Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 34932 times)

Sk8er4lifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »
Can't skate with cell phone & my keys in my pocket.

Froston

• Rep: 9
  • BeerShits
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
One uppers, People who look to see who is watching after they landed something "cool", Hitting little rocks that you dont see, Flat spots.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 02:52:04 AM »
cruising at full speed down a smooth path or road then hitting a rough patch and slowing down to a crawl. it feels so freaking lame.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 03:31:06 AM »
One uppers, People who look to see who is watching after they landed something "cool", Hitting little rocks that you dont see, Flat spots.

these people make me laugh so much, where im from theres so many of them theyve actually got a name, ball baggers/ ball bagging

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
Wind.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

TheyBannedColic

• Rep: -3
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »
Fake steeze pushes after landing something barely decent or noticeably fake steeze all-around 

I will talk shit on these people all day relentlessly.

kevbo999

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

these people make me laugh so much, where im from theres so many of them theyve actually got a name, ball baggers/ ball bagging

Usually when I'm at the park, if I'm not trying a trick, I'm watching other people.  I'd say most others do the same. 

So maybe I beam unintentionally, but whether I land or bail, it's a habit to look around and see if a) anyone's coming my way, or b) another trick is about to go down.

bandini

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Too much wax.

This! There are park ledges around here that are practically unskateable they're so slippery. These kids need to give the wax a rest - especially on metal-edged ledges fer chrissake...

I'm fine with wax, but the point of it is not to have so much wax that grinding feels like a fucking manual.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Too much wax.
[close]

This! There are park ledges around here that are practically unskateable they're so slippery. These kids need to give the wax a rest - especially on metal-edged ledges fer chrissake...

I'm fine with wax, but the point of it is not to have so much wax that grinding feels like a fucking manual.

Heh, I actually prefer overwaxed stuff, I dont care if its metal, or concrete or whatever, I like if it slides and grinds fast.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
When my shoe has a hole in it and I can see my sock or worse when my sock tears up and I can see my foot. The most annoying thing to me though is when people say, "do a kickflip."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:36:59 PM by BraveUlysses »

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »
sharting

Froston

• BeerShits
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Usually when I'm at the park, if I'm not trying a trick, I'm watching other people.  I'd say most others do the same. 

So maybe I beam unintentionally, but whether I land or bail, it's a habit to look around and see if a) anyone's coming my way, or b) another trick is about to go down.

Im not sure if you understand what i ment.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »

Soft fleshy body. Over it.

jimi420

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »
Wearing a hoodie/jacket. Can't do it unless the jacket is super thin and zipped up with the hood on.
People that talk to you between tries. don't try to have a full blown conversation while i'm concentrating.
People sitting on the mini.
Ugly bitches at the park

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
I used to have Jack-Off before I skate, but now I have to have decent bearings and shit has to be waxed.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
When my shoe has a hole in it and I can see my sock or worse when my sock tears up and I can see my foot. The most annoying thing to me though is when people say, "do a kickflip."
Whenever a kid or something says to do a kickflip I always oblige because if I were a kid I'd feel bummed if I asked somebody to do one and they blew me off.  But whenever I do one for a kid it always ends up being the shittiest mobbed kickflip ever, even though my kickflips are pretty good if I do say so myself.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Froston

• BeerShits
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Whenever a kid or something says to do a kickflip I always oblige because if I were a kid I'd feel bummed if I asked somebody to do one and they blew me off.  But whenever I do one for a kid it always ends up being the shittiest mobbed kickflip ever, even though my kickflips are pretty good if I do say so myself.

It depends how old or young the person is, if its a kid ill just do one, but if its a older person i just tell them i dont skate.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
spit - who likes spit all over their grip?   no one, so why not spit where no one is going to skate?

wind -  no point in skating.

too much wax - wax your board/trucks, its not my fault you can't grind or slide.     

conversing - i came to skate not chat.  get on aim/twitter/bbm/fb and chat away.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
jocks yelling, "skate or die bro's!"

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
spit - who likes spit all over their grip?   no one, so why not spit where no one is going to skate?
This.

My park is a massive shithole. Theres spit, bits of old food/candy and bird shit all over the place. Every session I get something new stuck to my grip. Finished today with massive pigeon shit  across the nose and a chewed up mint smeared into the middle.

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
Skating around with a coat or having a bag with stuff in it, but wanting to do a trick. I just know i cant skate with stuff in the bag, but i want to try a trick!

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »
oh and, skating with a jacket unzipped where it flutters around in the air and shit

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 04:28:00 AM »
i probably shouldnt have read this thread, now i have all of these annoyances aswell  :-\

superslopp

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
skating downtown with a camera bag. i'm afraid to bomb hills with it; one crack and that camera is done for.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
*When other people want to skate my board, i can't stand it, and it seems like it'a always someone who dosent skate.

*When I'm skating with headphones on and people try to talk to me.

*Showing up at the park and their are TONS of 5-10 year olds in the way.

*When i'm skating a ledge/box and it slides perfectly, and then i see someone wax the fuck out of it.

*Shinners

*Skating around a bunch of people

*About to land a trick, but i have to wait for some little kid trying something he's never gonna land.

*Watching little kids skate in spandex jeans, not really a peeve, just hilarious.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
too much wax is a big one, especially from rollerbladers. Its bad enough on ledges, but what the hell are they thinking waxing up the LANDING to a gap!?

superslopp

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
too much wax is a big one, especially from rollerbladers. Its bad enough on ledges, but what the hell are they thinking waxing up the LANDING to a gap!?

wait, people actually do that? i thought that was a joke?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nope, i even saw a kid wax the wierdest place the other day... the landing off a ledge, i still dont understand why youd wax there especially as he was just going for boardslide... also i did some tricks on the ledge and if youve got enuff speed to actually do anything you "gap over" the was anyway, strange.

also something quite funny, the other day there were loooads of people skating the park and at one point the same kid was about to wax the top of the manual pad  ??? in unison the whole park screamed "NOOOOOOOOO" at him, he looked up and almost shat himself at 30-40 people shouting at him

superslopp

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 06:31:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nope, i even saw a kid wax the wierdest place the other day... the landing off a ledge, i still dont understand why youd wax there especially as he was just going for boardslide... also i did some tricks on the ledge and if youve got enuff speed to actually do anything you "gap over" the was anyway, strange.

also something quite funny, the other day there were loooads of people skating the park and at one point the same kid was about to wax the top of the manual pad  ??? in unison the whole park screamed "NOOOOOOOOO" at him, he looked up and almost shat himself at 30-40 people shouting at him

whoa, that definitely isn't okay. my local park is pretty slippery to begin with, so maybe that's why i've never witnessed this phenomenon myself. the closest thing i've seen to that is when kids wax the side of the mini ramp, cause there's a one inch high drop down off the mini, so kids will wax it to learn 50-50s and stuff. however once they've got the basics down they'll go ahead and wax the top of the 'ledge' too (like where you would wax a normal ledge to lipslide and stuff). so now when you're skating the mini, you have to avoid the sides of the ramp or you slide out and die. the only advantage of this is that you can do slappies for dayzzzzzzz but it's definitely not worth it.