Author Topic: KING FOAM MUTHAFUCKAS  (Read 7751 times)

hesaidwhat?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
KING FOAM MUTHAFUCKAS
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »
http://footprint.bigcartel.com/product/king-foam-insoles

flat poron insoles from footprint... that dont cost 50 fucking dollars. I cant believe it took so long for someone to make poron insoles. but anyway... they here now

Joey Brezinski's super happy fun game minutes- KING FOAM!

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: KING FOAM MUTHAFUCKAS
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Theotis drinking Duff what what whaaat??? :o

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
If they're the same price as these:

http://footshox.com/product_detail_mens_sport.htm

they might actually be worth it to support a "skate brand." The poron inserts from Foot Shox are seriously awesome. Jump off tall things! Now I'm just waiting for replacement knee cartilage.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »
Interesting for sure.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »
These are inexpensive and I've wanted to try poron insoles ever since I heard of what they do... But this is the first time I've heard about the game changers and the idea is awesome. for those that have tried them, do they mold throughout your entire arch area and does it actually make a difference as far as foot pain and fatigue?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »
I'm not buying the ball and egg drop things.  Based on physics, you can fake it.

Regular ball dropped for the other soles will bounce.  Swap out the ball for a super heavy ball dropped for their sole won't bounce.

Drop the egg.  An egg is super strong in it's longest dimension.  Try to crush an egg in your hand pressing from the fat end to the skinny tip.  It won't break.  Do it from the sides and it will easily.  If the egg lands on its top or bottom rather than on its side, it won't break as easily.

ogaxions4life

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
I'm not buying the ball and egg drop things.  Based on physics, you can fake it.

Regular ball dropped for the other soles will bounce.  Swap out the ball for a super heavy ball dropped for their sole won't bounce.

Drop the egg.  An egg is super strong in it's longest dimension.  Try to crush an egg in your hand pressing from the fat end to the skinny tip.  It won't break.  Do it from the sides and it will easily.  If the egg lands on its top or bottom rather than on its side, it won't break as easily.

Try it yourself.

Bowling Ball Impact Test- Footprint 'KING FOAM" Insoles VS EVA Foam

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
I have been skating the footshox insoles for at least a month now and my feet, knees, and back are much happier.  I just pulled the trigger on a couple pairs of these king foam shits just to see.  If they suck, I'll just deal with it (and you'll hear me groaning about it).  I hope they're even better than the footshox ones.

cloud

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
Thanks for the plug buddy. :)

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »
i got a pair.  they come in a sheet and you have to cut out the insole so they are literally just flat insoles.  i was super bummed at first but fuck i love em now. im using em with my tnt 5's

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
^Did you put them as a replacement for the Vans insole or did you simply put the king foam insole on top of the Vans insole?

spare change

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
I cut apart my old artos and got the poron out and have been putting it under my insoles for a while. It doesn't fit with every shoe but when I find one that is roomy it is a no brainer. I can't wait to get a pair of these king foam insoles. 

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 08:20:40 PM »
^Did you put them as a replacement for the Vans insole or did you simply put the king foam insole on top of the Vans insole?
i replaced em with the vans insole. i rigged up another thin insole for a higher heel area cuz the vans had a thick heel and it felt slightly off

MANshark

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »
Whats with the insole threads lately?  Cheap marketing? 

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »
Just got a pair of the kingfoams, and a set of the water injected ones... gonna try them both out two different types so will be interesting! If it saves my knees and backs even the smallest amount of pain they've been having it'll be worth it

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 09:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i replaced em with the vans insole. i rigged up another thin insole for a higher heel area cuz the vans had a thick heel and it felt slightly off
Interesting.....

I'm just finishing the Vans TNT 5 review today and I never had a problem with the insole. I thought it worked really well but your information is useful and I'll be sure to reference what you did in my insole review and see what works best.
Thanks.

ogaxions4life

• Rep: -3
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
i got a pair.  they come in a sheet and you have to cut out the insole so they are literally just flat insoles.  i was super bummed at first but fuck i love em now. im using em with my tnt 5's

They actually do come cut to size and you can trim to fit but some got sent flat sheets because they had a supply/logistics problem so they had to send some uncut ones out. Still no difference in the end though.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 12:04:24 PM »
I cut apart my old artos and got the poron out and have been putting it under my insoles for a while. It doesn't fit with every shoe but when I find one that is roomy it is a no brainer. I can't wait to get a pair of these king foam insoles. 
good idea. how difficult was it?

spare change

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
It's tough, tin snips work best to cut away the upper.

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 06:48:07 AM »
after mine were backorder , they finally arrived yesterday and they sent one pari of king foams and a pair of the gamechangers when i ordered 2 king foams. so now i gotta wait for my pair while my brother skates his. from just messing around in his pair though i can tell you that the impact absorption is way better than the g codes sti, which i thought were amazing.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
I have the Gamechangers insoles stacked on top of the Kingfoam ones right now, seriously the most comfy my feet have been. I'm recovering from a heel bruise and these things are perfect. Not sure if I'll skate them that way but to walk around it's perfect.
i thought about this too but I'd have to do it with some mid tops

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
Expand Quote
I have the Gamechangers insoles stacked on top of the Kingfoam ones right now, seriously the most comfy my feet have been. I'm recovering from a heel bruise and these things are perfect. Not sure if I'll skate them that way but to walk around it's perfect.
[close]
i thought about this too but I'd have to do it with some mid tops

That would feel like skating in some platform shoes circa Kiss 1977.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »
i was using the gamechangers for about 5 months and they are awesome. the only thing i don't like is the toe part of the shoe, that shit is made of regular foam material that flattens out after a few months. the insoles did reallly help my heels and arches, but my toes after some sessions lately began to ache and i could take it so i switched to some $15 sofsoles. but i am willing to try these poron insoles.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
Is there a poron insole with arch support, so you don't have to stack two insoles and fuck your board feel?  That would be ideal I'd think.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
i was using the gamechangers for about 5 months and they are awesome. the only thing i don't like is the toe part of the shoe, that shit is made of regular foam material that flattens out after a few months. the insoles did reallly help my heels and arches, but my toes after some sessions lately began to ache and i could take it so i switched to some $15 sofsoles. but i am willing to try these poron insoles.

The flattening out of soles at the front balls of my feet drives me crazy.  The blue swirly part of these Sofsole athlete insoles does not flatten out.  super good.  As a whole, they are on the soft squishy side.

I also put in separate arch supports.  Unfortunately the ones I use are discontinued but I have 4 pairs that I rotate through all my shoes.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The flattening out of soles at the front balls of my feet drives me crazy.  The blue swirly part of these Sofsole athlete insoles does not flatten out.  super good.  As a whole, they are on the soft squishy side.

I also put in separate arch supports.  Unfortunately the ones I use are discontinued but I have 4 pairs that I rotate through all my shoes.

its pretty pathetic honestly that footprint used some regular foam for those $50 insoles. they could have used a way better material.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Rzarector

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 06:30:54 AM »

The footprint insoles have been $34.99 for a long time but like that other guy said, after 5 months ... thats a long time
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:34:44 AM by Rzarector »

lerkur

• Rep: -1
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »
on their youtube page, gamechangers said that they would combine the footprint insole with king foam soon

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »
on their youtube page, gamechangers said that they would combine the footprint insole with king foam soon

Ah, good deal. I'll buy those.