Author Topic: no pops board in the new wallride catalog  (Read 16849 times)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Re: no pops board in the new wallride catalog
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »

Gettin' Clips

nothing's been the since same

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »
finally, back on lakai huh?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Plan B are the jocks of skating.
[close]

this. girl/chocolate/crailtap gives me the feeling that they all go out together and have chill sessions that end up in doing insane stuff.

plan b gives me the feeling that they all train in their own training facilities and then go out with their filmer/photographer to do the trick, then straight back to the TF.
[close]

but thats exactly what happened with the crailtap guys when they were filming for fully flared....and now pretty sweet. and youre gonna say you dont get a jock vibe from crailtap? crailtap is a whole production. the only difference between them and plan b is that plan b doesnt have the kind of marketing crailtap has. i mean, almost all the girl guys have their own TFs....c'mon.

the only real family vibe i get from all of skateboarding is enjoi and maaybe baker but thats it. the word family when associated with any other skateboarding team is very hollow and superficial.
[close]

of course it may well be that those guys are doing the whole TF stuff, i just said that thats the vibe i get from them (which means that their marketing technique at least works for me...)

i think that its really hard for larger companies to stay "families", this seems to be the state of things for smaller upstart companies as it seems. which makes sense.

I get what youre saying but it doesnt discount crailtap's jock factor.   

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
Where's the catalogue?

miff

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
No Devine boards either. Someone better call'm up let him know Slap said he's off.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
Theyre also off the site: http://prettysweetvideo.com/

Im ready to be underwhelmed by justin eldridges shitty style and pleaseantly surprised by chris roberts stuff.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Maybe if we're nice to him he'll come back.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »
No Devine boards either. Someone better call'm up let him know Slap said he's off.

There's no Devine boards in the catalogue, but, there was a Devine board in the LunchBox Series.  The catalogue is incomplete.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

miff

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's no Devine boards in the catalogue, but, there was a Devine board in the LunchBox Series.  The catalogue is incomplete.

Ho-Lee-She-it!

That is a bummer. Was looking forward to seeing both of them. Man, maybe Devine never fully healed up. That guy's been plagued with injury.

s a d e

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
Yes... as Dill said recently: [pappalardo] lost his marbles.

IMHO, I feel Anthony may have become a bit more introverted because of stupid responses from the industry to him changing... which is a total shame.

I think the "he doesn't skate like he used to" attitude is misguided... i've always thought that one of the cool things about skateboarding is that it is like art, or music in the sense that when someone has done work that has inspired a lot of people and they've become established in their respective medium they are then ingrained into that world; they have a place there... this small group of skateboarders aren't expected to produce as much footage/photo as they were a decade ago, but still have boards/shoes out... i.e Gino, Howard, Jeron, Chico, etc. (as if these guys haven't had their periods of keeping it low key) I guess I'm trying to say Anthony should without question be included in that category.

I'm going to sound repeated for those who read that new Dill/A.V.E interview but he brought up a good point... Pappalardo was a straight street skateboarding pioneer when he came up; more than just an "old good skateboarder". He was influencing professionals at the time he was amateur and started a lot of trick trends at that time. He is a true original, and so it should be no surprise that doesn't want to force himself to skate the same way he did as a kid many years later... all of the great ones evolve... people gave him way too much hate for evolving, changing his sound if you will... the stuff he was doing the last few years isn't necessarily "lazier" or "easier"... its just different.

As Dill said, Wenning was like this too... but he just got lost in drugs... not trying to be harsh to Wenning but it seems like people talk about him and Pappalardo as if they've gone through the same kind of change.

Anyway, I am yapping about all of this on the assumption that his apparent removal is a result of people thinking he isn't doing what he should.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:10:51 PM by s a d e »

igotitforcheap

• Rep: -11
  • smooth as glass
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
pappalardo's ending to his career was an inside job.
yeah

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 05:17:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nah dude the catalogue is complete, the lunch box series is in there as well as ruby republic longboards.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »
post the gino boards young'n :o

no "FREE MAX B"?

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
post the gino boards young'n :o
[close]

no "FREE MAX B"?
yall already kno

Andrew Wong

• Rep: -10
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »
pappalardo was definitely reinventing skateboarding back then. calloway was definitely killing it especially in his transworld part. i think they both still love skating they probably just don't enjoy filming or maybe aren't motivated enough to get new trick who knows? i just think the bottom line is that they have both kind of extended their stay of being a sponsored pro without putting out any clips, video parts, commercials, etc for too long. wish them the best though.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
About 3 years  ago I saw MikeMo play in Calloway's mini fro and Calloway looking back at him like wtf, take it however you want.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There's no Devine boards in the catalogue, but, there was a Devine board in the LunchBox Series.?  The catalogue is incomplete.
[close]

[close]

nah dude the catalogue is complete, the lunch box series is in there as well as ruby republic longboards.

You misunderstood me Prince Valiant. Yes the lunch box series was in there, but, there was no Devine Lunchbox board in the catalogue even though one made production. 
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
^dayum, you're right. i didn't do my homework. i guess the new wallride just features pro models of people who have a part in pretty sweet.
so there is hope for a pappalardo board after this video.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:49:24 PM by pica »

janky858

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
id say every single one of us is a jock.
Jock:
An enthusiastic athlete or sports fan, esp. one with few other interests.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 01:08:23 AM »
id say i love sucking cock.
Jankers:
An enthusiastic sucker or wanker, esp. one with few other interests.

conqueso

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 04:55:42 AM »
popps was sick but i don't see how he reinvented anything.... :-\
bummer that devines career seems to have been cut short.

s a d e

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »
popps was sick but i don't see how he reinvented anything.... :-\
bummer that devines career seems to have been cut short.

then you need to watch more video!

conqueso

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 06:20:12 AM »
Watched them all and I've seen him skate in person numerous times during the 2000-2002 love park era. I have always been a fan....but to say he reinvented skateboarding is just kind of silly. He is very talented though and certainly an east coast ledgend at this point.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 08:26:50 AM »
id say every single one of us is a jock.
Jock:
An enthusiastic athlete or sports fan, esp. one with few other interests.

hobbyist - a person who pursues an activity in their spare time for pleasure

s a d e

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »
Watched them all and I've seen him skate in person numerous times during the 2000-2002 love park era. I have always been a fan....but to say he reinvented skateboarding is just kind of silly. He is very talented though and certainly an east coast ledgend at this point.

i wrote that whole mouth full up there just so it wouldn't seem like i was claiming he "reinvented skateboarding". i didn't make that huge of a claim... all I am saying is Dill is right. Poppalardo (along with Wenning) were doing tricks that no one else was doing in a unique fashion... and it clearly inspired a lot of people.

that's awesome you saw him skate LOVE.  

P.S Pillar, why must you go there? i feel like no thread lasts without some reference to someones facial features. wack.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:45:56 AM by s a d e »