right places and get drunk off your ass with the finest beers for real cheap. Duvel for ?1.5 in my local bar is heaven