Author Topic: Baltimore  (Read 4210 times)

superslopp

Baltimore
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »
anything cool near the goucher/towson area?

also, any idea where this spot is? i know it's in baltimore but does anyone have a street name or anything?

WitchBurner and Friends!

snaked plissken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
Re: Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
wish i knew, i live a little south of baltimore, i see spots all the time, can't wait to get back and skate.

BoAtZ

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »
Yeah dude that spot is the shit. its on East Biddle St. and North Bond St. Behind Johns Hopkins Hospital a bit.

superslopp

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
Yeah dude that spot is the shit. its on East Biddle St. and North Bond St. Behind Johns Hopkins Hospital a bit.

ahhhhh thanks so much, i'll check it out this weekend

superslopp

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
oh and, are there any specific times not to go/is it a bust/etc?

I Dont Know3948

• Rep: -12
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
check out the towson u campus, theres some good stuff around there. other than that, the courthouse is perfect, but a pretty big bust. you can usually get away with skating there on the weekends and at night, but be careful, cause they'll give you a ticket or take your board sometimes. there's some good rails up past the circle on york road. some sets and banks, plus a sick bank to wall in the garage of the mall. If you get into the city at all, there's actually some really good stuff.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »
The spot's not a bust, just go during the afternoon.  Like the guy above me said Towson University has some stuff, and the courthouse is decent, but the cops are dicks around there. 

Lurkenstock

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »
Yeah its a good idea to stay away from that spot at night, and if you ever see these dudes holding court there, ABORT MISSION.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
But seriously I skated a ditch in Towson like 4 years ago don't remember exactly where it was but it was dope.

Did some googling and found this, not the same ditch but looks fun:

Riverdale Ditch: See the photo below. It is near the University of MD in a PG County park and is still skateable to this day. As ditches go, it is small but is worth a trip out to give it a try. The concrete is old and rough so you will need to pump every wall with all your ability. Google Map "Riverdale Park, MD" and look for the cross-hair looking ditch just behind Rittenhouse St & 51stAve right along the 410 Eastwest Highway. Back in the day, you could park on Rittenhouse and just walk straight back to the ditch. Note, the local PG County Park Rangers are cool with you skating there, they even informally make sure the grass is cut near it for easy use. So keep it chill there, pick-up some trash and leave the place cleaner than you found it.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:54:44 PM by Lurkenstock »

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
dude that ditch is sick, i'm hitting that up once i get back to maryland, not too far from where i live either.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
Shit, I gotta check that ditch out.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
Come to Annapolis.

Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

superslopp

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
whoa, that ditch looks so fun. it's like an hour and a half out of the way, but if i'm ever more in the area i'll definitely check it out.

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
About to check out Baltimore and am wondering if anyone has any other spots?  I'm willing to trade for a plethora of spots in Richmond, VA if anyone is interested.  I know the basic downtown stuff like Lyric, but am wondering if there is anything else cool that I wouldn't know about being from out of town.  Thanks!

I Dont Know3948

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wenlzpqyGRM&feature=plcp&context=C470d0b1VDvjVQa1PpcFNPztoTZ7eomihwYLWXOBRr8hwb7KvySUo%3D
1:24 is pretty fun, its near the under armor headquarters down at locust point, off of key highway. theres some other cool ledges and stuff right around there, just kinda skate around and you'll see them.

thunderwood

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:23:17 AM »
That looks awesome!  Thanks man.  Gonna definitely check that one out.  Do you know if it's a bust at all?

thunderwood

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
So, the Wire spot was really cool and actually had a bunch of people skating, but the circular gaps by Under Armour were awesome but a total bust.  Got about five minutes in before we got the boot.  St. Paul Street had some cool stuff.

I Dont Know3948

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:28 AM »
damn, that sucks, i've never gotten the boot there. i guess i've mostly gone on the weekends though. what'd you hit on st. paul? did you skate the park around the monument?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
I've lived here for 23 years , and I've only skated downtown a handful of times, i normally drive the 45 mins into dc , although laurel park is pretty good if you get there early and beat the kids that are still in school

thunderwood

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
I've lived here for 23 years , and I've only skated downtown a handful of times, i normally drive the 45 mins into dc , although laurel park is pretty good if you get there early and beat the kids that are still in school

D.C. is such a bust though.  Even though Baltimore is a little sketchier, I found way more stuff just cruisin' around than I've ever found in 9+ years of skating D.C.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

Staun

• Rep: -5
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
Baltimore is really sketchy http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/assault/videotaped-baltimore-street-beating-879234   I'd definitely drive to downtown DC and sesh, if possible. Laurel is a super fun park as well

El Barto

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 07:56:44 PM »
We've got a few nice spots but nothing worth noting. Just saying if you're around Baltimore, we're a fucking rad city.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial