Author Topic: what's the best thing...  (Read 1631 times)

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
what's the best thing...
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »
about your local skate scene?

for me... walking out my front door and just throwing down my board knowing any direction i go will lead to some ill shit. the stoke of people in the city about skateboarding. powerslides for days. curb cuts and driveway dips. the train that takes you back up the bottom of the hill and how after 8:30 at night it's rare to see cops patrolling em for people not paying. the endless lines. the rad skate shops. the graffitied skateparks. the people who come here, live here, and kill it on a daily basis.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: what's the best thing...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
about your local skate scene?

for me... walking out my front door and just throwing down my board knowing any direction i go will lead to some ill shit. the stoke of people in the city about skateboarding. powerslides for days. curb cuts and driveway dips. the train that takes you back up the bottom of the hill and how after 8:30 at night it's rare to see cops patrolling em for people not paying. the endless lines. the rad skate shops. the graffitied skateparks. the people who come here, live here, and kill it on a daily basis.
I'm guessing you live in Antartica?

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »
i live in california. this place IS skateboarding
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »
The enthusiasm and skill of the actual skateboarders in the city and surrounding areas despite the obvious shit weather for the majority of the year.

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
The enthusiasm and skill of the actual skateboarders in the city and surrounding areas despite the obvious shit weather for the majority of the year.
This and the funniest and most down to earth people I know are skaters.

superslopp

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 12:04:53 AM »
the same 10-20 dudes that i skate with can always be found at the skatepark from around 1-8 on weekdays, and then on saturdays and sundays, everyone meets up at the park around noon to go cruise around the city or hit some spots or something. i rarely have to text people to see where they're skating, it's pretty sick.

dankradschwag

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 10:25:08 AM »
my local scene sucks, in texas everybody wants to be like austin's scene...its gay

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
Exploring is fun but getting robbed kinda kills the buzz, gotta have a partner in the streets

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
right now
the city

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
Dudes not letting anything hold them down, night raids popping off skatestoppers and taking off kinks, making DIY parks, people trying to do their own companies, having a decent lil city with tucked away gems, cops worrying more about heroin,shootings, and real crimes then skateboarding, a shit ton of underground rippers holding the city down, kids with mad love for skating that it doesn't matter if its a scorching hot summer day or a freezing winter day, kids will still be out skating 24/7. A decent outdoor park and a decent indoor park.  Just wish we had the return of a skater owned skateshop, we had 3 at 1 one point, and all we're eating. Now the last one we had went under.I love my city, it was a lil more radder a few years ago but its still all good.
"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
nothing

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
tight crew, nice park, the love and resurgence of the scene after a little down period, all the ill rippers in downtown