Author Topic: Coeur d' Alene, ID  (Read 1435 times)

bandini

Coeur d' Alene, ID
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
Kind of a long shot, I know, but I'm gonna be there for a few days around the beginning of July. Last time I was there I didn't find much, and the park is pretty bad, so wondering if by chance there's anyone here who can steer me to something skateable in the area.

Thanks-

Lordata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Coeur d' Alene, ID
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:18:08 PM »
I have a friend who went to school up there, but I don't think he'll be up there this summer. I'll probably see him though and can ask him. Just post in this thread again in like a week and I should have a reply.

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
In Spokane, WA, like 15 min from cour d'alene there is a skatepark under a bridge and tons of street skating. That's the extent of my knowledge.

???

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:33:54 AM »
Having grown up in Spokane, I used to go to Coeur D'Alene alot because it was the first skatepark in the area. That place is now pushing 15+ years old.

As far as skating street, I have no idea anymore. The courthouse used to have rad ledges and this radio station had a hip, but those are both gone. There was rad cliff jumping to the east of downtown with lots of hiking trails, etc. I am sure that is still going and its fun to swim there in July.

Spokane is fun though and worth the drive. There is the park under I-90 and a newer park next to Joe Albi Stadium on the north end, which is a blast. Sniper Rifle is a Spokane guy, you should PM him for better advise.

bandini

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
Thanks guys. Google maps is showing CDA to Spokane as 45 minutes. I've definitely driven further than that for a daily session, but given that I'm probably going to be grabbing an hour or two here and there when I can (between family stuff), I was hoping maybe there were some gems in CDA that I had just overlooked before - wishful thinking, right?: )

Anyway, Spokane's definitely a valid backup in case no one knows of anything closer.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:44 AM »
seattle.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Sniper Rifle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
Bandini-message sent your way. I included my number so hit me with a text when you get around here. I'm gonna set you up with the right people and send you in the right direction. Enjoy your stay! Whatever you do-don't share my number with anyone.

???

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
Bandini-message sent your way. I included my number so hit me with a text when you get around here. I'm gonna set you up with the right people and send you in the right direction. Enjoy your stay! Whatever you do-don't share my number with anyone.

I knew it. You're a good dude, Snipes.

Quilmes Cerveza

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
Isn't there a newer park that was built somewhere in between Spokaine and Coeur d' Alene?

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:50 AM »
My buddy told me there's an indoor park in Post Falls, supposedly free on Wednesdays. Can't remember where else he told me he was skating though. Sounds like you've got some other dudes hooking it up with info though.

Quilmes Cerveza

• Rep: 5
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »
There is a new outdoor park in Post Falls, ID. Just google it for info.