Author Topic: Gnar  (Read 8494 times)

TheDraught

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gnar
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »

TheNAC

• Rep: -26
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »
Fuck yeah! Meth sounds fucking legit! I might actually try whiskey though, going Clint Eastwood on doz bitches would be Hella fuckin tight. I tried yesterday, put some sabbath on, tried some Reynolds maddness, broke myself, and it felt fucking gnarly. Seems like my heel bruises never heel though, but that's alright. In the words Forest Edwards,"I like rough ground, getting hurt is fun." Then maybe I'll eat a fuckin apple... Reynolds eats fruits.

dankradschwag

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
yeah dude, reynolds...

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »
First of all - leave the internet.
This is the last place to find answers to questions such as this.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

TheNAC

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:45 PM »
First of all - leave the internet.
This is the last place to find answers to questions such as this.

Isn't*

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
do what forrest does
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
The bigger the stairs, the smaller the dick.

TheNAC

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
Fuck stairs... I wanna do the Mega Ramp and shit

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »
*waiting for Vov's advice*

dick lunch

• Rep: 4
  • Jesus H. Swine
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
Worship Satan, climb the aggro crag, and beat up the gentleman below...

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
Repeat this mantra in your head when you are rolling up to something gnarly, and believe it: "I want to eat shit." Seriously, inviting or deciding that taking a gnarly slam would be awesome makes me feel way more confident when I try something. Also, 9 times out of 10, when you actually do try something gnarly, if you can make it past that first slam where you realize its not even as bad as you thought, confidence comes to you.
Also, telling a bunch of friends that will give you shit for pussing out that you are going to try that gnarly thing helps you self-apply peer pressure.
Whiskey kills inhibitions and numbs pain, if you don't drink too much it will definitely aid the gnarliness.
And like everybody else said, take steps. Don't just huck yourself down/into/onto some gnarly ass shit that you aren't prepared for. No matter how gnarly you are, if you don't have the skills, it ain't gonna happen.
Skate when a bunch of shit is going wrong in your life. I swear this makes me feel so much better with risking my body.
Get health insurance, then you take the financial issue out of getting hurt.

That's definitely what worked for this kid.

Morgan Burguess

• Rep: -5
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 07:36:31 AM »
How do I get fucking gnarly? I wanna stop being a faggot and skate some fucking huge ridiculous shit.

simple...
1. Listen to Black Sabbath/ Slayer / M?terhead - all the time 24/7
2. Watch all the John Cardiel Footage - if you don?t know what to do - ask yourself: what woud Cardiel do..."
3. Don?t go home before you give blood.
4. If you think you are too fast - push 3 times more.
5. if you get broke - dont give a fuck, try it again. If you think you cant walk anymore do it 3 time more.
6. Dont cry - just smile - no matter what happen to your body.
7. try any day something new. (something gnarly... on your own standard)
8. stop talking - start doing.
9. stop complaining - just do it.
10. leave the internet right now - and start that program on daily base... and you will get fucking gnarly

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
you understand the level of gnarly these days right?

skate for fun...

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=53981.msg1465551#msg1465551 date=1308023496
Expand Quote
Repeat this mantra in your head when you are rolling up to something gnarly, and believe it: "I want to eat shit." Seriously, inviting or deciding that taking a gnarly slam would be awesome makes me feel way more confident when I try something. Also, 9 times out of 10, when you actually do try something gnarly, if you can make it past that first slam where you realize its not even as bad as you thought, confidence comes to you.
Also, telling a bunch of friends that will give you shit for pussing out that you are going to try that gnarly thing helps you self-apply peer pressure.
Whiskey kills inhibitions and numbs pain, if you don't drink too much it will definitely aid the gnarliness.
And like everybody else said, take steps. Don't just huck yourself down/into/onto some gnarly ass shit that you aren't prepared for. No matter how gnarly you are, if you don't have the skills, it ain't gonna happen.
Skate when a bunch of shit is going wrong in your life. I swear this makes me feel so much better with risking my body.
[close]

never gets old

TheNAC

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
Oh shittttt! Fuck yeah. Just so you guys know, I'm Jaws. This a joke. I know I'm already gnarly as fuck, did you see my shit? I'm a fucking man

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
that meth head reminds me of nelly

Jesus-Condom

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=53981.msg1465551#msg1465551 date=1308023496
Expand Quote
[close]

Did he really think he was gonna land that?! Not only was the set fucking huge but the ground was slick from the rain. You can tell by the video its winter and this kids trying to land that even if the grounds wet? He like fell head first on the stair set.

rmoto

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:50 PM »
Smoke extreme amounts of weed and drink way too much beer. Then make a whole skate company around that idea. Make really shitty boards and have 12 year old kids and stoners worship you. Actually that might only work for Baker/Deathwish so nevermind.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011, 10:55:09 PM »
Punch yourself in the head in a bout of frustration as you constantly roll up to the spot, dulled senses and dead braincells lead to bad decisions (blind faith in a higher power will have a similar effect), and anything gnarly you can do on a skateboard is a very bad decision, as far as the risk involved at todays levels of gnarlitude.

Alternatively take up wakeblading, fresh ground to be broken over there, and hopefully you might even drown...

TheNAC

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
Punch yourself in the head in a bout of frustration as you constantly roll up to the spot, dulled senses and dead braincells lead to bad decisions (blind faith in a higher power will have a similar effect), and anything gnarly you can do on a skateboard is a very bad decision, as far as the risk involved at todays levels of gnarlitude.

Alternatively take up wakeblading, fresh ground to be broken over there, and hopefully you might even drown...
Haha, I wish this was Facebook so I could like your post. "Hopefully, you might even drown..." That was funny

TheNAC

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:35 AM »
 ;D Your advice actually worked! I remembered some stuff that you guys said when I was skating this handrail, and, all jokes aside, thank you.

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
goodjob kiddo and reember what cotg says train hard everyday

Siem van Woerkom

• Rep: -8
    • Mpora avatar image
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 06:31:52 AM »
i cant get myself to jump down stuff.. dont know what it is. i have done 6 stairs once, just play some metal!
Siem Van Woerkom - Mpora Skateboard    Expert