Author Topic: Anyone on here from Poland/ Europe road trip  (Read 1480 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Anyone on here from Poland/ Europe road trip
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:45:26 AM »
Alright, so I just moved to Krakow and I'm super stoked. Been Shredding Jordana park as of lately which is nice for getting down on some benches. I've seen tons of spots around though and it would be cool to meet up with someone to go skate them. Also, I'm really wanting to rent a car and take a skate trip around europe so if anyone on here wants to meet up somewhere and shred or possibly jump in the car for the trip hit me up. Stoked!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: Anyone on here from Poland/ Europe road trip
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »
dude , u are having one hell of a cool holliday . what countrys have you been in so far ?  how much is this costing you ? you must have saved up like a motherfucker

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »
Nah, i'm Russian and Polish though.

ryangoose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
I'll be back in Vienna in May, if you ever feel like coming through hit me up. I've met some locals around there, haven't done too much street skating yet but there's some fun stuff to shred. I'd be down for some sort of weekend trip if you wanted to roll down and then maybe to bratislava or budapest, i've heard both of those cities have some decent stuff to offer and they're in close driving distance from Vienna.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
if you do not have a car, i?ve used that bus line twice for budapest.

http://www.eurolines.at/en/home/

straight from vienna, incredibly cheap.

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Berlin's got tons of good spots. Great place for partying too.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
dude , u are having one hell of a cool holliday . what countrys have you been in so far ?  how much is this costing you ? you must have saved up like a motherfucker

Haha yeah, thing's have been going pretty great so far and I've definitely gained some epic stories along the way. You know I started in Europe though right? Trekked through all of eastern europe, actually rented a flat in belgrade and tutored English there for a bit, then over to Istanbul which was an insane time. I could have spent a much longer time in all these places but I enjoyed Krakow and Istanbul the most - but that's not to say I didn't have anything but insanely positive experiences in every other "eastern" european country. Krakow wins over Istanbul for me though. A little harder to get a working visa in for me but I'm going to try and give it a shot and if not just tutor for a bit.  I was expecting Australia to be the best place in the world but....eh. Maybe I had too high of expectations but I can still say noooot so much my steeze as far as countries go. Ah....but after Australia I actually stopped back through Bangkok to visit a friend and was meant to go visit another friend in Seoul to see about teaching English there. Short summary: credit/debit card numbers got jacked online in Australia, get denied boarding by a crazy thai lady for only having a one way ticket, stuck in bangkok for 2 weeks. Found a ticket back here for $350 and decided I'm not into asian girls at all, have good friends in europe, and it's cheap. People think traveling is expensive but it's really not. I'm not having to pay any bills from back home and have only actually paid rent 3 times in the past 8 months. I'm fortunate enough to have friends in most all of these places or I couchsurf on couchsurfing.org and do rideshares. I've only spent about 6 or 7 grand including my transportation through it all. I'm not necessarily living cheap either but I've been budgeting myself. If I was at home living in SD or LA my monthly expenditure would usually be around 700 a month so I can see it as having 700 to spend a month traveling. If you've got infinite flexibility and you're not trying to get to or out of anywhere too fast than you should be able to go from any continent to another for no more than $400. Ah shit, I'm sounding like a travel agent now or something. I've traveled a lot in my life as well...I posted everywhere I've been on that "Post where you've been and where you're going thread" a while back. So to everyone else if you've read this far, Berlin's just a half day train ride away for me and budapest is a night train but I'm actually taking a trip there at the end of this month. I'm half german and have spent a good bit of time in Germany and yeah, Berlin is my favorite. There's a habitat house there too. As far as partying goes, Budapest was actually pretty crazy as well. I have a friend who dj's there and I ended up at a lesbian dj dance party last time I was there. All these cities have at the least rad spots. A lot of times statues you can skate just because they're of people whom the residents don't have the warmest sentiments towards. Sofia, Bulgaria actually has a sick park in the city center of just Russian monuments you can skate. You guys ever go to www.skhateyou.com?  Sick maps of skate spots in Europe and I was actually just e-mailing stefan, the guy who created it and runs it, about a skate trip but he's living in Barcelona right now. Speaking of Austria though, some AntiZ guys are from there huh? Like steve forstner? And I know dallas rockvam has been hanging out around europe a lot because he just got on the team....mostly barcelona as well though. Eeeeergh sorry if this seems like a huge ass ramble. I drank too much beer.

ryangoose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »
you definitely had some good beer. If you feel like cruising through Berlin the weekend of May 20th or so though to shred, I have plans to be there already. Should be dope.