Poll

Who yall got this time?

Biden
47 (70.1%)
Trump
20 (29.9%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: March 09, 2024, 08:26:06 AM

Author Topic: Trump VS. Biden (again)  (Read 2581 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Trump VS. Biden (again)
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2024, 09:50:26 AM »
Part of the inflation equation is that these corporations know you will blame Biden instead of their own corporate greed.

They tried to rationalize the original inflation by saying they are making up for money they lost during Covid but look at every corporation bragging about their increased profits years later. Keep helping them get away with robbing you by blaming their designated scapegoat who has actually passed legislation to lower the initial inflation. Can’t legislate away their corporate greed unfortunately.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2024, 10:23:14 AM »
Part of the inflation equation is that these corporations know you will blame Biden instead of their own corporate greed.

They tried to rationalize the original inflation by saying they are making up for money they lost during Covid but look at every corporation bragging about their increased profits years later. Keep helping them get away with robbing you by blaming their designated scapegoat who has actually passed legislation to lower the initial inflation. Can’t legislate away their corporate greed unfortunately.

Biden brought up shrinkflation in the SOTU and hopefully they can get a law or two passed

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2024, 10:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've watched all the Biden dementia compilations on Youtube and they're all a joke.  If he actually has dementia, I'd like to know.  Get back to me when Biden thinks he's in the 80's, or he can't remember Kamala's name.  Flubbing a few words while public speaking(to millions no less) or falling off a bike with cages is completely normal.  If they said it was early dementia or something, I'd say that's plausible, but they've been saying that for almost 10 years now.  It's the same shit they always pull, just throw a bunch of outlandish claims repeatedly knowing most people's political knowledge is facebook memes.

I'm not trying to start an argument on this, I just would actually like to know the answer.  I keep seeing shit about how the Dems had 50 years to codify Roe, but REFUSED to.  Was there actually a time in the last 50 years where we definitively had enough votes to get past the filibuster?  Like all this garbage social media political shit makes it sound like it'd be super easy to pass, but I remember support for abortion rights when I was a kid being pretty abysmal.
[close]
I'm not a neuropsychologist, but I am a Clinical Psychologist at the VA and used to do full-time cognitive assessments for geriatric patients. Dementia isn't dichotomous, but it's on a spectrum like any other neurocognitive disorder and it's pretty obvious both candidates have age-related declines.

Our executive functioning (frontal lobe) typically peaks around late 20's and everyone starts to show some declines once they hit late 50's or 60's, which is why some professions require retirement at a certain age (e.g. FAA requires retirement at age 65yo). Any gero psychologist would tell you both Biden and Trump have some level of neurocognitive impairment and should not be the leader of the free world. Even for people with very obvious dementia (e.g. Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein, etc) there are no fail-safes in US politics.
[close]

I echo the appreciation that others have posted regarding your professional insight.

I am a speech-language pathologist, and I have my own professional opinions regarding both candidates. Each of them certainly has age-related cognitive decline. Having experience working with children and adults with dysfluent speech (stuttering), I feel my concerns are almost identical.

Overall, linguistic cohesion and sequencing of their messages seem lacking. Most worrying to me are instances when they are not self-monitoring and repairing their messages (e.g., using the wrong president's name, the name of an incorrect country, not adequately answering the question, etc.).

I was pleasantly surprised at how Biden performed during the State of the Union, overall. 

Considering the population size of the U.S., it is ridiculous that these are the two front runners. In my mind, the two options from the major parties signal how deficient the two-party system is.   
Yeah, SOTU performance was way better than I thought it would be. He looked energized and handled MTG pretty well. On the flip side, it was obviously practiced and requires a lot less working memory, processing speed, and executive functioning. Interviews and debates are where he falls apart.

A lot of gero patients I see start rambling off non-sense and "don't have a filter." When really, they just can't plan out communication and lack the nuance of skilled conversation. Trump is the embodiment of this. He's also incapable of reciprocal communication, and will just distract interviewers with some non-sense to confuse them and change the subject. He never really answers the questions being asked.

If you thought the 2020 debate was sad, this one is going to be way worse with 4 extra years of cognitive decline.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 11:51:20 AM by Cuban_Lynx »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1338
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2024, 11:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've watched all the Biden dementia compilations on Youtube and they're all a joke.  If he actually has dementia, I'd like to know.  Get back to me when Biden thinks he's in the 80's, or he can't remember Kamala's name.  Flubbing a few words while public speaking(to millions no less) or falling off a bike with cages is completely normal.  If they said it was early dementia or something, I'd say that's plausible, but they've been saying that for almost 10 years now.  It's the same shit they always pull, just throw a bunch of outlandish claims repeatedly knowing most people's political knowledge is facebook memes.

I'm not trying to start an argument on this, I just would actually like to know the answer.  I keep seeing shit about how the Dems had 50 years to codify Roe, but REFUSED to.  Was there actually a time in the last 50 years where we definitively had enough votes to get past the filibuster?  Like all this garbage social media political shit makes it sound like it'd be super easy to pass, but I remember support for abortion rights when I was a kid being pretty abysmal.
[close]
I'm not a neuropsychologist, but I am a Clinical Psychologist at the VA and used to do full-time cognitive assessments for geriatric patients. Dementia isn't dichotomous, but it's on a spectrum like any other neurocognitive disorder and it's pretty obvious both candidates have age-related declines.

