Author Topic: Cities people should skate  (Read 6983 times)

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Cities people should skate
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
I can't speak for much but,

London, without a doubt such an awesome place to skate. So many original/ different spots

Truro in Cornwall has a lot of spots (from my brief encounter) and a great skate plaza

Reykjavik in Iceland, i visited there and i stayed just outside this plaza which had great sets and gaps and shit, walking around the city there was so many spots and like none of them are skate stopped. Also i went in this mall and kids were just skating around on the top floor, it's like security hasn't clamped down at all on skateboarding

all i can think of right now

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
Quote from: Doogie Howser  link=topic=50178.msg1414239#msg1414239 date=1301425261
You live around there?

yeah, i went univ of memphis for my mba and got a job there...but i am about to move to jackson ms in the next few months for a new job...do you live in memphis?
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

covwashere

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 04:46:11 AM »
I can't speak for much but,

London, without a doubt such an awesome place to skate. So many original/ different spots

Truro in Cornwall has a lot of spots (from my brief encounter) and a great skate plaza

Agreed on both counts.
London has the sickest, grimy spots around every corner. Such a rad place to skate.

Truro's new plaza is amazing. So many parks/plazas popping up around the south west.

Bristol & the surrounding area are amazing too. Such a solid scene, and pretty much a party haven.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 08:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
You live around there?
[close]

yeah, i went univ of memphis for my mba and got a job there...but i am about to move to jackson ms in the next few months for a new job...do you live in memphis?
Jackson's got a shitload of skatespots- only about an hour and half from here, too.

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You live around there?
[close]

[close]
Jackson's got a shitload of skatespots- only about an hour and half from here, too.
Plenty of spots in downtown Jackson and all around. The Planetarium is a good meet-up spot and Thalia Mara hall right next door has the smoothest ground ever on the second story. I think the indoor park is still open as well; it's called Red C and is on hwy 80 in South Jackson.

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
I see you skate Nashville some. I just moved to Bowling Green, Ky a few months back, and was planning on skating some street spots in Nashville. Where is that place with the marble ledges everywhere?

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 10:09:41 PM »
Sydney : Nice friendly city , nice women , some good street spots but takes abit of effort to find , alot of stuff is skate stopped but theres some good parks and minis . Great weather and sights too . lots of hills to bomb

Melbourne : Same deal as Sydney but with abit more euro vibe

Malmo: 2 great outdoor parks with all kinds of ledges , tranny and anything betwen . One big indoor park with everything you could
want . Alot of DIY spots thanks to mr pontus alv and other local heros . Alot of old and new architechure being built with spots for days
great women , best women ...

Copenhagen : Chill ass city with tons of party , alcohol and drugs , great women and a nice vibe . A indoor park , some outdoor stuff , some new stuff built and spots to be find in alot of places .

Tel Aviv : atleast one big park , some plazas and parks and some downtown spots if you can find them , nice ppl , and alot of party
great weather . MOST BEUTIFUL WOMEN IVE EVER SEEN

There certainly are some great spots in and around this city. Let me know next time you're in town and I can show you some hidden gems.

Drewski.Kalonji

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
Back to northern california:

san jos?: downtown, guadalupe parkway, all the skateparks, most school yards, and the eastside and southside all have hella terrain. never gets boring for me

sacramento: street and parks on lock you can definitely find what your looking for.

santa cruz: historical lived there for five years and still was finding new fun shit. from watsonville to the westside and even the mountains.

the peninsula south of the sco has hidden gems all over.

northbay: skatepark runs. you will not be dissapointed. st helena, sebastapol, novato, fairfield, benicia maybe rosetown.

you can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what hap

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »
it looks like most of the US cities are covered so i will stick to off the beaten path.  

Buenos Aires - i grew up there and it is an awesome city to skate or just be in period.   it's similar to Barcelona i suppose, if i could compare it to anything.   good food, spots, hot chicks and a nice european/latin vibe.....busts will be on a minimal.

Seoul - where i live now.   the city is enormous and has soooooooo much to skate.  plus it is really modern, has ridiculously hot chicks and great food.   the bust factor is basically non existent. compared to tokyo (which is on DC bust levels) it is just much better to skate and not be hassled.  i meet alot of japanese dudes that come over from tokyo just to hang out and skate.  Seoul is one of the most fun cities i've ever been to...add in marble shit everywhere and a basically non existent police force and rarely seen security guards and you got a great time.  

anddddd Shanghai i guess.  it's got alot of shit but i hear it's becoming a bust more on the regular.   i really fucking hate mainland china so i couldn't really feel good about myself recommending someone to go there.   skip that one.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:39:28 AM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?