Author Topic: Another SF thread...  (Read 16410 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
Re: Another SF thread...
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
The library is now pretty much completely unskateable except for the 4 stair. Bummer.

Truetalk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »
I'm trying to find 2:27. I know its near sf state, but I'm not sure exactly where. It'd be cool if you guys could help me out

Peter Knoblock-Buzz Kill

It's right by stonestowne mall.  PM me and i could shoot you the address...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
i really wanna go fast, can sum1 pleez tell me where some hillz r in SF?!?!?

The sunset has some good hills
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2012, 06:56:11 PM »
I'm trying to find 2:27. I know its near sf state, but I'm not sure exactly where. It'd be cool if you guys could help me out

Peter Knoblock-Buzz Kill

http://g.co/maps/5f5rb

Streetview, it's also where the handrail into bank spot is. Behind Stonestown on winston drive.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote

Peter Knoblock-Buzz Kill

[close]

Streetview, it's also where the handrail into bank spot is. Behind Stonestown on winston drive.

Spot is a bust now, or been!
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

BIGSTOOPS

• Rep: -6
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »
people found those spots by skating the city, if you want a spot, start from scratch like everyone else. telling everyone where everything is is just going to get them shut down.

i'm gonna tell everyone where everything is and shut the whole damn city down.

bandini

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
Where are the streets they skate in Animal Chin, with all the little bumps over the stair sets? I know it's Sunset/Richmond area, but would like to narrow it down a bit so I don't spend all day looking.

Spending all day looking for a spot in the avenues is more fun than just finding it, trust me.

Actually, I've always wanted to find that street from Chin too...:)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Peter Knoblock-Buzz Kill

[close]

[close]

Spot is a bust now, or been!
Thanks guys, but we found it and went there. None of us were really feeling it but people were skating it since we went on a sunday. I kind of want to go back and boneless in to it but I dunno if it's worth it because it'd be shitty as fuck if I didn't make it or we got kicked out.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
^^
Lulz!!

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 05:11:45 PM »

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd bump one of the better SF threads since this seemed appropriate.

I had an idea of creating a spot map of SF that didn't really 100% give away where things were, just gave clues to where spots were. I'm in the process of getting shirts printed of this graphic for the blog I run, but considering how expensive it is to get a solid run of shirts screened I can only do one colorway.

If anyone wanted to help me out by deciding which one I should print please go here and vote for your favorite.
http://spothunter.tumblr.com/post/85541929162/vote-now-so-ive-been-wanting-to-make-spothunter

I'm looking to get these made in the next couple weeks so if you'd want to order one PM me and I'll let you know when they're available.

Thanks.

(shameless self promotion over)

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
I think I follow you - radicalsabadical

GetSnaked

• Rep: -3
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
I would so buy one of those shirts... fucking sick. Hopefully going to SFSU next year, gotta keep my grades mediocre so I don't get accepted into a good college and spend my days skating riverside
i get the joke it's just not funny and doing school for a long time doesn't make you not a dipshit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You little zoomers that came up at zoomies don’t know shit and you need to read a fucking book and put

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
You can get one now if you're into it.

spothunter.bigcartel.com

string bean

• Rep: -7
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd bump one of the better SF threads since this seemed appropriate.

I had an idea of creating a spot map of SF that didn't really 100% give away where things were, just gave clues to where spots were. I'm in the process of getting shirts printed of this graphic for the blog I run, but considering how expensive it is to get a solid run of shirts screened I can only do one colorway.

If anyone wanted to help me out by deciding which one I should print please go here and vote for your favorite.
http://spothunter.tumblr.com/post/85541929162/vote-now-so-ive-been-wanting-to-make-spothunter

I'm looking to get these made in the next couple weeks so if you'd want to order one PM me and I'll let you know when they're available.

Thanks.

thats dope
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:38:42 PM by string bean »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Maybe not the right thread to ask in but does anyone know if the Lower Bobs DIY in Oakland is still there?

I'm staying in Oakland for a few days next month and I wanted to check it out if it was still up and running (knowing full well I could possibly be chased out for being a kook).

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
^yeah I think so
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

louie_bk

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
I'm leaving for SF tomorrow for a few days to see my brother's art show. For anyone who's down to hang out or skate, my instagram is aaronolivo.

eSHkidd

• Rep: -2
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:30 AM »
Maybe not the right thread to ask in but does anyone know if the Lower Bobs DIY in Oakland is still there?

I'm staying in Oakland for a few days next month and I wanted to check it out if it was still up and running (knowing full well I could possibly be chased out for being a kook).

Yeah it had some city problems earlier but people are skating it again, 90% sure its good now. You won't be chased out or denied, but boys might have you clean up trash around there to help out for entrance.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2014, 07:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah it had some city problems earlier but people are skating it again, 90% sure its good now. You won't be chased out or denied, but boys might have you clean up trash around there to help out for entrance.

Scoped it out on Thursday morning but the fence was locked. There was a knocked down sign that said "Closed until further notice". Wasn't sure if it was closed by the city or if skater-keyholders opened it later in the day. I got broke off the day before at Potrero so I wasn't climbing the fence and I could have barely skated anyway.

The park looked fun - a bit gnarlier than it looks on video. The north end which was skinny quarterpipes in that Thrasher video was now a big complete wall.

Also, it's totally batshit that community "leaders" have gone on record opposing this park. It's far enough from homes that sound shouldn't be an issue and the highway there is loud as shit already. The immediate vicinity appeared to be industrial/illegal dumping grounds and the nearest neighbor looks like a chop shop.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Scoped it out on Thursday morning but the fence was locked. There was a knocked down sign that said "Closed until further notice". Wasn't sure if it was closed by the city or if skater-keyholders opened it later in the day. I got broke off the day before at Potrero so I wasn't climbing the fence and I could have barely skated anyway.

The park looked fun - a bit gnarlier than it looks on video. The north end which was skinny quarterpipes in that Thrasher video was now a big complete wall.

Also, it's totally batshit that community "leaders" have gone on record opposing this park. It's far enough from homes that sound shouldn't be an issue and the highway there is loud as shit already. The immediate vicinity appeared to be industrial/illegal dumping grounds and the nearest neighbor looks like a chop shop.
one of my friends was the one who started building the spot, then the other "keyholders" took over apparently.
but anyway, i only went once. I am more excited to see what the new West Oakland park is gonna look like, since they are rebuilding the park.

Vx Vision

• Rep: -6
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:55 AM »
Anyone know where the spot at 1:15 is?? that school yard place

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDvjqvJnL5c

smellyfart

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
wuts good ya'll. some friends and i will be in sf on a trip and are planning to stay in hotels from the 22nd - 25th and we've been looking for a hotel that wouldn't be too expensive (preferably near $100/night) or far from the city. i looked and found a couple that are in oakland/hayward area and was wondering if that would be a good idea or if there is any other better recommendations of places to stay that you guys would have? its basically all of our first time in sf so were all dumb and would appreciate any guidance.

fukkboyslim

• Rep: -19
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »
wuts good ya'll. some friends and i will be in sf on a trip and are planning to stay in hotels from the 22nd - 25th and we've been looking for a hotel that wouldn't be too expensive (preferably near $100/night) or far from the city. i looked and found a couple that are in oakland/hayward area and was wondering if that would be a good idea or if there is any other better recommendations of places to stay that you guys would have? its basically all of our first time in sf so were all dumb and would appreciate any guidance.

Try the Green tortoise hostile if your looking a cheap friendly place but might share a room with other travelers if you don't mind. Its close by the china banks.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2014, 10:57:32 PM »

Thanks.

this is great. from kezar to the dish, this is pretty thorough.

dillanharp

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try the Green tortoise hostile if your looking a cheap friendly place but might share a room with other travelers if you don't mind. Its close by the china banks.

Yea DO NOT stay in the east bay, it's a 45 minute bart ride in to the city from hayward and then you're bound to that train schedule to get back to your shit.

kem463

• Rep: 0
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »
Anyone willing to share this one?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yea DO NOT stay in the east bay, it's a 45 minute bart ride in to the city from hayward and then you're bound to that train schedule to get back to your shit.

Listen to this man! my homie stays in livermore area and was pretty upset that we had to get back to the train mad early. couldn't even fuck with the night life

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
Going to visit my sister in SF for two weeks in the start of april. I visited new york when i was ten, but have not been in the states since. I want to skate and see all the famous spots, but is public transportation or taxi the best solution for getting around? Money is not an issue. If anyone is up for a session that would also be sick, not that fun skating alone for two weeks.
Keenan Forever