Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Fan CLub  (Read 11612 times)

dlx111

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -58
Battlefield 3 Fan CLub
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »
e3 was just on spike and they released a bunch of new footage for it. i have to say that i will have no life once this game comes out. this is the only game ive ever pre-ordered and for good reason. i feel no shame sounding like a loser cus this game is just incredible.

little multiplayer
Battlefield 3 Multilplayer!

the level that i had asked them to create
Battlefield 3 live demo

there is a buttload more on yerrtube

Rambo: The Skateboard Pimp

• Rep: -5
Re: Battlefield 3 Fan CLub
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:12:55 PM »
Can not wait! looks ridiculous.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:07 AM »
I've never played any of the Battlefield games but that looks fucking epic, I'll definitely be buying.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:39:40 AM »
BF2 was amazing, and since BF3 is supposed to be the direct sequal, I'm afraid of how well the game will translate to consoles.

For PC, BF2 was the best game ever. Since my PC is old and shitty now, I no longer have that option.

I feel like Dice has a lot more to prove to peak my interest enough to buy this for 360, since it most likely will be a watered down version from the PC version (which I have already read is going to have extra features and details not for the consoles).

Plus, I also read that there is only going to be 8 stock maps for MP. So get ready to shell out at least 800 but most likely 1200 ms points for a map pack that probably should have been included in the retail release.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
BF2 was amazing, and since BF3 is supposed to be the direct sequal, I'm afraid of how well the game will translate to consoles.

For PC, BF2 was the best game ever. Since my PC is old and shitty now, I no longer have that option.

I feel like Dice has a lot more to prove to peak my interest enough to buy this for 360, since it most likely will be a watered down version from the PC version (which I have already read is going to have extra features and details not for the consoles).

Plus, I also read that there is only going to be 8 stock maps for MP. So get ready to shell out at least 800 but most likely 1200 ms points for a map pack that probably should have been included in the retail release.

did you play bad company 2? it's the best multiplayer shooter of this console generation. it may be 8 stock maps, plus the 3 or 4 that come with the 'special edition', which is just the regular ass game. i pre-ordered it for the 360, but will have a more than capable pc in a few months, so i'll probably pick it up for that, too.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
I didn't play bad company, only the demo, but from the demo it honestly felt nothing that special. Maybe I should give the full game a go. I dunno.

The thing is, BF3 isn't a bad company sequal, it's supposed to be the next BF2. And that's going to be hard to live up to considering BF2 had 64+ player servers and all the intricate attack choppers, fighter jets and other vehicles. Not to mention enormous, well thought out and amazing maps.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
I didn't play bad company, only the demo, but from the demo it honestly felt nothing that special. Maybe I should give the full game a go. I dunno.

The thing is, BF3 isn't a bad company sequal, it's supposed to be the next BF2. And that's going to be hard to live up to considering BF2 had 64+ player servers and all the intricate attack choppers, fighter jets and other vehicles. Not to mention enormous, well thought out and amazing maps.
it's not a sequel, but it uses a new version of the engine from bc2. get it, the demo wasn't multiplayer if i remember correctly and that's where it shines. 15 months later and it's still the best multiplayer game on any system right now in my opinion. the maps aren't bf2 huge, but they are big enough for vehicles. just don't play as recon.

dlx111

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:06:38 AM »
yeah bc2 was by far still better than blackops or mw2, but im sure it feels different than bf2 did. the bf3 for all consoles are getting original bf2 maps, weapons, and vehicles in the back to karkand pack which you get if you preorder. so the new maps plus those and i would think eventually map packs makes it great, plus you gotta remeber that the maps this time around are literally like 3x the size of anything on bc2.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

Yeah, I don't really know how excited I should let myself be. PC is definitely going to have all the really standout shit, because outside of new technology it's a pretty standard shooter. Bad Company 2 is a ton of fun though, I just don't want to feel like I'm getting a second-rate version of the PC version with this one.

Some details have been coming out that sound pretty interesting, only three classes. Medic is merged with Assault, Support class machine gun has to be mounted on something to be accurate now (like Day of Defeat), and something about the Scout class being less able to run and gun. Plus apparently you can pin people down with suppressing fire and their vision will blur, which sounds interesting but could turn out super annoying.

earlygrab

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »
I had to physically break my BC2 game so I would stop playing it. I had every pin and award but 1. It was my crack. Then they let the servers go to shit and it became the exact opposite of fun.

I can't wait for this game to rule my life.

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »
I gonna red ring my old ass 360 with this game. Can't fucking wait. Looks so much better than weak ass mw3

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »
you guys are starting to convince me, it's good to hear there's more than 8 maps if you pre-order.

I think It's more like I just don't want to get my hopes too high since I loved BF2 so much and now my computer is a POS so I won't be able to play the PC version. Still haven't tried BC2 but I intend to.

If they pull it off, it will be a very welcome change to the COD monopoly and I will probably choose this over MW3 (but who am I kidding I'll probably get that too, plus Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is coming out at the same time, so looks like I'm not leaving my house for the month of november.)

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
Alright so EA is fucking around with this pre order bullshit. They are trying to split up content so you have to pay extra for the full game. Dice did not make this decision EA did. Boycott the pre order for this game so game companies know not to pull this shit.

sauce
http://blogs.forbes.com/insertcoin/2011/06/13/the-day-dlc-went-too-far/

earlygrab

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
banning pre orders should be the norm. too many hands in my pocket already.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
How will you have to pay extra for the game by pre ordering?

Dont u just put like 5 bucks down then it gets taken off the price when you purchase it?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »
How will you have to pay extra for the game by pre ordering?

Dont u just put like 5 bucks down then it gets taken off the price when you purchase it?
amazon pre-orders you don't pay anything until it ships. i don't get what the big deal is.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
So i took your guys advice and picked up Bad Company 2......and actually very impressed.

Surprised how authentic the "war" atmosphere seems, and even with only 24 player servers max it still gets pretty chaotic. Especially like how they added the spotting with the back button technique from BF2, plus when you spot someone and someone else kills them you get assist points, genius! Only downfall is the attack chopper, shit was so fun in BF2, but I think since the level are too small they had to nerf it for this one. It will be interesting to see how the aircraft comes out in BF3, I think I saw somewhere that there will be jets too.

BC2 is making me really stoked for BF3, as long as they pull off the online MP like they did in bad company 2 with more features, better graphics and maps then I can't see myself going back to call of duty any time soon.

Max if you wanna play sometime hit me up, or any other of you guys with BC2.

dlx111

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
you should check out medal of honor also, i think it kinda shows a little bit of what will be in bf3, though the gameplay is alittle different. its still a super fun game but more of a cross between cod and bf, rather than bc2 which is just straight bf.

if your on the ps3 my name is Michael-Dangelow

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »
this game looks sooo dope cant fucking wait for it, this and MW3 will probably take over my life

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »
So i took your guys advice and picked up Bad Company 2......and actually very impressed.

Surprised how authentic the "war" atmosphere seems, and even with only 24 player servers max it still gets pretty chaotic. Especially like how they added the spotting with the back button technique from BF2, plus when you spot someone and someone else kills them you get assist points, genius! Only downfall is the attack chopper, shit was so fun in BF2, but I think since the level are too small they had to nerf it for this one. It will be interesting to see how the aircraft comes out in BF3, I think I saw somewhere that there will be jets too.

BC2 is making me really stoked for BF3, as long as they pull off the online MP like they did in bad company 2 with more features, better graphics and maps then I can't see myself going back to call of duty any time soon.

Max if you wanna play sometime hit me up, or any other of you guys with BC2.

def will

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
Im hoping the graphics engine really makes a noticeable difference. The graphics in BC2 always seemed "muddy" or washed out, never very sharp.

The gameplay demos have been sick, just hope it translates well to actual online play.

Im glad this comes out 1 month before MW3, pretty sure between those 2 and Uncharted 3, I won't be getting much work done.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 08:07:47 AM »
you should check out medal of honor also, i think it kinda shows a little bit of what will be in bf3, though the gameplay is alittle different. its still a super fun game but more of a cross between cod and bf, rather than bc2 which is just straight bf.

if your on the ps3 my name is Michael-Dangelow

Dang, im on xbox.

I would like to try medal of honor.... Too many games tho and too little time, plus i cant afford it haha.

I try to make a point of falling behind the times with games, then i grab them used for cheap. I got bc2 for $30

Frisco i know what u mean about the graphics I also think the anti-aliasing could be better, theres lots of jaggys. it already looks way better in those vids tho.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:11:38 AM by Choad Muskrat »

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
I have fond memories of playing BF2 and some very stressful ones as well. I remember this guy in a cobra chasing me into a building on one of the china maps and stalking me for like 20 mins! Also I remember a blackhawk was bearing down on me, guns blazing, and I hit it with my grenade launcher and it crashed right in front of me. Felt like a movie. If BF3 can deliver more moments like this, then they can have my money
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »

earlygrab

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
whats behind them black squares???? looks like a nice blend of gameplay.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »
WOW, those graphics look unreal!

Stoked for this, even more since Ive been playing Bad Company 2 again

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 08:00:36 AM »
F YA can't wait for this. Glad to see you can go prone. The guy in the last clip was pretty good, that's pretty much how I play the game constant rushing.

WOW, those graphics look unreal!

Stoked for this, even more since Ive been playing Bad Company 2 again

Are you gonna get it for 360 or PS3?

I've been playing bad company 2 a bunch, not sure how I overlooked that game but I think I was just bitter about battlefield being on consoles.

It's awesome tho, I went 26/11 yesterday purely as assault capping flags the whole time.

codithou

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »
Another gameplay video. Around 15 minutes of footage.
BF3 gameplay
This is my youtube channel so i am setting it as Unlisted in hopes it doesn't get taken down.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »
Pre ordered this today, PS3

Between this, MW3, Uncharted 3, Max Payne 3, NHL 12 and Arkham City, it's gonna be a lazy month

codithou

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »
They just announced the PC version will have 64 player gameplay while the console versions will only have 24 player max.

I wish I had a gaming PC so bad.