Author Topic: drake jones  (Read 6694 times)

S-Town Holla!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: drake jones
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still rockin' Polo like a G. Drake coming back would be the best thing to happen to skateboarding since Guy got on Lakai.
[close]
Gotta agree ya on that one.... and speaking of Guy lets just say he's gonna have some shit in that new Lakai video. I just heard about some trick he just got. Can't wait until that video drops in 07 
[close]
how come a week ago chris ray told me it was coming out in late november?

Mike Carrol said the same thing.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

HUSH

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »
I'd love for it to come out in November, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come out til '07.

So psyched to hear about Drake Jones skating again, even if he's jsut chilling. Dude was always one of my favorites to watch.

rapist

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »
while drake was fucking ill and all, does anyone else agree he needed some more tricks?

jimbo

• Rep: -7
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 10:27:22 PM »
no

gabeallenjones

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 12:13:37 AM »
while drake was fucking ill and all, does anyone else agree he needed some more tricks?
it's not about what you do, it's how you do it.  he only did the good tricks so what does it matter?

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 12:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I heard he's been skating the Zero park.. so who knows., it would be sick to see some new footy.
[close]
It would be siiiiick if he got on Zero.
Man, you are a hypocrite. You and “remember” busted on me in the Rasa Libre thread for saying that Kenny Reed should leave Popwar (since it is an obviously sinking ship) and go to Rasa-
”Quote from: remEMBer on September 28, 2006, 04:33:37 pm
Quote from: Math Professor on September 28, 2006, 04:29:10 pm
Quote from: remEMBer on September 28, 2006, 04:06:55 pm
Wow this just gave me a flash back to SLAP 2003 ..... he shoud be on......why isn't he on.... and the new favorite ...I rather see.....

Yeah... insert cool/hip pro/am's name here should be on RASA LIBRE!

Yeah why isn't Eric Sanderson or Steve Saiz on there?

Because those guys should be on KROOKED!”

But, it’s cool if you say that Drake Jones should get on Zero, or this about Consolidated-

“Why is Karma still on?  That dude needs to go to Krooked or AntiHero.”

Pot. Kettle. Black… To quote you once again “Don't be a fuckin' hypocrite.”
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 04:36:42 AM »
huh?
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

dogman1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »
uh ??uh???uh??yeah whatever you say!

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Better yet get Drake on Lakai and have him film a few lines for the video if nothing else put him in the friends section or something.  Lakai Drake Jones pro shoe with special dope tongue feature.  Jumping to conclusions?  Just a little bit.
[close]

Agreed, but that'd have been good five years ago. Shoe head wiggers took that over, and burried it into the ground.

Somewhat true although seems like majority of those people try to disturb their footwear as little as possible if they even wear their shoes anymore.  Years ago it was buy some sick shoes and wear them.  Now it's  buy sick shoes and take pictures of them and post them on the internet then go put them back in the box.

DVS already has a shoe called the Drake but it's disgusting.
Drake Jones on Zero > Shiloh/York on Dekline or any other odd sponsor/pro combination.

It's not the number of tricks it's the quality of them.  Too many kids got it the other way around now and sadly they're being turned pro.

rapist

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 11:44:05 AM »
i agree with you about style over trick count, i just hate excessive tre flips in lines.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 11:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I heard he's been skating the Zero park.. so who knows., it would be sick to see some new footy.
[close]
[close]
Man, you are a hypocrite. You and “remember” busted on me in the Rasa Libre thread for saying that Kenny Reed should leave Popwar (since it is an obviously sinking ship) and go to Rasa-
Wow this just gave me a flash back to SLAP 2003 ..... he shoud be on......why isn't he on.... and the new favorite ...I rather see.....

But, it’s cool if you say that Drake Jones should get on Zero, or this about Consolidated-

That's the problem with typing shit out on a message board.  The sarcasism gets lost in the text.  About 3 or 4 years ago when Rasa started evolving everyone on the old Slap boards started saying so-and-so should be on etc.  So when you said that Kenny Reed should get on Rasa Libre, RemEMBer started joking like it was the ol' Slap boards back in the day.  We weren't baggin' on your post... just joking about how your post sounded like shit we were postin' 3~4 years ago when Rasa started.

And when you said something about Saiz getting on... I said nah.. they should get on KROOKED which I guess was a similar post to the "everyone should get on Rasa Libre" thing.  I was also being sarcastic regarding Drake getting on Zero.  I don't care if he's on Zero, Zorlac or Rasa Libre.  It'd be sick if that dude started skating professionally again for whoever's team.

And back to the hypocrite thing.  Do you understand why I called you a fuckin' hypocrite? You called me out saying that I was a "skate nerd" by following who's on/not on PopWar.  Right.  But before you say some shit like that... think about it.... you're on the same message board as me posting in the same thread.  You're just as skate nerdy as me!  And THATS why I called you a "fuckin' hypocrite" you fuckin' skate nerd.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 11:52:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still rockin' Polo like a G. Drake coming back would be the best thing to happen to skateboarding since Guy got on Lakai.
[close]
Gotta agree ya on that one.... and speaking of Guy lets just say he's gonna have some shit in that new Lakai video. I just heard about some trick he just got. Can't wait until that video drops in 07 
[close]
how come a week ago chris ray told me it was coming out in late november?
[close]

Mike Carrol said the same thing.
[close]
I would hope for it  to come out in Nov, but if I'm thinking '07 then it won't be such a let down.
I heard rumor at ASR that it was going to be pushed to 07.  I think it was the Lakai rep saying it.  I didn't hear it from Ray Ray or Carroll so don't believe me.  I'd believe Carroll before I believe some rep who doesn't have a finger on the pulse of today's skateboarding industry like us Slap message board folk.

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 01:00:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
That's the problem with typing shit out on a message board.  The sarcasism gets lost in the text.  About 3 or 4 years ago when Rasa started evolving everyone on the old Slap boards started saying so-and-so should be on etc.  So when you said that Kenny Reed should get on Rasa Libre, RemEMBer started joking like it was the ol' Slap boards back in the day.  We weren't baggin' on your post... just joking about how your post sounded like shit we were postin' 3~4 years ago when Rasa started.

And when you said something about Saiz getting on... I said nah.. they should get on KROOKED which I guess was a similar post to the "everyone should get on Rasa Libre" thing.  I was also being sarcastic regarding Drake getting on Zero.  I don't care if he's on Zero, Zorlac or Rasa Libre.  It'd be sick if that dude started skating professionally again for whoever's team.

And back to the hypocrite thing.  Do you understand why I called you a fuckin' hypocrite? You called me out saying that I was a "skate nerd" by following who's on/not on PopWar.  Right.  But before you say some shit like that... think about it.... you're on the same message board as me posting in the same thread.  You're just as skate nerdy as me!  And THATS why I called you a "fuckin' hypocrite" you fuckin' skate nerd.
I'm not the one that you called a "fuckin hypocrite" that was someone else, "The Laps Of Alps" or some shit. I was just qouting what you said to that person. I'll be the first to admit that I am a "Fuckin skate nerd."
I apologize at taking offense at the Rasa thing if you guys were just being sarcastic. You are right, it's hard to get the sarcasm on a message board.
I'd like to see Drake Jones come back too, but don't wish Zero on him! Next thing you know Jamie will have him in a Def Leopard T Shirt and some tight girl's pants, and will be photo shopping some flair on him!
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 01:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm not the one that you called a "fuckin hypocrite" that was someone else, "The Laps Of Alps" or some shit. I was just qouting what you said to that person. I'll be the first to admit that I am a "Fuckin skate nerd."
I apologize at taking offense at the Rasa thing if you guys were just being sarcastic. You are right, it's hard to get the sarcasm on a message board.
I'd like to see Drake Jones come back too, but don't wish Zero on him! Next thing you know Jamie will have him in a Def Leopard T Shirt and some tight girl's pants, and will be photo shopping some flair on him!
Sorry man... I thought you were the same Alps dude.  Yeah, me and remEMBer weren't dissing you or your post.  It was just funny to see Rasa Libre back and people posting stuff like... so-and-so should be on, etc. 

There's no way Drake would get on Zero. *knocks on wood*

blackgriptape

• Rep: -14
  • All Hail Cardiel!
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Drake Jones has such great style. The way he caught those heelflips! Man...made you want to get some shell toes and skate all afternoon. Real Skateboarding. Adidas should keep making those "respect your roots" tribute shoes.