Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves while skating.  (Read 34928 times)

FART BOY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Biggest pet peeves while skating.
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
- When i'm skating alone and trying to just have a relaxing day, the random kids who show up and act WAY overly hyped up and annoying.
- People who constantly spit. I never saw the point of that. Usually ends up on my board.
- That one person who bathes the ledge or rail in wax.
- The cool crew who acts like they own the spot and don't even give you a simple nod.
- People who turn skating in one big math equation. "I found the problem to my trick, I have to flip the board while leaning back at a 45 degree angle and land both feet on my bolts". Something along the lines of that, It sounds incredible dumb. Which almost all of the time they never land it the next try.
- The one who always yells "Next try" and never gets it.
- Cig bummers. I don't care if its one or two, especially if its a friend. But when you constantly ask, and then stand around like you know I have some.. which i probably do. You can fuck off.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
- When i'm skating alone and trying to just have a relaxing day, the random kids who show up and act WAY overly hyped up and annoying.
- People who constantly spit. I never saw the point of that. Usually ends up on my board.
- That one person who bathes the ledge or rail in wax.
- The cool crew who acts like they own the spot and don't even give you a simple nod.
- People who turn skating in one big math equation. "I found the problem to my trick, I have to flip the board while leaning back at a 45 degree angle and land both feet on my bolts". Something along the lines of that, It sounds incredible dumb. Which almost all of the time they never land it the next try.
- The one who always yells "Next try" and never gets it.
- Cig bummers. I don't care if its one or two, especially if its a friend. But when you constantly ask, and then stand around like you know I have some.. which i probably do. You can fuck off.

FUCKING THIS^^
i got a friend exactly like this, it gets old fast. We always film and stuff and he says that everytime he doesnt land it that try, he always gets the trick after like 30 mins or more, it's hell to listen to

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
- Children on Bikes. Still never get how parents let their kids into park with such mayhem going on around them. Reminds me of sweet pea in Popeye...sometime they don't make it though.
- Parents walking around in the Park guarding their scooter kid
- Stupid kids who set up and plop 10 feet in front of you to skate the same thing and just get in your way
- Garbage at the Park when bins/cans are all around
- Kids doing fly outs in the bowl
- Underwear riding up is awful on a hot day...
- Rollerbladers giving you warning they are waxing a ledge. Skate faster you pussy. Wax in general is regular after a certain point. It's not gona make you land the trick.
- Headphones (you're just a drag on everyone around you in so many ways...it's been described here nicely..,)
- Seeing Shake Junt Grip on every young kid's board. Same goes for Altamont and Baker anything...shit is such exploitative young whack B.S. 
- Longboarders at the Skate park. Go bomb a hill or just go snowboard.
- Cameras/iPods/iPads/Technology while skating. Disconnect from your technology infused stupid life for maybe an hour.
[close]

HAHA, the kids on bike thing is always bad but i get fun out of it now. theres a 2 foot high wallie wall in our park that for some reason kids always think they can just ride their bike down it, but they obviously just flip over the handlebars and slam every time. i find this hilarious, especially as it doesnt hurt them because theyre so small and just flop over the bars easily, i find it really hard not to laugh and get bad attention from their mum

also when a roller blader warns you hes gonna wax the fuck outta something, just say "doesnt matter im gonna darkslide it" then try a dark slide and remove all the wax, BING
^ that makes me actually want to learn darkslides
yeah, that way, you can get the wax off the ledge, and onto your griptape. win-win!
i just can't believe people let rollerbladers into a park long enough to bust out wax in the first place.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2011, 02:47:05 AM »
^ that makes me actually want to learn darkslides

caveman into it. its easy as on a ledge and even if you dont get out of it say good bye to all that wax.

I kinda do this but i never tell people my thoughts they would look at me like i'm insane. occasionally you'll see me muttering some tip to remember for next try or whinge that that try should have been the one. its my process to land a trick thats difficult for me, nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:55:06 AM by landCow »

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
Skating with people who talk too much

YES! Shut the fuck up and skate!! Get to a skatepark or spot with like 45 minutes of sunlight left and they want to tell me about a trick someone did in some video or some irrelevant story. Small chit chat is no issue, but it's the people who want to tell this elaborate fucking story or have an indepth conversation, bleh. Most annoying shit ever, after a while I just go the rude route and skate away at the first opportunity.

Chriskates

• Rep: 0
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
When you're a try away from something and two cops pull up and lecture you about safety and how you suck in general

