Author Topic: Mike Mo on DC  (Read 77064 times)

brokenheadphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Mike Mo on DC
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
I've been skating a pair of newer DCs for a bit.  The uppers are fine, but the DGT sole has the soft rubber right in the spot where I (and many skaters) wear down soles the most. If they could just do a better job on the soles they'd have something fairly close to their 90s shoes IMHO.

o JayCub o

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 01:38:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I know a lot of people hate on what DC has become, and I dont really like the fact that they are buying themselves an allstar line up, and kicking people like Pj off. But everyone saying they only make shit shoes need to skate a pair of the Toniks, I bought a pair cause they were on sale for $20 and they are holding up well, and skate really good also. Theres also a few other models they have out that dont look bad either. The Bristols and landaus, both look like they would be good to skate. I mean there are other companies that I would rather support like Fallen, Lakai, and emerica. Its just hard to support them when the last couple pairs of lakais I have bought have basically fallen apart at the seams, and I bought a pair of fallen fortes recently and they skated really awesome until the sole started falling to pieces, but that was my first pair of fallens so maybe I just got a bum pair or something.
[close]

if you could choose from every skate shoe currently available (being an unsponsored skater) i dont see a single reason why i should choose any DC shoe. Its like that with so many companies, YES of course the make a couple of decent looking shoes, but they all look like each other. black, vulc, low profile. why not get the original or something that sticks out like the janoski, the cts pro, the campus or an old skool. if the tonic werent on sale, would you really buy it??

Honestly, I usually buy whatever skate shoes I can find cheap, whether its online or I can get a good deal at my not so local shop. I wont buy just any shoe. I generally prefer shoes, like the DC Tonik, Fallen Forte, vans chukka lows, and Ive had 2 pairs of Janoskis that I really liked also. No I probably wouldnt have bought the Toniks if  they were full price but that goes for the same with any shoe. I hardly ever buy a shoe for full price, but after skating  the toniks I would definitely choose them over chukka lows, or the fallen fortes, thats  for sure. Even though all 3 of them pretty much skate the same, the toniks are holding  up a lot better then the other two.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know a lot of people hate on what DC has become, and I dont really like the fact that they are buying themselves an allstar line up, and kicking people like Pj off. But everyone saying they only make shit shoes need to skate a pair of the Toniks, I bought a pair cause they were on sale for $20 and they are holding up well, and skate really good also. Theres also a few other models they have out that dont look bad either. The Bristols and landaus, both look like they would be good to skate. I mean there are other companies that I would rather support like Fallen, Lakai, and emerica. Its just hard to support them when the last couple pairs of lakais I have bought have basically fallen apart at the seams, and I bought a pair of fallen fortes recently and they skated really awesome until the sole started falling to pieces, but that was my first pair of fallens so maybe I just got a bum pair or something.
[close]

if you could choose from every skate shoe currently available (being an unsponsored skater) i dont see a single reason why i should choose any DC shoe. Its like that with so many companies, YES of course the make a couple of decent looking shoes, but they all look like each other. black, vulc, low profile. why not get the original or something that sticks out like the janoski, the cts pro, the campus or an old skool. if the tonic werent on sale, would you really buy it??
[close]

Honestly, I usually buy whatever skate shoes I can find cheap, whether its online or I can get a good deal at my not so local shop. I wont buy just any shoe. I generally prefer shoes, like the DC Tonik, Fallen Forte, vans chukka lows, and Ive had 2 pairs of Janoskis that I really liked also. No I probably wouldnt have bought the Toniks if  they were full price but that goes for the same with any shoe. I hardly ever buy a shoe for full price, but after skating  the toniks I would definitely choose them over chukka lows, or the fallen fortes, thats  for sure. Even though all 3 of them pretty much skate the same, the toniks are holding  up a lot better then the other two.

I personally prefer sandals when I skate.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »
Don't really care;?  I stopped buying their shit after the DC Lynx ended.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
But if your going to hate on shoes for their quality then you should also hate equally... Lakai manchesters are great to skate in for a few sessions but then they turn into giant bags of crap (i stopped wearing them because of this... Please make better shoes lakai)

Yep, I just blew through a pair in a ridiculously short time as well.. I've been skating in Lakais for years, this is only a single case, but it's definitely a step back.

Would still rather skate em than DCs though. If they wanna pay pros a shitton of cash, that's a-ok, no one's suffering from it..

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
I usually don't care about sponsor changes, but I though Mike was a good fit on Lakai.

superslopp

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
DC is currently everything i hate about skateboarding

juja

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 01:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I personally prefer sandals when I skate.
me too

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 01:41:00 AM »
last pair of "skate" shoes I had from DC felt like I had two huge dog turds stuck to my feet. Heel bruise city. Never again

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
Don't really care;  I stopped buying their shit after the DC Lynx ended.