Our executive functioning (frontal lobe) typically peaks around late 20's and everyone starts to show some declines once they hit late 50's or 60's, which is why some professions require retirement at a certain age (e.g. FAA requires retirement at age 65yo). Any gero psychologist would tell you both Biden and Trump have some level of neurocognitive impairment and should not be the leader of the free world. Even for people with very obvious dementia (e.g. Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein, etc) there are no fail-safes in US politics.
[close]

I echo the appreciation that others have posted regarding your professional insight.

I am a speech-language pathologist, and I have my own professional opinions regarding both candidates. Each of them certainly has age-related cognitive decline. Having experience working with children and adults with dysfluent speech (stuttering), I feel my concerns are almost identical.

Overall, linguistic cohesion and sequencing of their messages seem lacking. Most worrying to me are instances when they are not self-monitoring and repairing their messages (e.g., using the wrong president's name, the name of an incorrect country, not adequately answering the question, etc.).

I was pleasantly surprised at how Biden performed during the State of the Union, overall. 

Considering the population size of the U.S., it is ridiculous that these are the two front runners. In my mind, the two options from the major parties signal how deficient the two-party system is.   
[close]
Yeah, SOTU performance was way better than I thought it would be. He looked energized and handled MTG pretty well. On the flip side, it was obviously practiced and requires a lot less working memory, processing speed, and executing functioning. interviews and debates are where he falls apart.

A lot of gero patients I see start rambling off non-sense and "don't have a filter." When really, they just can plan out communication and lack the nuance of skilled conversation. Trump is the embodiment of this. He's also incapable of reciprocal communication, and will just distract interviewers with some non-sense to confuse them and change the subject. He never really answers the questions being asked.

If you thought the 2020 debate was sad, this one is going to be way worse with 4 extra years of cognitive decline.

Four years of high stress and relative isolation. Whooboy
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2024, 11:41:51 AM »
Love the world vote against hate.

Tomorrow we can have better candidates. It gotta happen.

Ones that aren't obsessed with violence
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • sup dog
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2024, 02:32:27 PM »
Ranked voting would be nice: third parties might have a real chance.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2024, 06:39:20 PM »
lara trump, donnies daughter in law is now heading the Republican National Committee. And with this new leadership:
"The RNC is being brought under the Trump campaign to such an extent, the sources said, that the firings are mainly to ensure there is no overlap in roles between the RNC and the campaign. The Trump campaign, for instance, already has robust political and communications teams."
...this should absolutely concern you

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2024, 06:56:11 PM »
Who wants to put money on this election? I got $100 on Biden. Bet.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2024, 07:02:48 PM »
I'm just thinking about the Jews won't replace up people.

They are all 100% on one side.
They wanna kill me and my family because they Jewish.

Don't help that. Plz

I'm not worrying for me I'm worrying for my kids. I don't want them to have to do battle in the way me and my friends had to.

The Nazi skinhead movement SUCKED
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2024, 06:16:05 AM »
lara trump, donnies daughter in law is now heading the Republican National Committee. And with this new leadership:
"The RNC is being brought under the Trump campaign to such an extent, the sources said, that the firings are mainly to ensure there is no overlap in roles between the RNC and the campaign. The Trump campaign, for instance, already has robust political and communications teams."
...this should absolutely concern you
A few of Trump's PACs are going broke because of his legal fees, and now the RNC is about to drop what little it has left into his coffers.
Watching them burn through their budgets for nothing is amazing... dude didn't even do a GOP debate. Only reason Trump's even running is to delay and complicate all these fucking hearings he has to attend. Utterly insane.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1338
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2024, 07:01:45 AM »
Oh man, keep preying and praying, brothers and sisters.

The evangelical movement will be keeping this afloat. So many tax scams going on. Man…
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • sup dog
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2024, 07:21:14 AM »
Who wants to put money on this election? I got $100 on Biden. Bet.
Win win. If the preferred candidate doesn’t win, then you can still make money off the election.

I don’t like betting (I get too emotional). But if I were betting person, I’d say there is like a 1:1 shot either candidate wins. It’s too difficult to try and guess how the country is going to vote.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2024, 05:46:52 AM »
Do Trump voters understand his wishes to become a dictator, and do they know what that means?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2024, 01:25:28 PM »
Yes, but they but they are excited to watch their "enemies" be repressed and assume that'll it never happen to them.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2024, 02:29:55 PM »
Trump doesn't have the same momentum. Plus, only one president has ever served non-consecutive terms. It's almost a tradition to concede after losing re-election. Then again, we'll be electing the oldest person to have ever served. Before Trump, Reagan was the oldest president at 73 for the start of his second term.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 486
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2024, 04:05:11 PM »
Yes, but they but they are excited to watch their "enemies" be repressed and assume that'll it never happen to them.

I guess they didn’t learn anything in history classes. Don’t worry though if that happens they’ll all lose their guns(but ‘Murica?). You can’t have a dictatorship actually work with armed masses that may turn on you once they actually realize how much you’ve fucked them repeatedly.
I will give it to Putin though, he did learn from history. He took Germanys tactics from WW1 with Lenin and applied it quite well here. Release the bloated traitor man baby upon American and watch as it tears us apart and all he had to do was employ a few trolls to help him gather support.

The only reason he’s still running is to try and stop all the charges for all the treasoning he did while in office and right before he got the boot.
A tragic.

slaab900turbo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2024, 03:47:34 PM »
Going to sit this one out.