Author Topic: Skateboard Bag  (Read 2573 times)

stef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Skateboard Bag
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
I'm being cheap and trying to save $50 on checking a bag on a flight.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a good skateboard bag that could fit clothes for a couple nights?

I found this one:
http://www.zappos.com/vans-overhead-skatebag-black?zlfid=111
anyone have it by any chance?  it sounds like there would be a decent amount of room to cram some clothes in.

The bag can't be more than 45" L+W+H.  (the above one is, but I'd just not stuff it completely full.)

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
Re: Skateboard Bag
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
I have it, that bag's perfect for $25. I fit a complete and an extra deck in there, with enough room for some clothes and toiletries (see picture below, I fit the three plastic bags and blue bag to the left in the bag). I brought that bag and a backpack for a week trip to new york and was able to carry them both on. It's longer than the dimensions for a carry on, but because it's relatively skinny, I think when you sling it over your shoulder it just looks like it should be a carry on so I had no problems. 

stef

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:16:29 AM »
Thanks, man!  Appreciate all the info.  I was planning to do the same thing with just bringing that and a backpack, so it sounds perfect.

I just ordered one.  Thanks again.

Randozzi

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »
damn, that's a good bag for $25.
I have an Emerica bag that's bigger but fits a bunch of stuff. for longer trips it works pretty damn well.

stef

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »
I just got the vans bag in the mail today (really fast shipping).  Agreed with everything that was said above.  It's a really good bag, especially for $25.  Should work really well for flying.

muk_mb

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »
I just put what I need in a backpack and carry my board onto the airplane. You get 2 items on the plane and all.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
one time  i made out with a dog, if that counts

VictoriousOG

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »

genotypoop

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
usually my bus driver and school doesn't allow me bringing my board onto campus without a bag (i have no idea why) , so i might consider buying this bag... seems nice