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
i hate it when kids are at a skatepark and completely ruin the flow of everything by insisting on doing some jump down something that is in the middle of everything.  like, standing there and yelling for everyone to get out of the way so they can ollie down a fucking drop off, into where everyone would normally be skating by.  and then not land it.  repeat over and over.   i guess it's the same gripe as kids playing skate but to me that doesn't bug me as much.  it does seem regular to go to a skatepark that has all kinds of cool shit, and just want to ollie down something.  i'm old though

related to people yelling at people to get out of the way..  i hate it when people yell for you to get out of the way.  it's one thing if you are an idiot sitting on a ledge or with your feet dangling in tranny, but if someone's in an acceptable spot to be standing and you want to do a trick there, that's cool, but ask politely.  not in a tone that suggests that you own the park and suggests that you want to have your ass kicked
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »
i hate it when kids are at a skatepark and completely ruin the flow of everything by insisting on doing some jump down something that is in the middle of everything.  like, standing there and yelling for everyone to get out of the way so they can ollie down a fucking drop off, into where everyone would normally be skating by.  and then not land it.  repeat over and over.   i guess it's the same gripe as kids playing skate but to me that doesn't bug me as much.  it does seem regular to go to a skatepark that has all kinds of cool shit, and just want to ollie down something.  i'm old though

related to people yelling at people to get out of the way..  i hate it when people yell for you to get out of the way.  it's one thing if you are an idiot sitting on a ledge or with your feet dangling in tranny, but if someone's in an acceptable spot to be standing and you want to do a trick there, that's cool, but ask politely.  not in a tone that suggests that you own the park and suggests that you want to have your ass kicked

kids doing this with scooters -_-

TonyBologna

« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2011, 07:02:24 AM »
The people who pretend to own the skatepark.
Kids that come up to the park vibing on everyone, being obnoxious, usually spitting out rap rhymes.
The spit everywhere, every minute fuckers, I always step in that shit.
Kids sitting on the ledges.
Like when people want to have picnic on a ledge, bottles of this and that. I am the dick that grinds it and knocks it all everywhere.
The friends that you take out to skate, and then they just sit around bummed the whole time.
Friends you take out to skate, and they hate every spot you go to. SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE?!
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2011, 05:35:50 AM »
I hate it when parents let their kids loose in a skate park and then get mad when I tell them to get out of the way
razor tail, just pisses me off
tight trucks
to much wax, anywhere

BraveUlysses

« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Skating with people who talk too much
[close]

YES! Shut the fuck up and skate!! Get to a skatepark or spot with like 45 minutes of sunlight left and they want to tell me about a trick someone did in some video or some irrelevant story. Small chit chat is no issue, but it's the people who want to tell this elaborate fucking story or have an indepth conversation, bleh. Most annoying shit ever, after a while I just go the rude route and skate away at the first opportunity.
I try to avoid one of my friends who talks too much while skating. The worse part is they talk about nothing. Yesterday I heard a lot of "do a hardflip do a hardflip hit the rail" from this person. They also said "do you know what a cocksucker is?" Just irrelevant stupid bullshit the whole time.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
yeah that shit wears on me too. if it's a homie and it's they're trying to light a fire under you it can be motivational. if it's some goober then 'shut up and skate' comes up again. why you wasting time telling me what tricks to do? you got a board, use it.

for some people skating is more of a socializing thing than anything, i don't get it. we all love talking about it but only cause we love doing it.

Peyton Johnson

• Rep: -1
« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
eating shit because i hit a pebble
shits fucked up haha

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
eating shit because i hit a pebble
shits fucked up haha
i destroyed my left hand by hitting a small plastic dinosaur a month ago and it still hurt
scaphoid fucked ?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:34 AM »
random dudes giving me tips on how to do a trick that i've done many times before, but need longer for it on that day.
"you have to lean forward, and go faster"
and then, when you make it they give you a high five and have that "i told you..." look on their face.

apad88

« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2011, 04:59:06 AM »
Interracial gay couples having sex on ledges I'm trying to skate. happens a lot more often than you think

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2011, 06:49:28 AM »
you don't have to wax it after, positive point 8)

Anthony

• Rep: -6
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »
When people get mad and throw their board. Pretty much people getting pissed off in general tends to kill the whole mood. Like you can tell there not having fun at all so why even bother? They get way to serious as if there filming for the next transworld video or something, your putting a little edit up on youtube calm down.

oziekozy

« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »
people filming shit...just for no reason.
I-pods
kids who talk about how they need a new board/shoes/wheels etc.
arguments over steez, that kind of shit.
people who are competitive
the suburban kids who come in to my local skatepark, and just do flatground in the bowls (people actually do this shit).
the suburban kids who bmx.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »
dirty griptape

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
people filming shit...just for no reason.
I-pods
kids who talk about how they need a new board/shoes/wheels etc.
arguments over steez, that kind of shit.
people who are competitive
the suburban kids who come in to my local skatepark, and just do flatground in the bowls (people actually do this shit).
the suburban kids who bmx.

I don't think the kids who talk about getting new stuff is that big of a deal, when I say that I mean the ones who actually need it. What annoys me is when I hear people saying they need a new deck/shoes/whatever and what they're using is basically brand new, They're throwing out cash for the hell out of it.

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2011, 05:41:59 PM »
i was at my local INDOOR park, and somehow these dumbasses in there on scooters and shit.
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

Killyourdreams

« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
Banging a skatepark milf , then the next morning having to watch her dog...

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »
Skating into Mordor, snapping a kingpin 5 minutes in, and having to walk all the way back home like a giant asshole.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
Skating into Mordor, snapping a kingpin 5 minutes in, and having to walk all the way back home like a giant asshole.

One does not simply skate into Mordor.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW