Author Topic: Playstation Vita  (Read 2303 times)

frisco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Playstation Vita
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
249$ for the Wifi model

dual thumbsticks, finally can play actual FPS, imagine a SKATE game on this thing

Front screen is touch and rear touch pad, front and rear cameras, sixaxis as well

Personally I think this thing is way sicker than the 3DS, Nintendo has such rad game franchises, but I think this will be more fun

Officially hyped

E3 2011: Games Montage (Stream) HD - PlayStation Vita

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Playstation Vita
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »
Im pretty hyped on it, will probably impulse buy it at some point this fall.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »
that footage of a possible new uncharted game already made me hyped, the rest was just a bonus

This doens't look like a disappointment at all

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/ps-vita-memory-card-prices-leak-and-they-are-very-high-20111128/

Expensive as fuck, and if you are downloading games from the PSN or demos, the 16 or 32G is a must.

I have 4 downloaded PSP games I got from a buddies account that I plan on moving on when I get it which sucks becuase I more than likely have to get the 32G

Can't beat dual thumbsticks though, hope EA makes or ports one of the Skate games onto this thing

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »
i saw the video for resistance burning skies and got a boner
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »
Picked up a Vita a few months ago.

It is pretty amazing. One of the best screens I've seen.

What I've had the most fun with is going back and downloading all the awesome PSP games I missed. Plus with the dual analogs you can play old PS2 games that were ported to the PSP like Star Wars Battlefront 2 and GTA Vice City Stories

Gravity Rush is tight, in terms of Vita games I have that, Resistance and Uncharted.

I'd take a Vita over a 3DS, much better controls, better graphics

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
I've been really considering buying one for awhile now - maybe get on those handheld Metal Gear games that I've missed out on

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 08:49:23 AM »
I was considering starting a thread for vita owners but seeing as there already is one I thought "might as well revive this", for the purposes of general Vita discussion.
Having recently bought the slim version I'm very pleased with the console. I have a about 10 games for it so far but have only played a handful of them (Gravity Rush, Tearaway and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection).
Managed to grab a few bargains on the PSN store yesterday; Child of Light for £3.50 crossbuy with PS3 and Resident Evil Ps1 collection for £5.
If you're into PS1 games this is a perfect way to play them, especially if like me you don't have room for a T.V in your room.

Any other Vita owners or potential owners here want to share some fav games etc?

Oh, also , I was looking a skateboard game to get but I'm not sure about Olli Olli.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 11:16:59 AM »
I was considering starting a thread for vita owners but seeing as there already is one I thought "might as well revive this", for the purposes of general Vita discussion.
Having recently bought the slim version I'm very pleased with the console. I have a about 10 games for it so far but have only played a handful of them (Gravity Rush, Tearaway and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection).
Managed to grab a few bargains on the PSN store yesterday; Child of Light for �3.50 crossbuy with PS3 and Resident Evil Ps1 collection for �5.
If you're into PS1 games this is a perfect way to play them, especially if like me you don't have room for a T.V in your room.

Any other Vita owners or potential owners here want to share some fav games etc?

Oh, also , I was looking a skateboard game to get but I'm not sure about Olli Olli.

I've always thought the Vita looked sweet, I don't have the money to buy one but eventually maybe. I've played Olli Olli on PC and it's pretty fun, it's way more tony hawk style of course but going through the first few courses doing realistic tricks is pretty fun (can't do it later though cause the courses get crazy). If it's on sale it's worth checking out.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »
Any of you fellows played the Hyperdimension Neptunia games (Vita or otherwise)?
I'll have to import it if I want a physical copy of the Re:Birth Vita ones as it wasn't released in the EU and am curious as to people's thoughts on the games.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »
I ending up getting that Borderlands 2 bundle a couple of months back. I've been traveling a lot lately. I absolute love the vita. I don't know why people hate on it. I've been playing persona 3 and 4 again on it. I also played danganronpa. I would recommend it if you're into visual novel stuff.