Author Topic: HELP - Need Travel Trips  (Read 988 times)

Omamori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
HELP - Need Travel Trips
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »
Long story short, never traveled on my own, only with parents. So I have no idea how to travel cheaply. We have some travelers on this forum and I'll need all the help I can get. I would really appreciate how I can cut cost on hotels/hostels, trains, flights, food, souvenirs, etc while doing things outside of tourist bullshit. I want to be seen as a traveler, not a tourist. I'm dying to leave the states and go somewhere else, hopefully a trip can be done next spring or summer. I more than appreciate all responses.

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
Re: HELP - Need Travel Trips
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
Here are some tips: take for what its worth..

-Pack half the amount of cloths and plan on bring twice the amount of money.. I say that because, its always better to pick up what you need while you travel and then have room in your pack to bring souvenirs back stuff..
*35 Liters is probably enough for a backpack size if you plan on backpacking..

-Its usually cheaper to buy food from the grocery store, then to eat out at restaurants every meal.. But if you plan on going to spain, I would recommend eating at Maoz Falafel's.. It's a chain that is all over spain.. They have great fries and salsa and Falafels..

-This may sound lame, but i heard if you go through travel agency and do group tours, you will get a lot better deal, then if you were to get on your own through an airline service. But once you get the tickets through the travel agent, then you could go off and do your own thing..

-I haven't had any experience with hotels and cutting down the price.. I think you just got search online for specials going on and make a reservation.. You might be able to spit the cost with somebody, but that could be a sketchy situation..

I hope this info will benefit you! Enjoy traveling it def is a lot of fun!!

btw, i like your quote!

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Oh and here are some websites that maybe worth checking out for reading up on travel information!

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa

and

http://www.virtualtourist.com/

These websites are pretty good!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »
thanks for the tips, I'll look into those websites.

Lol, I just realized I put trips instead of tips on the title.