Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 126300 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »
I'm on page 592 of A Feast for Crows (book 4 of the series). Although I had to return it to the library awhile ago, probably gonna go grab it after work and recheck it to finish the damn thing.

And yes, as a reader of the novels, I do feel smug as fuck knowing everything.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »
I love that this show makes me angry. Seeing prominent characters getting killed off definitely makes things a lot less boring though. I hope to see more of Jon Snow, hes definitely one of my favorite characters on the show with Ned gone. It will be a joyous day when someone takes out joffrey; good god he the worst. Also I can't wait till the White Walkers start fucking shit up.

fuck yea, i was hoping he came back to join Robb in battle

Anyone else notice this

or this little shit face from Batman Begins

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 05:59:56 AM »
New episode today !  whos stoked !?

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »
Anyone else notice this

holy shit.

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
Damn the last episode was pretty good, could've had a little bit more meat to it though(maybe some more zombie action). The dragons looked so sick and can't wait to see how that smokin' hot bitch uses them. Can't wait for the next season, anyone know if it's a definite/when it's coming out?

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
It said spring 2012 immediately after the credits.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
Fuck the wait for this is gonna be agonizing. Just like the wait for Breaking Bad has been. I guess this is easier cause you can read the books, spoil it for yourself.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
The dragons will be insane!
Keenan Forever

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
That was a bummer seeing Drogo become a vegetable. My wife cried her eyes out on that one.
The baby dragons at the end made up for it though... them titties were nice too.

2012 can't come fast enough. God I hope HBO does the whole series of books.

JUSTICE BEAVER

• Rep: 6
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 07:31:14 AM »
Keenan Forever

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 07:25:31 AM »
I like these kinds of shows ,  nobody is safe , everybody can die .

So now begins the long wait for the next season , which is gonna suck . Buying the books wont be enough since now you know theres a show doing it .

from reading the wiki I know arya stark has a sick story line and will be cool to see that evolve . kid is sick

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »
Do the books go in chronological order? Are they accurate compared to the show? I want to start reading the books but was wondering if I should start on the first or if the second picks up where the show ended.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »
Do the books go in chronological order? Are they accurate compared to the show? I want to start reading the books but was wondering if I should start on the first or if the second picks up where the show ended.

you should start with the second one, a clash of kings.  it picks up exactly where season 1/book 1 left off.
where is home?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
rad, thanks dude

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you should start with the second one, a clash of kings.  it picks up exactly where season 1/book 1 left off.

Would it be worth going back to read the first book? Did the show miss anything?

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=54029.msg1472456#msg1472456 date=1308803457
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Would it be worth going back to read the first book? Did the show miss anything?

the couple people i talked to who already read them suggested it would be worth it to read the first one, especially cause you can pick it up for so cheap now, theres a lot more detail in those 800+ pages than the 10 episodes, even though they were godly

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
Quote from: daniel  link=topic=54029.msg1472456#msg1472456 date=1308803457
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

the couple people i talked to who already read them suggested it would be worth it to read the first one, especially cause you can pick it up for so cheap now, theres a lot more detail in those 800+ pages than the 10 episodes, even though they were godly

it would be for sure worth it to read...just because it's a great book and there is alot more meat in there.     they knocked out the major storylines, which sort of blew me away how much they got in there.    this is not a spoiler...but just in case the first book focuses much more heavily with Bran's relationship with the wildling woman and his new found dreams he has involving the one eyed crow.  basically he starts seeing many different things through the crows eye....like premointions and stuff.   as the story progresses he becomes much more central to the overall plot and it's good to walk away from the first book knowing his dreams are important.

well actually ok here is a list of things i think were sort of left out of out the series that are from the first book.   i dont think they are really spoilers at all, i just think it was too much to fit into 10 episodes so they had to leave some things out.

-bran's dreams with the crow are important, and he has many more of them than the series implies
-theon greyjoy is the rightful heir to the Iron Islands
-varys is a sneaky son of bitch and appears alot more in the book, and he knows everything.
-littlefinger really really likes sansa, because he was super inlove with catelyn, which we know from the show
but the book really lets you know how much he does.
-also tyrion is supposed to be an ugly motherfucker
-there is a younger stark son, Rickon.  easy to not notice him in the series.  he is more important later
-sansa was the person who ratted to Cersei that they were leaving, and thereby basically being somewhat responsible for her father's death
-the Hound is gnarly as fuck and important as shit, i didn't get that impression that much from the show.
-Bronn is much more a money hungry bastard, again something it would be really difficult to show
-Arya is actually pretty ill with that sword.
-the dude that joffery asks to slap sansa is more important than the show implies.  he's more in the mix of things that it appears.
-probably because of budget but the dorthraki looked small in numbers.   there is SHIT load of them. 
-again those Direwovles are important and are always at the children's sides.  the wolves that are not dead that is.

where is home?

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
you have tempted me greatly with your small print, but in all regards the wiki already fucked it up for me when i tried to just learn the names of the characters, like arya's story. i cant wait to see dany fuck shit up, really gotta learn how to read (actually) when high, too often i glide over words or paragraphs and its really slowing my catching up on the series. read it not high you say? what?

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
I am reading the first book now and it is really good.  It is long so there is a lot of detail, worth reading even if you watch the show.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »
Wow. Looks just as good as I expected

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:24 PM »
the battle of king's landing is going to be sick.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »
Just got the fifth book in the mail right now.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 09:19:21 AM »
halfway through 'a dance with dragons' I fucking love these books. 'a feast for crows is definitely the worst one, though.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
Even Arya hasn't helped yet. And she's one of my favorite characters.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »
I'm so psyched for this. Maaadd sword fights, titties, and beautiful landscapes.

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
I'm so psyched for this. Maaadd sword fights, titties, and beautiful landscapes.
Damn thats two months, any other good TV Show recommondations?

Reggie Dunlop

• Rep: -4
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
at midnight, they are showing the latest trailer on HBO Go. Getting dork chills.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »
I shall be internetting that now.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 09:02:12 PM »
Anyone catch the new episode?

Shit was great.