Author Topic: 5 new free games on Steam  (Read 3656 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
5 new free games on Steam
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
So, in case anyone missed it, there are 5 new free to play games on Steam. There's Spiral Knights (massively multiplayer, cartoonish, pretty faced paced and fun), Champions Online (MMORPG, make your own superhero...kind of slow so far, but entertaining), Alliance of Valliant Arms (arcade-ish fps), Forsaken World (kind of a WoW clone), and Global Agenda (futuristic mmorpg). I've only played Spiral Knights and Champions Online. They're both pretty fun, especially considering that they're free. If you play PC games and have some time to waste, I'd suggest them.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

codithou

• Rep: 41
Re: 5 new free games on Steam
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
I'm trying out the Spiral Knights game.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
Stoked, steam is on mac now, so I'll be trying these. Spiral Knights is alright, reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for whatever reason.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
Its been on Mac for over a year, when they first released it you could download Portal for free it was a very rad welcome gift

I haven't used steam to purchase any games yet, I havent found a gamepad thats compatibly with either of the Portal games, any of the Call of Duty games or any FPS come to think of it, im not much a mouse and keyboard guy

For you mac dudes though make sure you download Sixtyforce if you havent yet. Its an N64 emulator for macs, you can get pretty much any game, some crash a bit but most ive come across have been solid

Sixtyforce:
http://www.sixtyforce.com/

Games/Roms:
http://www.coolrom.com/

lem

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
Hell yeah frisco, I never made any effort to find a n64 emulator, but I've wanted one so thank you.

Also for the gamepad, have you tried using a wired 360 controller? A friend of mine plays Portal 2 on his mac with it. Uses this driver.

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

I have not used it myself, so I'm unsure on how to do it all, but he says it works quite well.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
Ohhh shit I hope that works, Im gonna try that. What I actually did was pair my blu tooth PS3 controller wirelessly to my macbook and play Ocarina of Time on it. Fucking kills so hard.

It doesnt work as well for portal or call of duty, sensitivity is through the roof and theres a bunch of fucked up steps to adjust it

I just got through the forrest temple and right as Im going back into some village my game crashes, no big deal cause I saved right? No. Lost the whole fucking forrest temple and had to do it again, I hate the forrest temple.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »
Oh damn that sucks! That happened to me a bunch when I was playing my emulator'd Ocarina of Time. Shitty rom I guess. As an update, I was playing Champions online and it is boring as fuck, so I'd stay away from that, even if it is free. Spiral Knights is a good time though.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »
This reminds me, do you guys know where i can find a good n64 emulator for pc? I am sure i could find one but i hate searching for stuff like that.

overheated

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:58:06 AM »
This reminds me, do you guys know where i can find a good n64 emulator for pc? I am sure i could find one but i hate searching for stuff like that.

Project64 does the job pretty well, been using it for years.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Project64 does the job pretty well, been using it for years.

lem

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »
I've gotten pretty into Spiral Knights. My ign is gamblingfool, send a friend invite or something.

Mark Granger

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
Much props for sharing.