Author Topic: thunder trucsk  (Read 2281 times)

HyperBeam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
thunder trucsk
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
anybody's thunder trucks ever crack on the hangar around the axle? mine always do.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: thunder trucsk
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Thunders suck. the part that goes into the pivot cup broke on the last ones i had (3 weeks ago). Indies suck, too. I can't wait for the 8.5 ventures to come out.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
Hahahahahahahaha, every COTG post makes me LOL

bangkadang

• Rep: 38
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
my hangar cracked around the axel on my last pair, but i did skate them for about a year and were grind down halfway through  the axel, thunders are my personal favorite

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 04:54:47 AM »
Ive been skating my current pair of thunders for about 8 months now, and they rule.. Pair before I had Appleyard pro Thunders, and they held up for 2 years, and then I gave them away to some kid, he still skates them. And before that I had some team Thunders, and they were amazing as well, so Thunders are pretty tight IMHO.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 06:04:08 AM »
Prepare for shattered baseplates. If the people over at Venture have any brains they'll put stronger kingpins and solid baseplates on the wide Ventures...I wouldn't bet on it though.

Thunders suck. the part that goes into the pivot cup broke on the last ones i had (3 weeks ago). Indies suck, too. I can't wait for the 8.5 ventures to come out.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
I have never broken venture high 5.25's. I've broken 2 pairs of thunders, and like 3 or 4 indies, and the metal wears down in like 2 weeks on indies.

brokenheadphone

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
Venture baseplates are notorious for breaking, which is why I stopped riding them a long time ago. The hollow cutout baseplate is bad/weak design.

Were the Indys you broke the Stage 9s with the hollow cutout in the baseplate? Apparently lots of people broke those. Bad design.

Even when I weighed 195 I never broke any solid Indy baseplates back in the 90s. The new Stage 10s have solid baseplates just like the older models. If you broke the solid ones, maybe those were a bad batch. Can't speak to the forged baseplates as I've never tried them.

Don't know about the metal wearing down thing. All trucks wear down, it depends how much you grind. Indy/Thunder/Venture are all made at the same foundry, so I would assume the aluminum alloy used to cast them them is very similar if not identical.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »
I have never broken venture high 5.25's. I've broken 2 pairs of thunders, and like 3 or 4 indies, and the metal wears down in like 2 weeks on indies.

They're all made at Ermico Foundry, same aluminum used for all 3 brands.  Once again, you've solidified yourself as the village idiot.  Congrats.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
No, that just means they all suck. Thunders and indies have more design flaws, than ventures. I focus on using my trucks more than i do finding out where they're poured.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
No, that just means they all suck. Thunders and indies have more design flaws, than ventures. I focus on using my trucks more than i do finding out where they're poured.
I too carefully study all of my skateboard products for design flaws.  In fact as we speak I am shaving off all of my body hair in an effort to go faster.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Tony

• Rep: 7
    • Sleep Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

They're all made at Ermico Foundry, same aluminum used for all 3 brands.  Once again, you've solidified yourself as the village idiot.  Congrats.
I fell out of my chair, laughing when I read this.

IamTheCreature

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
love my thunder titanium lights... definitely worth the money

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I fell out of my chair, laughing when I read this.

this is going to seem rude, but are you regular?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they might be from the same factory but they are not all made with the same aluminum formula.
as a test, put an indy and a thunder truck on your setup and try to do a 50-50 and you'll see that one truck grinds differently from the other.
do the same with indy and venture as well as thunder and venture and you'll know right away that none of them they are the same in anyway, not even in the slightest.