Author Topic: THAT'S LIFE  (Read 1529 times)

kevbo999

THAT'S LIFE
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
Strubing and Fowler, veterans in their prime.  Silva and Shimizu, full parts of gnarly sleep skating.  Corey and Leo, who killed it then and haven't slowed down after nearly 10 years.

Foundation used to be on point.  Every part in this video has sick, stylish ripping and good music.  Maybe I was just young and impressionable, but I still think it's a better watch than most videos of today. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:44:29 PM by Otis Shredding »

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: THAT'S LIFE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
Half of the parts in that video were rad, and half the parts in that video were forgettable at best. Leo sucked back than, Matt Allen faded into obscurity for obvious reasons, Angel Ramirez still sucks, and Gareth Stehr is a joke.

Justin's part, however, is one of my all times favorites. Mike's part is rad as fuck, too

Also, Ethan Fowler was in his prime during this video? Right.

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

TheBouncingSoul

• Rep: -2
  • Beauty in simplicity.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:58 PM »
Mike Rusczyk. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Dude rips and has an awesome style of skateboarding. I still can't pronounce his last name for the life of me.

steven

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Mike Rusczyk has great style.  His pro gig was short and sweet.  Is he still popping up in videos anywhere since the F days?
Hell yeah...keep skateboarding gay.

Or the jocks win.

people who work in the brains department aren't easily wowed

pollutedvision

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
I popped this in a couple days ago, i didnt watch it for two years or so, and i still love it, kinda nostalgic with the music, and the skating is timeless.
Tony Silva has got great style

clamy

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
Half of the parts in that video were rad, and half the parts in that video were forgettable at best. Leo sucked back than, Matt Allen faded into obscurity for obvious reasons, Angel Ramirez still sucks, and Gareth Stehr is a joke.

You're fucking stupid, that's still one of my favourite parts he has put out. That one rail near the end he destroys, kickflip front board, kickflip front 50, sw crook and sw back 50. Who sw back 50s handrails going that fast and making it look almost regular? Not to mention everything else he does, I love that part.

And, I love this video. It was one of the first videos I had seen as a kid, I still have the burnt copy my friend lent me, although later I bought the real copy. The burnt copy is the only thing that works in my new laptop (stupid dvd decoder) and it's all i've been watching since I moved since my other dvds won't work.

Music is on point, good editing, couple of parts I like to skip but Leo's part is gnarly like always, Tony Silva's part is a really good watch and I want to see more of him, same with Shimizu. ? That back blunt Strubing does on that marble ledge where the old dude is trying to steal his board is amazing. ? one of the best tricks in the video. Ethan's part is pure style. Great video despite a couple of parts.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »
duffels part made me wanna do handrails
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »
Matt Allen's status remains a mystery.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »
fowler did some of the best back tails ever in that part. fucking rad

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:35 AM »
Mike Rusczyk has great style.  His pro gig was short and sweet.  Is he still popping up in videos anywhere since the F days?

he had a nice part in their last video but he retired for good after that.... i liked how he and justin strubing skated really differently from the rest of the team....  strubing's part made me want to go out and learn back tails....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jimi420

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 06:01:56 AM »
Videos like this are what got me ready to skate when I had just started. I downloaded this, Dying to Live, New Blood, and Slaughterhouse off of Limewire and watched them religiously. The intro with King Crimson is still one of my favorites. Corey destroying massive sets, Leo killing rails and Ethan Fowler. Hahaha also the first time i watched Cataclysmic Abyss I didn't realize they replaced Shimizu with Nguyen, I just thought his style changed.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »
i rember watching a shitty copy of this a friend had dloaded for me and burnt to dvd, i watched it NON stop and eventually got a areal copy of it after rinsing the fake one, always made me wanna go bigger cos of duffels parts tbh, first video part id seen by him and was seriously impressed.
enjoyed stehrs part cos he always stuck out and seemed all round gnarly and balls out.
wasnt into ethan fowlers part that much but his cataclysmic abyss part changed my opinion of him for the better, and i do always rember liking his art bars part ALOT, which was again a terrible pixel-fest of a download.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.