Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 35036 times)

vince the stud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 07:55:27 AM »
people watching me skate...tranny gets a pass.but not on street
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 09:08:57 AM »
holes in my socks

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
i hate boards with a blank top ply

jonisafreak3

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »
Skating in front of anyone (unless your a homie or not a judgmental prick) because i feel like people who dont skate either wanna see a kickflip, tre flip, or a banger and if you dont do any of em first try  you fail at skateboarding  and should quit right now

I hate skating at parks especially my local one because its legitimately inhabitated by assholes plus it has a closing time and helmet restricted

Finding the perfect spot but realizing the shitty runway/ runup making it impossible to skate

Kids who focus there board

Peoples ridiculous reasons for quitting skating, seriously i had a friend who was definitely one of the top 5 skaters in the town and he was a freshman at the time. The kid fucking ripped man but like a year later he became a shoe hooligan and didnt want to mess up his shoes so he quit. I shit you not if the kid still skated till he was in his twentys he could have become AM he was so good.

People who play skate and take it seriously

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
Condoms. It may sound ridiculous but if you go to a scummy park infested with regular kids, them buying boxes of condoms and throwing them over the park in order to make it look like they've fucked on every ramp is a daily occurrence. It's like they are claiming the spots. the deathbox? you bet. the grindbox? oh baby. The miniramp? roger that. Just today is was cumming (lol geddit) towards the miniramp and my wheels stuck on one of the fucking things (fully rolled out of course)

Also these same kids make up the 'COC' crew, which apparently means Caught on Camera, which firstly doesn't make sense because they were spraying it with their dads car paint behind the halfpipe, where the camera can't see them, and is just plain funny watching this group of boys spray 'COC' on everything. They are now fondly known as the Cock Boys.

Oh, and i shit you not, they did a little piece which looked something like this: 8==========D - YOU 8=D - ME. They really are regular.

jonisafreak3

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
Condoms. It may sound ridiculous but if you go to a scummy park infested with regular kids, them buying boxes of condoms and throwing them over the park in order to make it look like they've fucked on every ramp is a daily occurrence. It's like they are claiming the spots. the deathbox? you bet. the grindbox? oh baby. The miniramp? roger that. Just today is was cumming (lol geddit) towards the miniramp and my wheels stuck on one of the fucking things (fully rolled out of course)

Also these same kids make up the 'COC' crew, which apparently means Caught on Camera, which firstly doesn't make sense because they were spraying it with their dads car paint behind the halfpipe, where the camera can't see them, and is just plain funny watching this group of boys spray 'COC' on everything. They are now fondly known as the Cock Boys.

Oh, and i shit you not, they did a little piece which looked something like this: 8==========D - YOU 8=D - ME. They really are regular.

I thought my park was bad man...

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Kids that sit around the park
People that try the same trick for a long time
Trying a trick (ex. 360 flip) if you can barely ollie
[close]
How else are you supposed to learn new tricks?
I should have been clear. People that are stuck on a trick for days, they don't do anything else besides that one trick. I knew a guy like that.

clamy

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2011, 04:40:09 AM »
i hate boards with a blank top ply

If you mean like a natural wood color then yes I agree. It looks cheap and I get sick of looking at it, but everyone says "the griptape covers it".

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2011, 07:05:56 AM »

There is a youth center across the road from my park where they hand out boxes of condoms for free. They should know 90% of the shitheads that get them will never use them.

no thanks

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
nothing can be in my pockets

Man Without A Plan

• Rep: 10
  • "Another day working for The Man."
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
I've always thought it was annoying how some kids constantly roll up to a set and jump off their board last second. Also, I've seen this a lot throughout the thread, but kids who think they own the place.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »
I can't stand it when I step on my board when little rocks have snuck into the treads of my shoes. I hate the feel of that shit scraping on the griptape.

jimi420

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2011, 05:25:32 AM »
When you're skating something at the park and some bitch sits down on it between tries. yesterday some little scene 15 year old sat down on this little rail i was skating and I just barged it and hit her. Gotta move them somehow.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »
I can't stand it when I step on my board when little rocks have snuck into the treads of my shoes. I hate the feel of that shit scraping on the griptape.

oh god this, if i feel even one stone ill sit down and pick all the crap out of my soles with a stick, also my headphones...

im one of those people that prefer to skate with music in my ears, but sometimes when winding up for a trick/just about to pop my arm gets caught on the cord and i get completley thrown off.

lurkers during a warm up, im not too bothered when im properly skating because im either doing something cool or getting broke off but when im warming up i just look like an idiot

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »
People telling you what trick you should try next. Try it yourself,bitch.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2011, 06:20:06 AM »

ha i had that just the other day, id finally learnt full cabs after ages of bieng so close but yet so far, and as soon as id landed my first one this dude said "you should do a cab flip"