I miss those damn shoes so much, and that's pretty much the same time I stopped rocking DC's as well
"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 01:55:35 AM »
i saw my friend skating the tonics and said something like "skating in DC's hey?"

to which he said "yeah man i dont normally skate dcs but these are a really sick shoe, might stock up on them"

saw him the next week and he said "dude these shoes are nice at first but now they fucking hurt"

no DC for me thanks

Roach maynE

• Rep: -11
    • dj fades hip hop spy avatar image
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 09:21:02 AM »
i hope he doesn't get on DC
i don't think he would
he fits in on lakai really well and is already making plenty of money

Seff Bauers

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Don't really care;  I stopped buying their shit after the DC Lynx ended.
[close]

Oh how I miss those.

I'm pretty sure that's the only shoe they ever made that was descent...
"Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
heard some whispers about dude getting kicked off of everything over this
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
DC is currently everything i hate about skateboarding

That's how I felt during the late 90s warm-up pants era.

goofy b00ts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS! :oVANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!VANS!

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
great post. too bad vans is just as bad as dc

nickvicII

• Rep: 8
    • The Everyday Hustle avatar image
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:43 PM »
Fuck skateboarding, Get money.  This has been the anthem leading up to this.  This industry is so backwards.  In a thread hating on DC (owned by a surf company), you have countless kooks praising ADIDAS, NIKE, and CONS.  You shit heads already ruined skateboarding.   Keep giving high fives to your sellout friends,  keep shopping at Zumies and Active.   Let them ruin the industry already so we can have it back. 
= www.theeverydayhustle.com =

HATE! HATE! HATE!

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »

Can somebody run a TPS report and find out how many times "ruined skateboarding" comes up in the forums?

Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

gatchaman

• Rep: -3
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »
...i remember the ryan smith 1.5 being pretty damn good and the gatsbys too. Not gonna lie most dcs last forever believe it or not. Lakais are the shit but sometimes u get your models that fall apart in a week and sometimes u get some that last u a month. Even if Adiddas and Nike are big brands that people regard as sellouts, theres no question they are made at a higher quality than any skate shoe out there

BitchSlap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
Hmmmmm, i smell a "DC Video 2" in the works....

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »
Hmmmmm, i smell a "DC Video 2" in the works....

well, it is about time ! cole, miller, mo !!!!!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »
...i remember the ryan smith 1.5 being pretty damn good and the gatsbys too. Not gonna lie most dcs last forever believe it or not. Lakais are the shit but sometimes u get your models that fall apart in a week and sometimes u get some that last u a month. Even if Adiddas and Nike are big brands that people regard as sellouts, theres no question they are made at a higher quality than any skate shoe out there

Adidas and Nike make the best skate shoes out there . They have bigger teams , more experiance , better materials and better everything .

And its kinda funny that DC that started out as a skate shoe brand and still is gets more hate then Adidas and Nike together . DC might sell shit to alot of none skaters . But atleast this allows a budget for parks , contests , bigger and better team and more money for them.

They still have Kalis , his pro shoes have always looked good and Ill always down to give money to that dude

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
^ I've already promised myself a pair of Kalis' next pro shoe, whenever it comes out.

god skateboarding is turning into a fucking joke... like a god damn government...
buying out all the money makers so in the future you have no choice but to support shit
what a fucking joke this year of sponsorship has been... jesus fucking christ fucking stupid
HOLY SHIT BRO SO EDGY  ::)
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
No surprises here.  I'm predicting Nyjah will be on by the time Street League is over, Torey will be on once Lakai fully leaves Podium and DVS fully reinvests all its money in producing the "Enduro" shoe for CCS/Journeys/PacSun, Sheckler will probably be offered an amount Etnies can't afford to match, and we all know that Shane will be jumping once his contract is up as well.  So 9 out of 10 of last week finalists at Street League are already on or primed to join DC within the next year.  The funniest part is that having all of these riders will not increase their shoe sales one bit.

Having all these riders will increase their sales dramatically, its business, and when you have top quality pros endorsing products that they are seen wearing while they are ripping, people are going to buy them. Plain and simple. thats how it works.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Adidas and Nike make the best skate shoes out there . They have bigger teams , more experiance , better materials and better everything .

And its kinda funny that DC that started out as a skate shoe brand and still is gets more hate then Adidas and Nike together . DC might sell shit to alot of none skaters . But atleast this allows a budget for parks , contests , bigger and better team and more money for them.

They still have Kalis , his pro shoes have always looked good and Ill always down to give money to that dude

dont confuse "longest lasting" with "best".

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
Dudes, please pardon my ignorance in such matters, but could someone fill me in on why PJ either quit, or got kicked off, DC?

And, as far as shoes go, I wish I could support strictly skate related companies, but wearing cons and adidas allows me to skate in a shoe that performs well and doesn't make me look like a 14 year old. As someone who is slightly over 30, I feel like that is of great importance, and where my priorities lie...

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
Ryan Gallant got kicked off because he didnt wanna skate a mini ramp in the middle of a motocross demo, told them to fuck off, got the boot, Who knows what happened with pj, probably nothing, thats why they kicked him off haha

TheDanDan

• Rep: 1
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »
If they're good enough for Wes Kremer they're good enough for me.

Extremely Sorry

• Rep: -2
  • Harsh.
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
DC's super suede material holds up well, but the sole always really shitty. The only beef I have with DC is that they are slowly going to run the core companys into the dumps...sad face...