Author Topic: independent trucks with bones bushings  (Read 32770 times)

maggotspawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: independent trucks with bones bushings
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
I couldn't get Bones bushings to fit a set of Indy 139 Stage 10's. Had to take a grinder to the top bushing. Got some Indy replacement bushings, same deal.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
I tried breaking in stock Indy bushings last summer for like a week and it felt like garbage the whole time. I put some Bones in and it felt like my old board in five minutes of tweaking. Shit is for real, and I hate gimmicks with a passion.

emmetjenks

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
I don't know if this is just me but I guess I'm just not picky in my set up. I went from Thunders to Indys, to Indys with bones hard bushings and I honestly didn't notice to much change.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »
independent Venture sucks with bones bushings

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
I don't know if this is just me but I guess I'm just not picky in my set up. I went from Thunders to Indys, to Indys with bones hard bushings and I honestly didn't notice to much change.

nyjah?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
Mwhahaha!

Randozzi

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 12:37:25 AM »
Stage 11s with med. bones are smooth fun.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
For stage 10s I would use the Indy aftermarket "genuine parts" bushings which are 94A. For me this is necessary because I'm not a skinny little kid (In my 30s, currently about 200lbs). With those bushings the trucks would turn and carve decently but wheelbite was somewhat reduced.

Stage 11s turn deeper than the 10s and were designed to be used with a short barrel bottom bushing (not cone) to avoid wheelbite. Problem is, most of the companies that make bushings as well as Indy themselves are not offering harder bushings in a short barrel shape at this time. NHS says they want to sell through the existing stock of cone sets before doing a run of genuine parts with the barrel bottom. So, not a lot of choices out there if you want a bottom barrel bushing on your Stage 11s.

I bought a set of Khiro blacks, which are 95A and put them in the trucks. Not totally satisfied with the way they feel, but they're okay. Certainly better than stock Indy bushings anyway.

Now, I've other people's setups with Indys and bones and didn't like the way they felt at all. I also don't like the idea of plastic insert bushings either.

However, I was recently gifted a set of Thunders in an online drawing, and the package included a free set of Bones hard bushings. I believe these are 96A.  I just tried them in my Stage 11 159s (with no bottom washer and kingpin about flush with the nut) and wow, these things are squirrely as hell. I know a lot of big dudes swear by Bones hard bushings but these are not for me. Maybe if you like your trucks extremely loose and surfy, these bushings are the ticket, but if you ride more on the medium side and like bigger wheels (I have 56mm on this setup) these bushings are not well suited for the stage 11s at all. I got wheelbite just by leaning from side to side and not rolling at all. My guess is it's due to the bottom cone with no washer which doesn't limit the turning as much as the bottom barrels, which again, are the type of bushing these trucks were designed for. Oh, and I'm not getting any of the much hyped super rebound/return to center on these things either. They just feel like riding extremely loose trucks.

Now, for shits and giggles I'm going to try running the Khiro barrels on the bottom of the trucks with the Bones hard bushings on top. Maybe this will work OK.

SUCKS

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
I couldn't get Bones bushings to fit a set of Indy 139 Stage 10's. Had to take a grinder to the top bushing. Got some Indy replacement bushings, same deal.

u might be doing it wrong. if youre having trouble, crack the box open and read the instructions. were they brand new trucks?. ive never had any trouble with this. and i usually ride the indy stock bushings on my 139s flush with the nut and both washers until they are cracked(usually about 2-3 months) or i have enough $$ then i get medium bones with top washer only. it makes my trucks feel so good every time. i have them on my cruiser board too. its the best

maggotspawn

• Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

u might be doing it wrong. if youre having trouble, crack the box open and read the instructions. were they brand new trucks?. ive never had any trouble with this. and i usually ride the indy stock bushings on my 139s flush with the nut and both washers until they are cracked(usually about 2-3 months) or i have enough $$ then i get medium bones with top washer only. it makes my trucks feel so good every time. i have them on my cruiser board too. its the best
I figured it out. Got sent Indy Low 139's.