Author Topic: where are all the cool places to go in NEW ORLEANS?  (Read 2381 times)

Dragon Slayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
where are all the cool places to go in NEW ORLEANS?
« on: March 13, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
me and this girl are going to NOLA in like April or something. neither of us have been there. She doesn't skateboard or whatever because she's too precious. BUT I will skate sometimes while she goes shopping. THE REAL QUESTION is is where are the hot clubs? where do I get the best po-boys? the oyster bar? Do any of you live there that I can buy pot off of? I'll be there over 420 and I will need pot for that day so I can get all sentimental about Hitler's birthday. OK guys also mention some skating spots too for my day trips. I will probs be rollin around by my lonesome unless some local fools wanna bust a nut or something. YOU GUYS R GREAT, hit me the fuck up about this.
college is for people who can't rap

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
Re: where are all the cool places to go in NEW ORLEANS?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
Bars- Ms. Mae's on the corner of Magazine and Napoleon. $2 drinks 24/7/365. It's insane. Pretty gross but unparalleled as far as a dive bar goes. Also has my all-time favorite bar game of all time- air hockey. Good jukebox too.

Further down Napoleon is Tipitina's one of the most storied venues in the country. Definitely try to catch a show there. You can blow down whenever, security is non-existent.

Maple Leaf is another great music venue. Rebirth Brass Band plays every Tuesday.

Frenchman Street is closer to the French Quarter and has a good row of a couple bars. Blue Nile, dba, a reggae one and some other stuff. Good music out there too. Scene is pretty weird. Nitrous tanks are not uncommon.

The Bulldog on Magazine St. is the beer bar. I think they have 150 available.

Bourbon Street sucks and can get pretty fucking sketchy. It's aight to have a drink and walk down to check it out, but don't stay for long.

Late nights (3am and beyond) F&M's on Tchoupitoulas. Best cheese fries ever. Tons of sluts dancing upstairs.

If by "hot clubs" you want like loud techno music, molly, and bright lights there's this place Ampersand downtown.

Po Boys- Crabby Jack's. Honestly though I've never had a bad po boy in the city.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Dragon Slayer

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
word thanks for the info on all that. be checking out most that shit I'm sure. by hot clubs I just meant dance clubs, not really techno or house or whatever. more gay shit. Lots of dudes dancing around and singing along to gaga songs or some shit. idk. whatever.
college is for people who can't rap

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
word thanks for the info on all that. be checking out most that shit I'm sure. by hot clubs I just meant dance clubs, not really techno or house or whatever. more gay shit. Lots of dudes dancing around and singing along to gaga songs or some shit. idk. whatever.

F&M's. And The Boot, which is pretty much on Tulane's campus.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Snake Stake

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »
Snake n Jakes is pretty cool, I saw Luke Wilson there once. Also if you go on the right night everyone is fucking crazy and you'll definitely remember the night. It's more of a late night bar though.

Edit: Oh and for the dance club shit, I've never been but Republic is where a bunch of kids I know go for dancing and FUCK.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:28:05 PM by Snake Stake »

Snake Stake

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
I still haven't found any really cool spots if anyone can help with that?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:51 AM »
NOPE

Snake Stake

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »
Speaking of gay, you can't go to Bourbon without visiting the OZ at least once. It's amazing. It's pretty much the longest running gay club in the city that I know of, but you and your girl will seriously have a blast. You can act a fool.

Off of Bourbon is a little pub called Erin Rose, which is pretty quiet but it's almost all locals and you can get into some really good bullshitting with people.

As for skating- the Riverwalk in the evening has a few different things (it can be a bust, but still), also close to the Superdome are the Pancakes...|

(random pic off of Google).

Shout when you're down... might be able to help you on the 420.

PS: Sonic's given you some good stuff to check out. You'll find something fun no matter where you go.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:32:01 AM by grimcity »

gkn00dlez

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
Previous replys have noted some good bars and food, and you can always Yelp that shit. It's hard to find bad food here. But as far as spots go, in the past they have been hard to find but some locals have been hard at work prepping for the summer and building spots everywhere.

the city even built one for us.

my favorite spot in the city (but it is sketchy as fuck) is this old pool in St. Roch, dead center of a terrible neighborhood.

and finally two of the best spots in the city that have been around for a minute
(posting links b/c the photos are pretty big)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lZtud3fEEQM/TYfQ2mmtjsI/AAAAAAAACcc/N-zfZ865upU/s1600/susie4.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vgQ73lDONZc/TYfQ2HDOsII/AAAAAAAACcU/mFoupcagQRY/s1600/susie3.jpg

All photos credited to whoever shot them (Todd, G, etc), I just pulled them off of a local blog.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:10:38 AM by gkn00dlez »