Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126309 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #960 on: August 27, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
A lot to unpack in this one. I'm not going to be the one to do it in type.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2017, 09:17:37 PM »
Why was that dragons wings tattered? That shit was dead like 5 mins. Also, what was it shooting to take the wall down? Extra cold shit that makes the rocks and ice explode?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:03 PM »
It's what we call a fantasy show that has zero basis in reality. Just fucking enjoy watching destruction.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
I like my fantasy to be rooted based on real life science  ;)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
Dragon physics is tyte. Or should I say Drogon physics.....

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2017, 09:44:53 PM »
Also, 99% of the scientific community agrees that global wall warming is caused by dead dragons. FAKE NEWS!

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #966 on: August 27, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
Why was that dragons wings tattered? That shit was dead like 5 mins. Also, what was it shooting to take the wall down? Extra cold shit that makes the rocks and ice explode?
Frost fire... It's a thing... in fantasy shit...

Also, in b4 "Arya had training for like 10 minutes no way she could have slit his throat that fast."
you never know about pre-cum 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: August 27, 2017, 11:25:41 PM »
If Valyrian steel can kill a white walker, it can make quick work of that piece of shit.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: August 27, 2017, 11:29:08 PM »
Not gonna lie, that was the most satisfying thing in the episode for me.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #969 on: August 27, 2017, 11:43:25 PM »
One of the most satisfying deaths of the series for me.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #970 on: August 28, 2017, 05:25:37 AM »
How was Littlefingers death satisfying? It was rushed and super anticlimactic for how much of a schemer he was. Also making Jon Aegon is so fucking half assed. This show has fucking sucked since GRRM stopped helping out in season 5. I'm glad he cleared it up that the books will be completely different. And what the fuck was the point of having Tyrion creeping all sad out side the door as the incest went down? Now all of a sudden he's in love with Dany? Made no sense to have him creeping sadly like that. Bran could see his sister get raped on her wedding night but couldn't see his aunt marry Rhaegar and needed Sam to tell him? Show is fucking ass now. Invested 7 years into it and it's become hot garbage.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #971 on: August 28, 2017, 06:25:13 AM »
Don't let the door hit you

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »
How was Littlefingers death satisfying? It was rushed and super anticlimactic for how much of a schemer he was. Also making Jon Aegon is so fucking half assed. This show has fucking sucked since GRRM stopped helping out in season 5. I'm glad he cleared it up that the books will be completely different. And what the fuck was the point of having Tyrion creeping all sad out side the door as the incest went down? Now all of a sudden he's in love with Dany? Made no sense to have him creeping sadly like that. Bran could see his sister get raped on her wedding night but couldn't see his aunt marry Rhaegar and needed Sam to tell him? Show is fucking ass now. Invested 7 years into it and it's become hot garbage.

STOP WATCHING THE FUCKING SHOW IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH.

It was satisfying because I like watching that piece of shit mewl and beg for his life.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #973 on: August 28, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »
Huge hand clap for Lena Headey/the writers. Cersei played Tyrion/me so well with that pregnancy fake-out. I thought it was obvious she reached for her stomach, but her reaction when Tyrion pointed it out to her made me believe it was a subconscious move on her part. I don't believe she's actually pregnant.

Also, did anyone else read the scene where Jaime left Cersei as her giving the command to the Mountain to take Jaime out? Cause that's what I thought was happening up until Jaime's under that dreary winter sky.

Jon & Theon's scene was so moving. Because Bran's personality died, Theon is really the closest thing to a brother Jon has. I'm happy Theon's standing up for what's right, but there's been too many fake-outs with deaths this season that I was looking forward to his arc ending. Btw, getting kneed is getting kneed, gonna hurt less with no junk, but it'll hurt nonetheless. That was corny.

Regarding undead Viserion - I think it was blue flame, obviously super powerful. He kept the flames up for so damn long. He's going to roast the shit out of the living before anyone can do a thing about it. Rhaegal & Drogon having a difficult time taking him out is an understatement.

Aegon - Why did Lyanna name him that when Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon? Unless that isn't fully confirmed in the show and just the books.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Joe Pesci

« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
I thought the same thing about its wings, not only was it dead for no time but would having tattered wings not affect flying? And it's body also isn't bones like the rest of the white walkers, personally I think it would've been sicker if the body was all boned out with a half skull/half face type thing going on and just like regular thin wings.

