Author Topic: North Korea and Iran and Iraq?  (Read 3178 times)

William Jefferson Clinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
North Korea and Iran and Iraq?
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »
Okay, I was just wondering if there was any type of skate scences in North Korea, Iraq, and Iran?  I really enjoy learning about these places.  I plan on visiting North Korea after my senior year.  Oh, and how is the scence in Russia? Thats were my great granpa and grandma are from.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
Re: North Korea and Iran and Iraq?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »
You honestly want to go to these places? I bet the skate scenes there are just booming, just like their economies.......

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
Visualtraveling.com recently did a article on North Korea and you pretty much cant skateboard there, there was a video on the Iraq skate scene it actual has a indoor skate park.. I don't know anything about Iran.. and there a dvd by the visual traveling guy where they take the Siberian train across Russia to China.. Russia is a lot more common for skateboarding out of all these places..

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »
Visualtraveling.com recently did a article on North Korea and you pretty much cant skateboard there, there was a video on the Iraq skate scene it actual has a indoor skate park.. I don't know anything about Iran.. and there a dvd by the visual traveling guy where they take the Siberian train across Russia to China.. Russia is a lot more common for skateboarding out of all these places..
yea iraq has that skatisan park, but thats about it

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
Okay, thanks dude, I think im going to Russia and China and hopefully North Korea.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Okay, thanks dude, I think im going to Russia and China and hopefully North Korea.

Why North Korea? There's a brief article on Kenny Reed going there in a recent Transworld. It does not sound fun at all. t's very difficult to even plan a trip there and if you do, you're watched almost all of the time of your stay. You have government sanctioned tour guides that control your entire itinerary, are allowed to search you at anytime they choose, and are forced to be very strict out of fear for their own lives. Does not sound enjoyable in the least.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Why North Korea? There's a brief article on Kenny Reed going there in a recent Transworld. It does not sound fun at all. t's very difficult to even plan a trip there and if you do, you're watched almost all of the time of your stay. You have government sanctioned tour guides that control your entire itinerary, are allowed to search you at anytime they choose, and are forced to be very strict out of fear for their own lives. Does not sound enjoyable in the leas
Thats why, I want to see the last "Stalin Like" Regime around.  Yeah, I saw that article too, thats what made me think thats there's a realistic chance of going there.  But im sketched out now that I think of it, there is a chance they can arrest me and accuse me of spying and send me to 10 years hard labor like they did to the Ling sisters.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
I hear the Nuclear Plant in North Korea has some killer granite marble
wash uffize drive me to firenze

jimi420

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 11:15:31 PM »
I hear the Nuclear Plant in North Korea has some killer granite marble
I heard that's where Kim Jong Ill learned his switch back smiths. So steezy. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
if you are looking for a place to mellow out while in north korea, go out to this area called the DMZ, it means demilitarized zone, so like, you don't have to worry about the military their. I hear there is a DIY park in the DMZ
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »
You're probably joking about traveling to these places, but if you're telling the truth...visit Turkmenistan instead of North Korea. In Turkmenistan it's easier to get in and you'll have more freedom to travel around. There's still a big brother presence though, just not to the extend as North Korea is...

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »
You're probably joking about traveling to these places, but if you're telling the truth...visit Turkmenistan instead of North Korea. In Turkmenistan it's easier to get in and you'll have more freedom to travel around. There's still a big brother presence though, just not to the extend as North Korea is...
I would, but I dont want to go near Afghanistan.  Think im just going to go to Vegas or China instead.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 02:44:04 AM »
you are a fucking moron.

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 03:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yea iraq has that skatisan park, but thats about it
id go if there wasnt a suicide bomber in sight

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I would, but I dont want to go near Afghanistan.  Think im just going to go to Vegas or China instead.

this whole thread is just weird , first you are dead set on going to north korea ( not sure why the fuck anybody would want to go there , place is a bad place )  and then just from hearing that it could be hard , you just change your mind and want to go to vegas ?

How the heck do you go from wanting to go north korea to vegas ?  the places aint even remotly close in any aspects

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »
you are a fucking moron.

yep. russia might be ok, though.

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »
china might not be as bad if ur chinese ur self

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »
just stay there.hopefully they don't have internet.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
lol they dont, I changed my mind about North Korea, fuck them, there the enemy.

Belligerent Irish Cop

• Rep: -276
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 02:32:19 PM »
Iran is cool. Theres a ton of heroin in Tehran, it's the awesome place to go for drug users like me.

A.J.K.

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »