Author Topic: Mike Mo on DC  (Read 77089 times)

FiftyScent

Re: Mike Mo on DC
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Aren't Vans Vanity Fair or some super corporation? Skate companies started making crappy shoes early 2000s. Nike and Adidas started to make quality and cleaned up. Sole Tech and Lakai went through an era of making really cheap Vulc crap. I was all for keeping it among the skate companies butt they fuct it :-\
[close]

Vans is owned by wrangler. CCS is owned by footlocker. and converse is owned by nike.

and the best way to support "core" companies is to buy from your local skate shop, not zumiez or online. So stop hating on the capitalist world that you live in and just embrace it...and the nike sb mid.

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2011, 03:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Aren't Vans Vanity Fair or some super corporation? Skate companies started making crappy shoes early 2000s. Nike and Adidas started to make quality and cleaned up. Sole Tech and Lakai went through an era of making really cheap Vulc crap. I was all for keeping it among the skate companies butt they fuct it :-\
[close]
Fallen and Emerica make great shoes. I don't know what you're talking about.
[close]
i would rather skate any semi-skateable non-skate shoe than be caught dead in either of these, especially the latter.
why so much Emerica hate?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

BDF

• Rep: 0
    • WritersTailBlock avatar image
« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
Vans is owned by wrangler. CCS is owned by footlocker. and converse is owned by nike.

and the best way to support "core" companies is to buy from your local skate shop, not zumiez or online. So stop hating on the capitalist world that you live in and just embrace it...and the nike sb mid.

vans is owned by the vf corporation who also own wrangler and eastpak among others...

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i would rather skate any semi-skateable non-skate shoe than be caught dead in either of these, especially the latter.
[close]

That's what im saying i love the Hsu's i bought like 4 pairs this year woulda got more but they sold out :( , i cant wait for this thin shoes era to die not that i miss the bulky/tech shits all that much either

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

That's what im saying i love the Hsu's i bought like 4 pairs this year woulda got more but they sold out :( , i cant wait for this thin shoes era to die not that i miss the bulky/tech shits all that much either

Emericas are some of the thinnest shoes i have ever skated, so i'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
cant believe people can walk into a ccs or zumiez and want to buy something. not only are they not a skateshop but standing in those stores sUCKS in itself. i remember i just wanted to see what the hype on the nike kostons was and all the workers started tryna upsell me hardware and shyut.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #246 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:04 PM »
I heard every time you walk into Zumiez, Pappalardo loses a trick.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #247 on: November 01, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
if you're basing your hate on the vulcs then thats understandable, since their tread pattern doesnt last for shit.  Emerica cupsoles are some of the best skate shoes you can get though.  Fallen is a whole different story, I have yet to skate a pair of fallens that I'm unhappy with.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »
I'm talking all Emericas, I had the AR slims and they were great for the first week... but then the sole thinned out and felt just as bad as the vulcs. Lets just say I haven't really had any good experiences with Emericas.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2011, 12:25:40 AM »
Edit - blackout drunk post. I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:03:08 AM by via »

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2011, 06:34:10 AM »
A shoe is a fucking shoe.

You guys get cornier by the day.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

jhskates84

• Rep: -14
  • Halleujah, Holla back
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »

I could see this, I could see this!  Haha

But nah...  Mike Mo seems like a perfect candidate for Droors Clothing Footwear if you think about it?  It makes slight bit of sense if they're trying to catch up with Nike SB on par with the 'perfect' skate team.  But regardless to where he goes, I'm sure he's reaping a greater benefit than Lakai, no offense to anyone.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
yes, so when i said fallen and emerica, especially the latter, i mistyped, and meant especially the former. i suppose some emerica models aren't that bad (although given the choice, wouldn't wear them), i was more trying to make a point than call out just two specific shoe companies.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »
I'm talking all Emericas, I had the AR slims and they were great for the first week... but then the sole thinned out and felt just as bad as the vulcs. Lets just say I haven't really had any good experiences with Emericas.
Sole tech vulcs are trash, get the cupsoles.

Baron von Bullshit

• Rep: -2
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »

This is true, but not always possible for everyone out there. When you have to travel sixty plus miles to your nearest shop it's easier and cheaper to order from ccs or skatewarehouse. It's unfortunate, but it's a reality for the skaters in the less developed areas of the country.  Not to mention the Markup on these shoes(or any product) at these shops is kind  of regular.  For a short time we had a small shop in my little ass town. They were selling pro graphic decks for sixty-nine bucks, plus ten for griptape. Yes, you had to buy griptape. The place didn't last very long.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
I've just blown out a pair of the new Emerica Hsu II's. They've lasted longer than any pair of shoes I've had recently besides a pair of Adidas. Comfy, not super thin, good colours, not super pricey. What's not to like? I just pulled the trigger on some of the Westgates, if they're as good I'll be getting more for sure.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
i agree with the tread comments but in general theyre great shoes. i get the emerica laced the new leos and the occasional reynolds 3 and theyre all amazing fucking shoes. ive never felt a need to go out of my way and buy nikes. they basically look as good as the some of the gravis shoes and its actually skater owned and its been there through the late 90s and early 2000s and they actually skate good. emerica also has an actual style direction which is more than i can say for a lot of other shoe companies that are around these days. theyre also cheaper than nikes. theyre worth the money you pay and i like what i get.

1dxxxx

« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »

Although, everytime you widdle a piece of beachwood into a bench, he gains it back