Also, did anyone else read the scene where Jaime left Cersei as her giving the command to the Mountain to take Jaime out? Cause that's what I thought was happening up until Jaime's under that dreary winter sky.
I thought there would just be some plot twist where people think Terion/Jaime is just gonna talk to Cersei and that she was just bluffing (which she was) but that The Mountain would actually just smoke them, leaving the rest of the characters to figure it out.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #975 on: August 28, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »

Aegon - Why did Lyanna name him that when Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon? Unless that isn't fully confirmed in the show and just the books.

I thought the exact same thing.

Episode was amazing. My jaw dropped with the fake out "Lord Baelish" line. With his death, we can pretty much close out the Lannister vs Stark drama for now, and move on with the Great War.

Jon Snow true parentage scene was good. Liked the way that they presented it when we already knew.

Viserion destroying the wall has got to be one of my favorite scenes in the show. But seeing the Night King bobbing up and down on a dead dragon was kind of funny to me.

Did anyone else tense up during the meeting? Especially before the hound let the wight out of the box?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #976 on: August 28, 2017, 11:50:21 AM »
Littlefinger's death was great and very welcome.

Can't believe we actually saw Rhaegar. They are brothers but he looked a lot like Viserys.

Naming Jon 'Aegon' doesn't make a lot of sense at this point so that must be book canon.

Harsh of Rhaegar to peace-out his other son Aegon like that. Unless he knew, somehow, what would happen to him.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #977 on: August 28, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »
I'm not too bothered by the Aegon thing. Rhaegar was big on prophecy and had a life-long boner for Aegon the Conqueror. He wanted his Prince Who Was Promised to have a little flare to him. That's what I'm going with at least.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #978 on: August 28, 2017, 12:54:34 PM »

Boy I Really Hope Somebody Got Fired For That Blunder

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: August 28, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »

It's just blue fire. Viserion is NOT an ice dragon. He's just a reanimated dead dragon.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #980 on: August 28, 2017, 07:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the main problem I have with this season is the disturbing lack of nudity
[close]

Like two seasons ago Lena and Emilia got all feministic and complained. Hence the lack of nudity.
[close]

Feminism is cancer

You guys saw the scenes where they both of them got naked this season, right? Stoopkid, I figured with all of your complaints about Viserion's fire being powder blue instead of cerulean blue or whatever that you wouldn't miss that detail. Or believe, in sincerity, that the choice to avoid nudity or use a body double is really representative of feminism.

Great episode. Kept it tense the whole way through.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #981 on: August 29, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
So... Beric and Tormund are done for?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #982 on: August 29, 2017, 12:28:45 AM »
So... Beric and Tormund are done for?

They made it to the side of the wall that didn't crumble. No fucking way a walker is gonna climb that thing just to kill them. They're alive and will live for season 8.

End of Beric and Tormund questions regarding their fates.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #983 on: August 29, 2017, 03:35:57 AM »
Tormund still needs to make giant babies with Brienne that will conquer the world.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #984 on: August 29, 2017, 03:40:30 AM »
Tormund still needs to make giant babies with Brienne that will conquer the world.

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #985 on: August 30, 2017, 07:09:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I thought the same thing about its wings, not only was it dead for no time but would having tattered wings not affect flying? And it's body also isn't bones like the rest of the white walkers, personally I think it would've been sicker if the body was all boned out with a half skull/half face type thing going on and just like regular thin wings.

Expand Quote

[close]
I thought there would just be some plot twist where people think Terion/Jaime is just gonna talk to Cersei and that she was just bluffing (which she was) but that The Mountain would actually just smoke them, leaving the rest of the characters to figure it out.

It probably will eventually have some bone exposed. I watched some behind the scenes with the makeup and prosthetics guys and they were saying how deteriorated the undead were depended how long it had been since they were killed. Some look more fresh with more skin because they were killed more recently where as the ones with more bone exposed were killed longer ago. Thats why i thought it was silly when the dragon had holes in his wings because they did not apply the same logic. Not a biggie though.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #986 on: August 31, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
Obviously the NK cut those in there for superior mid-air braking power and improved cornering. Duh.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #987 on: August 31, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
I don't know man, I need my magical undead dragons to be as anatomically correct as possible.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #988 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #989 on: August 31, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
Plowing through 100 feet of ice with your corpse after plummeting from the sky might poke a hole in your wing.