Author Topic: minecraft  (Read 6783 times)

luke_gardner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
minecraft
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
this is the only videogame i play

and really, that'd be okay with me for the next few years

www.minecraft.net

anyone else?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: minecraft
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:01:09 AM »
I played classic a lil bit, I should probably buy the beta. Do you pay by the month, or is it a one-time thing?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »
I tried the classic for about 2 minutes and got bored. What are you supposed to do?

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
it's a one time fee. you buy it once and you own it for good.

the singleplayer thingamabob is weird. more of a free build than anything since i think you get unlimited material/blocks to do whatever.

in the real deal, you actually have to go out and get the raw material to craft and then build shit. then it gets more bonkers with the shit you can do with redstone/circuitry to automate minecart rails and shit to travel long distances for mines or basic travel. the game is what you make it. you can spend your days looking for diamond to make the best weaponary/armor, go around blowing up land with tnt, find wolves to tame which apparently became the rarest thing in the game or my friends just took all the fucking dogs since they have like a combined number of 100 or something and i have 5, build some crazy shit like the uss enterprise or something, it's a sandbox game focused around gathering i guess. then there's the whole issues of monsters coming to rape you in the dark

i've been playing a shit ton with my tf2 group in our own private server and it's pretty much a giant city now with rails leading to everyone's houses and shit. it's a nice getaway from the dumb fucks in tf2 sometimes and one helluva life waster. 24 bucks well-spent imo.

hi again
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »
i play but am ashamed.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
Been obsessed with this game since Alpha and i'm not even ashamed. My friends and I have a pretty decent smp server and we welcome anybody to come build shit and what not.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
i play but am ashamed.

I used to play Tibia when I was a younger. Ruined school for me.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »
I gave this game a try and clocked over 14 hours in one weekend. I dont understand how its so addictive.

S. Samyro

• Rep: 12
  • Oh, you handsome devil.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:35:15 PM »
Minecrack. I've been playing since October. All my YouTube suggestions are either skate videos or Minecraft videos.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
I gave this game a try and clocked over 14 hours in one weekend. I dont understand how its so addictive.
it's all about instant gratification. notch has talked about this a little bit. it seems counterintuitive - how could a game that can take so long be instant - but really, minecraft is all about satisfying the urge to alter your environment.

I play on the nerd.nu servers when I am not busy working too hard or getting hurt playing skateboards. drop by sometime, my username there is the same as mine here.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
This game is fucking sweet.  I just bought it yesterday because I can play it at work during lunch and breaks.  I'm already addicted.

pluecherry7

• Rep: -1
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
One of the best games ever. I live in the woods, so when I can't skate, I Minecraft. You can also add mods, here's the best one:
Adds a sky dimension, the Aether. Makes Minecraft THAT much more addicting.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »
last basement built

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »
my cousin got me into this game. It's so good but i rarely have time or energy to play it. I am just a lazy piece of shit.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »
My shitty school decided to give every freshman a laptop this year. Some kid got minecraft on his so we all started playing it and simply wrecked shit for a good 3 months. I never bought the real version. I had the coolest world ever, but then the deans found out and everyone had to delete it. I figured it would dominate my life, so I decided not to buy it.
fuck

Mr. Faggot

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
Can you go on and ruin the shit people have built? I would play this just to go around and fuck up everyone else's stuff.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »
Can you go on and ruin the shit people have built? I would play this just to go around and fuck up everyone else's stuff.

Although I never play online, I know most servers won't allow you to change anything at all around you. There are, however, some anarchy-like servers. Its more of a pleasant game than it may look before actually playing it.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »
This game is reminds me of when I discovered Tetris when I was young. Hours just fly by without thought.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 12:30:36 AM »
Oh wow, I always knew I would love this game and for that reason avoided it until today.. and I'm already really feeling it.. I saw some shit you signed on the nerd.nu server Luke so you must be really into this shit huh?

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
the pillars of nosgoth I made. Maybe this should be in "##underrated ps1 games / Soul Reaver", but, whatever.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:46 PM »
the pillars of nosgoth I made. Maybe this should be in "##underrated ps1 games / Soul Reaver", but, whatever.

Aw, I can only build a house. I wouldn't even know where to begin to make something like that.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 10:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aw, I can only build a house. I wouldn't even know where to begin to make something like that.
It's in creative mode, you can do almost anything
fuck

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
About to download this for xbox.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
If your computer can run it (which it most definitely should be able to) just get it for PC. It's updated way more often, tons of mods (if that's your thing), and is a few versions ahead of xbox. There are tons of servers available and it's easy to set up your own to play with people you know.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If your computer can run it (which it most definitely should be able to) just get it for PC. It's updated way more often, tons of mods (if that's your thing), and is a few versions ahead of xbox. There are tons of servers available and it's easy to set up your own to play with people you know.

Oops, too late. I have been playing it on xbox for afew days. I am having a great time! It's the perfect stress free game.
Playing a game like fallout 3 made me forget why I even played videogames. Made it feel like a chore.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »
BUMP

just got it for the xbox one and had tons of fun, anybody wanna do a slap world?