Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 34929 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
^ I'm constantly amazed at the places people decide to sit, and how often it'll be on the thing I'm trying to skate.

It happens so often now, that I'm beginning to wonder if my subconscious LOOKS for where people are sitting, when I'm deciding what to skate next.
And if thats the case, then I might as well be sitting down myself, blocking myself from skating whatever it is.
Damn sitters...they're all up in my head...sitting.
@idealhandmades

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
^ I'm constantly amazed at the places people decide to sit, and how often it'll be on the thing I'm trying to skate.

It happens so often now, that I'm beginning to wonder if my subconscious LOOKS for where people are sitting, when I'm deciding what to skate next.
And if thats the case, then I might as well be sitting down myself, blocking myself from skating whatever it is.
Damn sitters...they're all up in my head...sitting.

overweight dads in birkenstocks sitting on the ledge? its the best

im probably lying

Extremely Sorry

• Rep: -2
  • Harsh.
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I hate it when really obnoxious kids spit all over the place before trying a trick. It's even worse when you step in one by accident and it gets all over your griptape.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
i dont mind em when someones alone at the park but headphones when their STREET skating with a bunch of friends.

when my nose/tail get flimsy. i fucking hate that shit. i dont care about shape, barely care about deck size & i get used to shoes in like 10 minutes, but a flimsy board drives me nuts! thats the ONE thing im super picky about with my setup.

these lame ass neighborhood kids who "skate" this abandoned lot with a loading dock & DIY ledge by my house. these fuckers will come in big ass groups with ugly bitches and little kids on scooters. theyre loud as fuck and im sure its only a matter of time before someone in the neighborhood complains about it. they dont do shit either, they just push funny and flail their board in the air or at the obstacle and never get close to what theyre trying. fuckers even brought a shitty ass quarterpipe there! steep as fuck and you catch the bottom super easy. fuckin pisses me off whenever i just wanna be mellow and work on a few things then i go there and its like a fucking playground.

also groups of SKATERS sitting on this tall bike rail at one of the local parks. people barely skate it except me so they think its aiiight to sit there for 20 minutes. just cuz yall whack asses cant ollie that high doesnt mean you gotta ruin it for me!
be a dick. shoot your board into some ankles, and don't be scared to heckle mercilessly. embarass them into finding someplace else to kook it.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

FiftyScent

« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont mind em when someones alone at the park but headphones when their STREET skating with a bunch of friends.

when my nose/tail get flimsy. i fucking hate that shit. i dont care about shape, barely care about deck size & i get used to shoes in like 10 minutes, but a flimsy board drives me nuts! thats the ONE thing im super picky about with my setup.

these lame ass neighborhood kids who "skate" this abandoned lot with a loading dock & DIY ledge by my house. these fuckers will come in big ass groups with ugly bitches and little kids on scooters. theyre loud as fuck and im sure its only a matter of time before someone in the neighborhood complains about it. they dont do shit either, they just push funny and flail their board in the air or at the obstacle and never get close to what theyre trying. fuckers even brought a shitty ass quarterpipe there! steep as fuck and you catch the bottom super easy. fuckin pisses me off whenever i just wanna be mellow and work on a few things then i go there and its like a fucking playground.

also groups of SKATERS sitting on this tall bike rail at one of the local parks. people barely skate it except me so they think its aiiight to sit there for 20 minutes. just cuz yall whack asses cant ollie that high doesnt mean you gotta ruin it for me!
[close]
be a dick. shoot your board into some ankles, and don't be scared to heckle mercilessly. embarass them into finding someplace else to kook it.

im gonna have to...ol bitch ass niggas.

i wish yall could see the fuckery that goes on there. perfect abandoned lot with a small and large loading dock, & a diy ledge & euro. can skate anytime when theres sun out. its sick as fuck but theres a neighborhood right across the street. they never care when its me and my crew skating (and we roll deep) but its only a matter of time before these lames make it a bust. im getting pissed just thinking about it lol

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:46 PM »
you gotta regulate. if you want that spot to last, make the kooks feel incredibly unwelcome.  a few intentional collisions and broken razor scooters should do the trick.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • rawr
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »
fuck their bitches. you should take a picture of what goes on there when its in full swing with the scooter kids im sure so many people would love to see this

im probably lying

FiftyScent

« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:42 PM »
the spots really starting to blow up. yesterday some older guy showed up while . me & one of my friends rigged one of the kids flatbars down the drop for a lil down rail. this guy, pushing mongo with a shitty element board & mall store etnies, trys to boardslide down it and racks himself while kneeing the the cinderblocks at the bottom. after like, 30 seconds he gets up and trys it again, pretty much doing the same thing except he landed on his inner thigh and didnt totally eat the pavement. fucking hilarious. its basically a skatepark now, 1-5 real skaters at any given time, then you got the pedestrians who think its the new "hang out spot" on nice days, & to top it off about 3-4 posers wholl usually show up on the weekend.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
people snaking/

trash/pebbles at a spot.

random lurkers who kill the vibe of the session by being loud/absurd (mostly crack heads and lurkers).

people getting in the way/sitting on what you're trying to skate.

being the only person with a water bottle - every one asks  to get a swig!

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • rawr
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »
damn zipper wont stay up sometimes.

im probably lying

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2011, 02:50:37 AM »
this is a lame one, but here goes.

I dont mind freestyle, its a part of skating history and it is a fun little distraction from street every now and then. a casper or two while messing around on flat doesn't hurt. but tons of kids in an effort to mimic rodney i assume, do casper 360, 540 whatever flips but never balance it. one foot on the tail the other on the ground. cheating a freestyle trick.

a lame pet peeve but whatever.