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kids that sit around the park
People that try the same trick for a long time
Trying a trick (ex. 360 flip) if you can barely ollie
[close]
How else are you supposed to learn new tricks?
[close]
I should have been clear. People that are stuck on a trick for days, they don't do anything else besides that one trick. I knew a guy like that.
I hear you, for the longest time there was this guy at the park and the only thing he would do was fs bluntslide attempts on the flat bar all day. Seriously, he would not skate around or do anything besides trying to fs blunt that bar. And to this day, I have never seen him make one.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
Definitely the worst, especially when there is no way that you can do it.  Some kid told me to do an invert after I did a disaster while I was warming up.  Seriously, my disaster leads you to believe that I can do an invert?  Well I decided that I would give it a try for shits and giggles, and I obviously did not do it.  The kid then told me that I could never be pro and walked away.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Definitely the worst, especially when there is no way that you can do it.?  Some kid told me to do an invert after I did a disaster while I was warming up.?  Seriously, my disaster leads you to believe that I can do an invert??  Well I decided that I would give it a try for shits and giggles, and I obviously did not do it.?  The kid then told me that I could never be pro and walked away.

;D i picture that kid wearing a monacle, smoking a corn pipe "you.... will NEVER be pro" *walks away* *puff on pipe nonchalently*

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
flatspots and little rocks on the ground.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2011, 12:55:09 PM »
Having a freshly gripped board and when you go on that first sesh, you try a trick, the board lands upside down and scars up your grip.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:15:07 PM by ChildOfTheBurbs »

Coone

• Rep: -1
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
Little rocks.
Wind, how fukken annoying it is when you get on top of the hill by rolling and your tired of your legs, then you roll down the hill to realised that you have to push and push when your going DOWNHILL.
People who hate skateboarders or try to be funny and makes movment like they are gonna put their leg on your way so you would fly but they dont or throw cigarettes on your way.
People who think that every skateboarder must land their tre's or flips with one try or they suck.
The sharp edge of worn out tail of your board.
It's too embarrassing to fall down on public. I would love to make powerslides everywhere but there is that chance that i fail.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
people who think that skill equates love/ dedication to skating. i'm sorry i work a full time job and have to support myself. I'm sorry i couldnt love skateboarding so goddamn much that i dropped out of high school and lurk the park all day trying to score drugs. assholes.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

sounds expensive

Rambo: The Skateboard Pimp

• Rep: -5
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
Having a freshly gripped board and when you go on that first sesh, you try a trick, the board lands upside down and scars up your grip.

worse is a freshly gripped board, being careful where you push and all of a sudden there's chewing gum and mud and shit and water and other stuff you couldve swore you never put your foot on while pushing. 

and seeing people push mongo is creepy like where the fuck does the urge to do that come from i feel like im staring at their horrible disfigurement.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
worse is a freshly gripped board, being careful where you push and all of a sudden there's chewing gum and mud and shit and water and other stuff you couldve swore you never put your foot on while pushing. and seeing people push mongo is creepy like where the fuck does the urge to do that come from i feel like im staring at their horrible disfigurement.
I once had a skate session where I was the only person who didn't push mongo. It was only two other people with me but still it was weird.

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
- wind

- when a song that reminds me of any of my ex bitches randomly comes on my ipod haha dont judge me

- getting something in my eyes right as i snap a trick

- trying a trick for a while, then having some one do that same trick on the same obstacle right in front of me.
  *Bonus* when they do it with a flip trick added as well just for a little extra piss in my cereal

- getting snaked or skating with inefficient skaters. by that i mean people who you have to wait to stop skating before you can resume. Ex: theres this random guy who shows up at the park everynow and then to play ball on the courts next to it...then he'll always borrow some one's board and try to blunt fakie this 1/4 pipe. Only he needs to drop in, roll over the pyramid, go up the bank, do the slowest kickturn, then return the same route only to fuck up and god help you if youre within 10ft radius of him bailing. 50% chance of him landing on you. Even with perfect timing, you cant skate any obstacle without 75% chance of hitting him, and the dude is completely oblivious.

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
im probably gonna be called a bitch for this but i cant stand when my shoes arnt tight, new grip tape cutting my thumb from doing grabs, scooter kids, small wheels skating spots with cracks, taking forever on easy stuff only to bruise my heel on a skatepark trick'
:/

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
new grip tape cutting my thumb from doing grabs

THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

Jamming thumbs as well..

Also re:above, mongo is ridiculous. Go find a secluded area and spend like 2 days learning to push switch, and you're set. Helped me a lot with my balance/board control, too.

BFKskateboards

« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2011, 07:02:06 PM »
shoes that are just too thrashed to skate