Author Topic: Minnesota  (Read 10485 times)

oldgoodburger

Re: Minnesota
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »
cold like minnesota, it get cold like minnesota

Eric ricks

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
Yeah it gets cold here

I skate minni often, great place! Locals are cool as fuck. Watch out though they have some fucked up laws. Ive been in jail a few times just for putting 4 wheels on the ground

Duluth fucking sucks in some ways, awesome in others. If ya like to bomb hills duluth is fuckin fun!

Few good spots downtown but ive always found good rails and stairs etc searching the housing areas. Churches mostly.

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm gonna be in Rochester/Minneapolis for work the next 2-3 weeks if anyone's keen to link up and skate. Otherwise tips on bars, food, skate spots/parks, and anything else is much appreciated! thanks.
[close]
Rochester has a lot of spots downtown around the Mayo Clinic. Security can be tight around there but you can get lucky on the weekends later on in the day. Their skatepark is pretty fun but kinda weird (half concrete/half shitty metal pre-fab). I haven't eaten there a whole lot but people seem to like John Hardy's BBQ.

I live in Minneapolis and you really can't go wrong just skating around downtown. Definitely check out Government Center (rainbow banks) and the parking garage across the street. There's also some good spots at the new U.S. Bank Stadium and the surrounding plazas. As far as skateparks I'd recommend checking out the new Burnsville park. It's got a bowl and a really fun street section. Eden Prarie, New Hope, Oakdale, and Woodbury have pretty fun parks too. If you want to check out a shop, I prefer Cal Surf (right next to a bunch of lakes that are good for swimming/chillin).

Minnehaha Falls is pretty cool but can get real packed with tourists this time of year. Five-Watt and Boiler Room are my favorite coffee shops and Glam Doll has good donuts if you're into that. As far as bars go, UpDown is a new "barcade" where all the games are 25 cents (10 cents on Thursdays) and the beers are cheap especially during happy hours. Kitty Cat Klub is dope but pretty much the only cool thing in the area. CC Club is where I'll usually be getting drunk and where most of the skaters hang out. I work next door at French Meadow which is good for food but it can get spendy. Hard Times has big portions for dirt cheap. It's a cash only vegetarian spot with a funny mix of crust punks and college kids. Caffrey's has good sandwiches.... I tend to eat pretty cheaply so you might want to look elsewhere for better food suggestions.

The State Fair is going on right now and that's worth checking out especially if you've never been. Just send me a message if you wanna know a specific spot or anything else.

Been here for about 2 weeks now. Man, Middle America is either weirder than I remember or has gotten weirder. Rochester park has some fun ledges but the weird thing about it is how it's on a hill. It kind of makes me feel like I have vertical if I'm skating one of the ledges located horizontal on that vertical slope.

Which park would you say is your favorite in Minneapolis? I'm mostly into euros, ledges, gap to ledges, and manual pads I'd say. Will probably head up there again this weekend. Also, any vegan food suggestions? It's pretty damn difficult trying to eat vegan here haha. Cheap is cool but since I'm on business as long as a place isn't cash only then I'm not paying for it.

I went to UpDown - maybe not the best choice for a Saturday haha. All the games were pretty well taken, super packed, but it was interesting. Got food at Reverie and picked up beer from Zipp's. There's only one place with a minimal selection of mix your own six pack here. Looking forward to going and picking up brews from Zipp's again. Those guys were super helpful in guiding me on picking out some amazing local craft beers. 

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Which park would you say is your favorite in Minneapolis? I'm mostly into euros, ledges, gap to ledges, and manual pads I'd say. Will probably head up there again this weekend. Also, any vegan food suggestions? It's pretty damn difficult trying to eat vegan here haha. Cheap is cool but since I'm on business as long as a place isn't cash only then I'm not paying for it.

Hard times should have some shit for you.

Eden Prairie skatepark is everything you just asked for. In my top 5 parks. It doesn't get too crowded anymore, but when it is, it sucks since it's one of those track type parks.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »
Minnesota is great because it's attached to Canada and the people are friendly. Utah, Montana and Minnesota have some of the best outdoor scenes in America.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
How's the weather up there? I'm headed up for three weeks starting saturday and I wouldn't mind skating with a pal or two if I'm not too busy

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
the next few days will probably be the last nice days for like 5 months

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:10 PM »
the next few days will probably be the last nice days for like 5 months
I'm disappointed but not surprised. At least there's always 3rd/Familia

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »
Fun place.
I'm trying to come back this summer.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
I got a job offer in St Cloud. Place any good for skating or minor alcoholism?

Is it true that since I didn’t grow up in Minnesota no one will invite me ice fishing?

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »

Is it true that since I didn’t grow up in Minnesota no one will invite me ice fishing?

There is a giant skate park in St. Cloud. Also, there are a ton of skate plazas all over the metro area as well.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There is a giant skate park in St. Cloud. Also, there are a ton of skate plazas all over the metro area as well.
fyi that park is getting demolished for a Costco, which rumor has it is helping to build a new one somewhere else.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
fyi that park is getting demolished for a Costco, which rumor has it is helping to build a new one somewhere else.
What the fuck since when?? They just built that thing.

St. Cloud has a lot of spots and the local shop (Youth Shelter) is pretty cool; it's a rad place.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »
Youth Shelter closed down

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Damn that sucks to hear. Hopefully a new shop pops up in its place.

billyerlife

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:23 AM »
Minneapolis is dope! The Government Plaza and surrounding area is filled with great spots. I went down there fourth of July figuring the cops would be preoccupied. You can literally just skate around and find tons of awesome shit. Here's an unimpressive edit of a few tricks my old ass pulled off.
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1n2YrlDLi/?taken-by=streetminiramp