Benny Hanna

• Rep: -5
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Random lurkers
Rain and snow
People with shitty attitudes
hitting stones

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2011, 01:31:36 AM »
It really bothers me if I'm at a park and kids ask me for money. One side of me feels sorry for them and wants to give them a dollar, but, they (should) obviously have a parent/guardian/whoever to provide for them.

jimi420

« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
It really bothers me if I'm at a park and kids ask me for money. One side of me feels sorry for them and wants to give them a dollar, but, they (should) obviously have a parent/guardian/whoever to provide for them.
Not every kid has a parent or guardian to give them money. Times is rough.

immagetchuwet

« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »
thugs chilling at the skatepark starting shit with everyone. people standing in front of something im trying to skate. i always look up in the middle of the trick and end up getting worked when it happens

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2011, 07:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the kids at the park around me who ask for money normally want it for an energy drink or some cigarettes

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if theyve got enough money to buy them a skateboard they should have 50cents for a drink

jimi420

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if theyve got enough money to buy them a skateboard they should have 50cents for a drink
I guess it depends on the region. around here alot of kids have shitty 2 year old setups

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »
Kids screaming and tic tacking around with no purpose

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »
kids with rollers!!

FiftyScent

« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
skating a gap or something and having boogers/snot flying out of your nose when you land. even if it doesnt come all the way out its weird and annoying.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:48:13 AM by FiftyScent »

apad88

« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2011, 12:56:12 AM »
Random people trying to stop me from skating a street spot, like not even security just "concerned" citizens

Captain Krooks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #292 on: October 25, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »
This is gonna sound stupid but CARS. I like to skate flat by myself for a couple of hours a night. It amazes me how many cars will randomly pull into an empty fucking parking lot and drive around where Im skating. The goddamned parking lot is the size of a fucking mall and the always come right over where Im at. And people spitting on the ground, fucking spit in the grass, the mulch where the fuck ever just not on the shit Im rolling on.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
skating a gap or something and having boogers/snot flying out of your nose when you land. even if it doesnt come all the way out its weird and annoying.

Haha, that happens to me all the time.

Another annoying thing: Kids who spits all around the park on purpose. Recently I yelled at some shitkid at my local park for doing it, I think the little fucker and his friends really hate me now. haha

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #294 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote
One uppers, People who look to see who is watching after they landed something "cool", Hitting little rocks that you dont see, Flat spots.
[close]

these people make me laugh so much, where im from theres so many of them theyve actually got a name, ball baggers/ ball bagging

Ha we call that "beaming".

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #295 on: November 01, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »
Getting kicked out of a spot passive aggressively, people who are complete dicks right from the start and concerned citizens kicking me out in any way. If you are kicking me out it better be your home, school or work and you should ask me politely but directly... I still hate you though.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
Skating with people who talk too much

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #297 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »
- Children on Bikes. Still never get how parents let their kids into park with such mayhem going on around them. Reminds me of sweet pea in Popeye...sometime they don't make it though.
- Parents walking around in the Park guarding their scooter kid
- Stupid kids who set up and plop 10 feet in front of you to skate the same thing and just get in your way
- Garbage at the Park when bins/cans are all around
- Kids doing fly outs in the bowl
- Underwear riding up is awful on a hot day...
- Rollerbladers giving you warning they are waxing a ledge. Skate faster you pussy. Wax in general is regular after a certain point. It's not gona make you land the trick.
- Headphones (you're just a drag on everyone around you in so many ways...it's been described here nicely..,)
- Seeing Shake Junt Grip on every young kid's board. Same goes for Altamont and Baker anything...shit is such exploitative young whack B.S. 
- Longboarders at the Skate park. Go bomb a hill or just go snowboard.
- Cameras/iPods/iPads/Technology while skating. Disconnect from your technology infused stupid life for maybe an hour.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2011, 03:52:07 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=51586.msg1554091#msg1554091 date=1320245627
- Children on Bikes. Still never get how parents let their kids into park with such mayhem going on around them. Reminds me of sweet pea in Popeye...sometime they don't make it though.
- Parents walking around in the Park guarding their scooter kid
- Stupid kids who set up and plop 10 feet in front of you to skate the same thing and just get in your way
- Garbage at the Park when bins/cans are all around
- Kids doing fly outs in the bowl
- Underwear riding up is awful on a hot day...
- Rollerbladers giving you warning they are waxing a ledge. Skate faster you pussy. Wax in general is regular after a certain point. It's not gona make you land the trick.
- Headphones (you're just a drag on everyone around you in so many ways...it's been described here nicely..,)
- Seeing Shake Junt Grip on every young kid's board. Same goes for Altamont and Baker anything...shit is such exploitative young whack B.S. 
- Longboarders at the Skate park. Go bomb a hill or just go snowboard.
- Cameras/iPods/iPads/Technology while skating. Disconnect from your technology infused stupid life for maybe an hour.

HAHA, the kids on bike thing is always bad but i get fun out of it now. theres a 2 foot high wallie wall in our park that for some reason kids always think they can just ride their bike down it, but they obviously just flip over the handlebars and slam every time. i find this hilarious, especially as it doesnt hurt them because theyre so small and just flop over the bars easily, i find it really hard not to laugh and get bad attention from their mum

also when a roller blader warns you hes gonna wax the fuck outta something, just say "doesnt matter im gonna darkslide it" then try a dark slide and remove all the wax, BING

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
^ that makes me actually want to learn darkslides
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.