Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126466 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 01:07:11 AM »
[i havent read any of the books, but that episode was fucking amazing. between the green fire, and the scenes with the quotes 'those are brave men at our walls, lets go kill them' and 'iany man dies witha clean sword, i'll rape his fucking corpse'. hbo is the fucking best.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2012, 02:38:58 AM »
Worst episode this season . But for game of thrones that is still pretty fucking good . Anyways Didnt expect them to go all out for the battle since the budget would not be enough . Guess they still did a good job

Again they changed things but not too far off the books .  Joffrey is such a cunt . in both books and series . Actor that plays him will have to play Mother Theresa in his next movie to ever get out of the joffrey type cast 

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:54 AM »
the battle in the book seemed so much more epic. I guess LOTR spoiled me.

why hasn't there been any word on an extended edition of the first season? are they saving that for when popularity dwindles a bit?

anyway, books are still far better.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2012, 06:21:37 AM »

why hasn't there been any word on an extended edition of the first season? are they saving that for when popularity dwindles a bit?

I think 1 battle in LOTR had the same budget as a whole season for Game of thrones ....

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2012, 07:32:59 AM »

Damn, I haven't heard anything about an extended version. Would be nice though.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »
i wish they had shown loris's brother in renly's armor and the hound didn't make sansa sing for him. fuck.

edit: it was his brother i forgot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:16:04 PM by max power »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
The worst episode of the season? My mind is blown reading that, was expecting this thread to be bustling with glowing reviews after last night. That was the best of the year, and either best of the show or tied with the season 1 premiere or ned's beheading episode.

Can't you guys just enjoy the shows as well as the books, be them the same or different? That had amazing writing and acting, had really good effects and production value too. The only thing was that the battle area felt small, the gates/beach was too tight and didn't provide the expansive area that king's landing really has, even if its just a part of it. Lord of the rings is fucking trash and a big budget does nothing to change that, don't bother comparing them. Who really cares about the fight scenes either, even though the ones last night had plenty of gruesome and vivid death scenes. Just the small details were done so right, so many indicitive moments and character building through actions instead of just words. That's when shows are the best, and they got it right last night.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
That episode was the best of the season so far for the sheer fact that a dude's head got vaporized by a fucking rock. In fact, someone needs to make a gif of that so I can use it as my avatar.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »
Sorry for the huge picture.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2012, 10:19:33 PM »
i don't care about the scope or budget of the fight scenes, it just feels like there were a lot of missed opportunities in that and the last few episodes.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
Meeh Abit weird the mother of dragons killed her last "girl "  it was waaay diffrent in the book . I cant figure out why they killed them off for the series ?

Aryas "changes " in the series is not good . Should have kept it along with the book

Ep 10 was still really really good . Love this show

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
The episode "Blackwater" was written by George RR Martin, so I think he's pretty cool with the changes they made. There's stuff in the books that's interesting but there's no way you could fit it all in an hour long show. That said, Reek and Roose Bolton better be showing up soon.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »
That said, Reek and Roose Bolton better be showing up soon.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »
Roose Bolton has already been in the show

And having Arya Kill some ppl befor she escaped like in the books would add more depth to the the person Arya is turning into

But I was kinda weirded out how Danny was turning out but she seems to be back on her ass kicking side again

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

And having Arya Kill some ppl befor she escaped like in the books would add more depth to the the person Arya is turning into

Yeah, this bummed me out.

And Cuddle, are you thinking of Ramsay Snow/Bolton. Roose was the dad.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
Roose Bolton has already been in the show

Oh shit, you're right! "Robb details a plan to offer mercy to Theon's men so that they will abandon him allowing them to retake the castle with minimal bloodshed. Roose is confident that it will work." Yes, yes. Minimal bloodshed.

Did anyone else notice that when they're raiding Xaro's house you can see a couple Dothraki making off with that peacock statue they were arguing over when they first got to Qarth?

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Meeh Abit weird the mother of dragons killed her last "girl "  it was waaay diffrent in the book . I cant figure out why they killed them off for the series ?
Xaro didn't betray her in the book. He did betray her in the TV show by assisting with kidnapping her dragons. That's why he had to die. Plus his appearance later in the books is pretty insignificant. It was a nice way to wrap up his story line for an abbreviated tv show. I do agree that it was weird to kill off her handmaid by changing her story.

The white walkers were pretty awesome. That zombie horse was perfectly how I pictured it in the book.

That was the first time in the series that the Tyrion/Shae story felt like the book. In the book it really did seem like she is in love with him. Throughout the TV show it's felt more like a business relationship. Fuck Pycel!

They needed to make this season about 4 more episodes longer to really cover the book well, but... I guess HBO needs to pump all it's money into that abomination True Blood.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
From what I've heard, seasons 3 and 4 will both cover Storm of Swords.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
From what I've heard, seasons 3 and 4 will both cover Storm of Swords.

It's true. I've also read that the last two books will be written in time to merge with the series' release schedule - next books will probably all need more than a single season, but I'm worried about aging of actors, children especially. The events in books don't cover a big time-span at all, yet the last book's release is at least 5+ years off from now (Arya will be a woman grown by the end).

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Xaro didn't betray her in the book. He did betray her in the TV show by assisting with kidnapping her dragons. That's why he had to die. Plus his appearance later in the books is pretty insignificant. It was a nice way to wrap up his story line for an abbreviated tv show. I do agree that it was weird to kill off her handmaid by changing her story.

The white walkers were pretty awesome. That zombie horse was perfectly how I pictured it in the book.

That was the first time in the series that the Tyrion/Shae story felt like the book. In the book it really did seem like she is in love with him. Throughout the TV show it's felt more like a business relationship. Fuck Pycel!

Yeah no problem with Xaro getting killed off . Was more problem with the handmaiden . In the last book she still had 2 out of 3 left I belive ?  and now she has 0 ? in the tv show ?   . If I do remember correctly the westeros handmaiden that got thrown in the vault should have died back when they were in the dessert ? and the other 2 live on . So I guess its kinda along the story .

But I digged that chick that got killed in the vault now , and she was the last one left so got abit bummed about it

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Red Wedding.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
^RED WEDDING SON! People who haven't read the books will have their minds blown and their hearts broken haha

PS - Don't google Red Wedding if you don't want major spoilers

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »
Can someone explain why winterfell was burned down? And who did it? Didn't the ironborns leave peacefully, and wasn't the city surrounded by northerners?why would they burn their own city to the ground if its unprotected?

I feel like I just didn't understand it, but please no spoilers, just lemme know if I should already know.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »
Can someone explain why winterfell was burned down? And who did it? Didn't the ironborns leave peacefully, and wasn't the city surrounded by northerners?why would they burn their own city to the ground if its unprotected?

I feel like I just didn't understand it, but please no spoilers, just lemme know if I should already know.

Well I dont belive they burned it down in the books . So Im not going to say who did it if it wasnt the ironborn . Things change up abit in next season you will see

And yeah ppl who havent read the books will watch next season with jaw on the floor .  Cant wait for Aryas story to unfold now , shit will go down !

The Imp has alot of shit going down too and Danny will be killing it

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2012, 10:18:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well I dont belive they burned it down in the books . So Im not going to say who did it if it wasnt the ironborn . Things change up abit in next season you will see

And yeah ppl who havent read the books will watch next season with jaw on the floor .  Cant wait for Aryas story to unfold now , shit will go down !

The Imp has alot of shit going down too and Danny will be killing it
Winterfell did get razed in the book.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
Rob Stark sent the Bolton's to Winterfell to recapture it. He told Bolton to let any iron born men free if they give up Theon. They did. The iron born did not burn Winterfell. Any more info would be a spoiler.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »
Thank you sir

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »

This is looking very good.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »
Too stoked for this. Bummer that most of the awesome shit Tyrion gets into won't be until the fourth season, but that weddding is gonna get gnarly. Beric Dondarrion is gonna be cool to see as well
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
awwww shit son

While this is not my fav book , alot of cool stuff will happen . Mostly into Arya and Danny , but there will be alot of things going down

its next month right ?